Radio input field type for simple fields with 2 or 3 options?

hellomoto

I'm looking for a way around that though, for fields such as Condition where there are only 2 options: Used and New, or Mobility Type, for which the two options are Power and Sail. Those seem like slight overkill to include in the page tree.

This https://github.com/Hani79/Processwire_FieldType_Select_Drop_Down may work... 

What do you guys do when you have such simple sets of options? Pages, unanimously? 

Thanks.

yeah, you would create in your page tree a branch, let's say "settings" (or whatever);

you'll end up with tons of stuff under there anyway;

So then you'll have another page called 'Selects' and under that all of your selects and their options;

average sites i do these days have between 5-20 'selects';

you could create a template called 'option' (for the options) and another template called 'option-index' or 'option-folder' to hold the options. and setup the family rules to keep it clean.

the option template could have just a title; but you can later on extend it if you need additional things like data-description attribute, or link, etc..

That's what I did, but I prefer to have more like groups of settings in one page, not a page for each option of every setting... know what I mean? Like new/used, own/rent, 1/2/3.

Could always change in the future but for now I want to keep it simple as possible, really just trying to get a widespread proof of concept... Thanks though.

So I just adjusted that Select Drop Down module to be a radio select instead. This is fine for simple options such as those I described above, no? from a performance standpoint? Say for a few thousand listings heavy with fields, a good amount of them searchable, including these ones I want to make non-pages.