Just finished my first module
This module adds a new "Google-Analytics" Page in your Admin-Panel and displays various Statistics from a Google Analytics Account.
It uses the JQuery plugin "jqplot" to display the charts.
Modules directory: http://modules.proce...ogle-analytics/
- Visits by Date (Chart)
- General Statistics about Visits (Total visits, Visit duration, New visitors, Returning visitors etc.)
- Demographics: Countries, Cities, Languages
- System: Browsers, Operating Systems, Screen Resolutions
- Mobile: Operating Systems, Screen Resolutions
- Pageviews by Date (Chart)
- Top Content
- Traffic Sources: Keywords, Referral Traffic by Domain and URI
- Choose a default date range displaying statistics: last 24 hours, 2 days, 1 week, 1 month etc.
- Custom date range by setting a "start date" and "end date"
- Google Account and Analytics Account
- A Project in the Google APIs Console
1) Create a Project in the Google APIs Console:
- Create a new Project in the APIs Console: code.google.com/apis/console/
- Under Services, enable the Analytics API
- Under API Access: create an Oauth 2.0 Client-ID
- Give a Product Name, choose "Web-Application", Domain doesn't matter
- Enter a Redirect URI to the GA-Page in your Processwire Installation:
- The redirect URI must exactly match with the URL from the new "Google Analytics" page in Processwire. Open the Page and copy the URL from the address-bar (localhost does work too!)
- The project created in the APIs Console can be reused for every Processwire installation using this module. You just have to enter more redirect URIs
2) Install the module:
- Place the module's files in /site/modules/ProcessGoogleAnalytics
- Install the Module via the Admin-Panel
- Enter Client-ID and Client-Secret keys from the created project in the module config
- Load the newly created page "Google-Analytics" and click on the button "authenticate"
- Grant the module access to the Analytics Data
- Choose a Google Analytics account (Domain) from the dropdown
- Done: You should see the statistics. Check out the module config options for further customization
In order to let other users see the Google Analytics page, you must give their role access to the "ga-view" permission.
Ps. Processwire is awesome and so is this community!