Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Any help appreciated.
I started with Joomla on this CMS parade. Then later I put my hands on Wordpress and eventually settled into Concrete 5. Recently I came to know about ProcessWire CMS, while I was looking for a better replacement for Concrete 5 in terms of robust, easiness, compact. I went through few Video tutorials of PW and read the documentation. The installation of PW was smoothy.
The concept of Page is awsome. I like the relation of Page, Fields & Templates. There are many things I can equal to Concrete 5 from ProcessWire, yet PW offers a tiny minimal, code level approach for CMS. We have full control over design & data. There are some pitfalls I felt such no sitewide settings, global logo setup etc but it is easily tackled with some API codes. PW api seems amazing, it is par with what Concrete 5 Offers.
I have done a simple website in ProcessWire now and going to do a lot further :
Hello fellow PW devs!
This is a short story from the server management trenches.
These past couple of days trying to solve an unexpected problem: after DigitalOcean patched the droplets in NYC3 region last week, my client's droplet became almost useless and went down a couple of times. The droplet has 2GB RAM and was running Ubuntu 16.04 that was updated to kernel 4.4.0-116 after the patch. The server was provisioned using Forge (forge.laravel.com).
After sshing into it, and running "top" I've noticed the cause: "php-fpm7.1" processes (3-5 instances) were spiking the CPU to 100%. This was very odd, as the CPU usually kept around 33% most of the time.
The site uses ProCache and markupCache and was getting around 800-1000 visits/day last week. I checked everything on PW's side and nothing seemed out of place, so I went restarting PHP and Nginx but the problem continued. I checked access logs and no suspicious activity shown up. I upgraded PHP to 7.2 to see if anything will changed but the problem continued.
My only guess after all that is that the droplet in question got screwed up somehow, because I didn't see any complaints on the web of other people getting the same problem on DO (But I confess that I did a quick Google search only).
So in the end I decided to create a new droplet, now with 2 CPU cores and kept the 2GB (1 extra core and $5 cheaper ). Reinstalled PW there and pointed the floating IP to this new server.
The installation went smooth but to one issue: error log started to show messages of MySQL showing "to many files" error when the users were searching. I've never encountered this message before, so after reading some StackOverflow posts, I changed mysql.services config file to remove its file limit (https://stackoverflow.com/a/36807137)
Everything is normal now, but I think I'll never discover what truly happened. Anyone else had this kind of problem with MySQL before?
By Kiwi Chris
More than a year after I submitted a proposal, I finally was given the contract to build a new website for a regional promotion organisation, promoting a very sparsely populated part of NZ.
The original website I think was running CMS Made Simple, however it was not mobile friendly, and the organisation of directory listings into categories was unreliable, and edits required requests to the original developer.
My brief was to make the site mobile friendly, and user editable, although I also ended up providing some of the photography as some of the site owners were slow to come forward with material themselves. I didn't rewrite content as that was beyond the scope of what I was asked to provide.
Bootstrap 4 came out after I'd already started the project, so it's built using Bootstrap 3.
Modules I used:
Admin Restrict Branch (So owners of listings can log in and edit their own listings, but nothing more) AIOM+ - I found the LESS compilation handy, as I could work with the Bootstrap source files and adjust variables rather than overriding compiled bootstrap. Fieldtype Phone - so I could easily format phone numbers so that they would work both as URLs and display correctly. Social Share Buttons - although I created a modified colour set of icons. Jumplinks - to map URLs from old site to maintain SEO.