kixe

Cronjob Database Backup

I've always used the all tables option but on my recent mathparser module I've used 3 fields for the same functionality:

1) radio active by default yes/no

2) if no, fields to include

3) if yes, fields to exclude

• Like 1

On 5/27/2016 at 7:06 AM, kixe said:

@Robin S
Thanks for pointing this out. This note is obsolete. I missed to remove it from earlier versions. The cronjob is triggered by every user.

Hey Kixe!
Thank you for this great module! I use it quite often.
For most projects I need the backup to get triggered when the client logout.
I don't want to give the client the backup permission, to prevent them to mess things up.
From your comment above it seems the permission is not needed.
But when I logout without the backup permission, the backup is not working.
It would be nice if the backup gets triggered by any user on logout, or at least an option for this.

• Like 2

Hi @kixe,

additionally to what @jploch said above, and when you are already at it ;-), it would be very helpful to have the option for auto-backup on login!

The real life usage of auto backup on logout is not consistent because some users simply leave the backend without logout process. So I would prefer to switch to auto backup on login process. :-)
(Login process can not be skipped like Logout process!)

• Like 5

@jploch @horst

Tonight a had a look in the module and I made an update to version 1.1.6

• I removed any general permission from module. The Backup is triggered now by any user (if a time interval is set).
  • I added trigger option when a user logs in (thanks for the hint @horst).
  • I changed the name for the required permission (trigger on login or logout) from 'db-backup' to 'trigger-db-backup'. Also to prevent permission conflicts with ProcessDatabaseBackupsusing this permission.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kixe said:

@jploch @horst

Tonight a had a look in the module and I made an update to version 1.1.6

Nice! Thanks for the quick update!
After I updated to the new version, the permission 'trigger-db-backup' wasn't available.
I created it manually and now it works. Maybe the permission wasn't created  because I updated, rather than installing a new copy? 
Anyway great update, triggering the backup on login is a nice option! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jploch said:

After I updated to the new version, the permission 'trigger-db-backup' wasn't available.
I created it manually and now it works. Maybe the permission wasn't created  because I updated, rather than installing a new copy? 

Yes, the permission will be created on install only.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By eelkenet
      Hi! I've created a small Inputfield module called InputfieldFloatRange which allows you to use an HTML5 <input type="range" ../> slider as an InputField. I needed something like this for a project where the client needs to be able to tweak this value more based on 'a feeling' than just entering a boring old number. Maybe more people can use this so I'm hereby releasing it into the wild.  

What is it?
      The missing range slider Inputfield for Processwire. 
      What does it do?
      This module extends InputfieldFloat and allows you to use HTML5 range sliders for number fields in your templates.
      It includes a visible and editable value field, to override/tweak the value if required.  
      Features
      Min/max values Precision (number of decimals) Steps (Read more) Manual override of the selected value (will still adhere to the rules above) Usage
      Clone / zip repo Install FieldtypeFloatRange, this automatically installs the Inputfield Create new field of type `Float (range)` or convert an existing `Float`, `Integer` or `Text` field. To render the field's value simply echo `$page->field` Demo
      A field with Min=0, Max=1, Step=0.2, Precision=2

Field with settings Min=0, Max=200, Step=0.25, Precision=2

Todo
      Make the display-field's size configurable (will use the Input Size field setting)  Hopefully become redundant If it's usable for others I'll add it to the Modules list  
      Changelog
      v002
      - Fix issue where setting the step value to an empty value created problem with validation
      - Make the display-field optional 
      v001
      - Initial release

Thanks!

• By Robin S
      Another little admin helper module...
      Template Field Widths
      Adds a "Field widths" field to Edit Template that allows you to quickly set the widths of inputfields in the template.

