Reno Theme

Peter Knight

Problem with multilingual site.

If the site is multilingual and you want to find a specific template to edit it is very troublesome to find the right template, because the name of the template is shortened.

In this case it is impossible to use Strg + F to find the template you want to edit.

post-2257-0-41359000-1437419247_thumb.pn

So it would be better to leave the template file name path intact and do not shortened it with ....... otherwise you will go cracy. The search function doesnt work in this case.

Edited: It is possible to find the right translation file in the "Select File(s)" area in the backend - I found it out a moment after I have posted this.

When using the Search feature (masthead) I can't highlight found items using up and down arrows. I think it would be a nice helper feature as clicking on an item is much harder.

(and after typing your hands are on the keyboard, not on the mouse)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Reno,

I am using this fantastic admin theme and I like it very much. Thanks for your great work.

I found an issue regarding using pagetable with this theme. The close [X] button is missing in the modal window editing content of a page. I can see it in the default theme.

Gideon So

• 1 month later...

Hello, newbie here. 

I work at a creative marketing agency as a designer/front-end developer. I've used many CMS in my time WordPress, Craft CMS, Concrete5 and so on. Process Wire is just an extra CMS that I'm way too excited to add to my list. Technically it looks amazing. 

I tried the demo and through the back-end looked stylized and modern which I loved (being a designer, I get a little finicky about cluttered back-ends), however when I installed it for myself I was disappointed to see that this wasn't the default theme and required some tweaking to get it to work.

Is there any plan to make this the default theme? I really feel like this is the first CMS system I can really get involved with, personally I would love to see this replace default. 

Hi Tom,

You're right, it's not the default, but adding one config setting can make it the default for all users.

I'm on mobile or I'd link to instructions in case you didn't get that sorted out yet.

I'm not sure about plans to make it the default theme, but I remember Ryan mentioning something about making it selectable on install eventually.

Also, glad you are digging ProcessWire and the Reno Theme. :)

Hey Tom,

Thanks. I've been using a similar looking theme I built locally for a long time, and I forget sometimes that it doesn't ship with the Reno Theme.

What I will probably do is release the theme I have in a manner similar to the way @nico did with his LightWire theme.

Actually, I may just see if Nico would release an additional color scheme for LightWire — no sense duplicating effort.

• Like 3

Brilliant.

I've just setup a cms for a client using Reno for the first time. So clean and tidy. I'd vote for making this one the standard theme for PW.

And, drifting a little from the subject, you know it's a great platform when you just send the url, login info and "call me when you get this", the client calls and first thing he says is "hey I had a look around in processwire, already made a few changes to content, I think I got this".

Yesterday switched back to the default theme and I agree Reno should be the default one. It just represents PW more and the first admin impression is critical.

I would also support dropping the default one not to waste effort on developing two themes.

I have liked the Default theme from the beginning and I also think Reno is a great alternative.   I use the Default theme all of the time.  Occasionally, I will use the Reno theme just to make sure any client using it won't have any issues.

My clients have never had a problem with using the Default theme.  Some of them do like the Reno theme and some of them are more comfortable with the Default theme.

I like the fact that you actually have a choice in ProcessWire and certainly wouldn't mind if there were more alternative themes.

• Like 3

To make it the default Theme for your site(s) is very easy:

• go to modules and install renotheme
  • go to the guest user and select renotheme as the default admintheme

Ready! :)

I think, when building a new site, everyone uses his / hers individual "starting site profile" with some modules allready installed or some setting tweaks. If you do so too, you need to switch renotheme to be the default only once for the next couple of years. :)

Besides that, my experiences are that for many less techsavy users, the default theme looks to be more cleaner (empty!). For those, I like to put everything out of the way and give them the most possible minimalism admin backend. And this is best done with the default admin theme.

Another fine thing is, that you can enable both themes and give the user(s) (by roles) the choice to select / switch their default.

Sorry for being a bit redundant on this. ;)

• Like 1