ProcessWire runs on Apache, MySQL and PHP
The following are required to run ProcessWire 2.x
These requirements are consistent with the environment already provided by most web hosting providers. This is also the environment you will find when installing MAMP (Mac) or WAMP (Windows), for example.
- A Unix or Windows-based web server running Apache
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL 5.0.15 or greater (later versions of 4.x may also work)
- Apache must have mod_rewrite enabled
- Apache must support .htaccess files
- PHP's bundled GD 2 library
- PHP should support mysqli
Recommended but not required
- Multi-byte string support compiled with PHP (mbstring)
- PHP short tags setting turned on
Installing ProcessWire 2.x
- Download and unzip the ProcessWire installation file to the location where you want it installed on your web server. (Or unzip locally and ftp/rsync/scp the files to your server where you want them installed. OR better yet, "git clone" from the source at GitHub.
- Load the location that you unzipped (or uploaded) the files to in your web browser. This will initiate the ProcessWire installer. The installer will guide you through the rest of the installation.
ProcessWire in other environments
- A user has reported that that were able to install ProcessWire on IIS 7 in Windows 7.
- A user has reported that they were able to install ProcessWire on NGINX, and we will likely be adding official support for this in the future.
Your e-mail is kept confidential and not included with your comment. Website is optional.