Why?
      When setting up a new template or trying out different field layouts I find it a bit slow and tedious to have to open each field individually in a modal just to set the width. This module speeds up the process.
      Installation
      Install the Template Field Widths module.
      Config options
      You can set the default presentation of the "Field widths" field to collapsed or open. Field widths entered into the Template Field Widths inputfield are only applied if the Edit Template form is submitted with the Template Field Widths inputfield in an opened state. "Collapsed" is the recommended setting if you think you might also use core inputs for setting field widths in a template context. You can choose Name or Label as the primary identifier shown for the field. The unchosen alternative will become the title attribute shown on hover. You can choose to show the original field width next to the template context field width.  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/TemplateFieldWidths
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/template-field-widths/
    • By adrian
      Tracy Debugger for ProcessWire
      The ultimate “swiss army knife” debugging and development tool for the ProcessWire CMF/CMS

Integrates and extends Nette's Tracy debugging tool and adds 35+ custom tools designed for effective ProcessWire debugging and lightning fast development
      The most comprehensive set of instructions and examples is available at: https://adrianbj.github.io/TracyDebugger
      Modules Directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/tracy-debugger/
      Github: https://github.com/adrianbj/TracyDebugger
      A big thanks to @tpr for introducing me to Tracy and for the idea for this module and for significant feedback, testing, and feature suggestions.
    • By adrian
      This module allows you to automatically rename file (including image) uploads according to a configurable format
      This module lets you define as many rules as you need to determine how uploaded files will be named and you can have different rules for different pages, templates, fields, and file extensions, or one rule for all uploads. Renaming works for files uploaded via the admin interface and also via the API, including images added from remote URLs.   Github: https://github.com/adrianbj/CustomUploadNames
      Modules Directory: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-custom-upload-names/
      Renaming Rules
      The module config allows you to set an unlimited number of Rename Rules. You can define rules to specific fields, templates, pages, and file extensions. If a rule option is left blank, the rule with be applied to all fields/templates/pages/extensions. Leave Filename Format blank to prevent renaming for a specific field/template/page combo, overriding a more general rule. Rules are processed in order, so put more specific rules before more general ones. You can drag to change the order of rules as needed. The following variables can be used in the filename format: $page, $template, $field, and $file. For some of these (eg. $field->description), if they haven't been filled out and saved prior to uploading the image, renaming won't occur on upload, but will happen on page save (could be an issue if image has already been inserted into RTE/HTML field before page save). Some examples: $page->title mysite-{$template->name}-images $field->label $file->description {$page->name}-{$file->filesize}-kb prefix-[Y-m-d_H-i-s]-suffix (anything inside square brackets is is considered to be a PHP date format for the current date/time) randstring[n] (where n is the number of characters you want in the string) ### (custom number mask, eg. 001 if more than one image with same name on a page. This is an enhanced version of the automatic addition of numbers if required) If 'Rename on Save' is checked files will be renamed again each time a page is saved (admin or front-end via API). WARNING: this setting will break any direct links to the old filename, which is particularly relevant for images inserted into RTE/HTML fields. The Filename Format can be defined using plain text and PW $page variable, for example: mysite-{$page->path} You can preserve the uploaded filename for certain rules. This will allow you to set a general renaming rule for your entire site, but then add a rule for a specific page/template/field that does not rename the uploaded file. Just simply build the rule, but leave the Filename Format field empty. You can specify an optional character limit (to nearest whole word) for the length of the filename - useful if you are using $page->path, $path->name etc and have very long page names - eg. news articles, publication titles etc. NOTE - if you are using ProcessWire's webp features, be sure to use the useSrcExt because if you have jpg and png files on the same page and your rename rules result in the same name, you need to maintain the src extension so they are kept as separate files.
      $config->webpOptions = array(     'useSrcExt' => false, // Use source file extension in webp filename? (file.jpg.webp rather than file.webp) ); Acknowledgments
      The module config settings make use of code from Pete's EmailToPage module and the renaming function is based on this code from Ryan: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/3299-ability-to-define-convention-for-image-and-file-upload-names/?p=32623 (also see this post for his thoughts on file renaming and why it is the lazy way out - worth a read before deciding to use this module). 

NOTE:
      This should not be needed on most sites, but I work with lots of sites that host PDFs and photos/vectors that are available for download and I have always renamed the files on upload because clients will often upload files with horrible meaningless filenames like:
      Final ReportV6 web version for John Feb 23.PDF