Features planned for upcoming versions
The following features are planned for upcoming versions of the ProcessWire core. These are not the only features planned, they are just a taste. These may be subject to change depending on team availability and priority adjustments consistent with the projects ProcessWire is used for. The dates included are ballpark estimates and may occur sooner (or later).
ProcessWire 3.0 and 3.1 (starting Spring 2016)
Below is just a bulleted summary of planned features. For full details please see our 2016 roadmap blog post.
- Move to namespaces
- Front-end editing support
- Compiled template files
- Compiled modules
- Core code style and QA
- New API variables
- Redesigned images field with much improved UI
- Multi-instance support
- Composer support
- Enhancements to image editing and cropping tools
- Client-side image resizing
- Upgrades to front-end framework (for the admin)
- More MySQL options for engine and charset
- Auto-save in page editor
- Expanded permissions
- Front-end JS
More details in the 2016 roadmap.