Glad you got it sorted. Could I suggest that you direct the Autolinks question to Ryan? Maybe there's a way around the bottleneck...How many pages were you trying to load at once, btw?

Btw, thanks, your question made me realise that the code around the strip_tags need to be optimised anyway...That bit of code should only load when post small is set to true.

• Like 1

About 10 pages. When you linked me to your demos, I immediately thought it must be Textile or Hanna but it wasn't. I was surprised to see Autolinks being the issue. Obviously, the other two will add some processing overhead but nothing like Autolinks in this particular circumstance.

Hi,

I've just installed ProcessBlog on a test install of ProcessWire and all the admin side of things appears to work without issue, however when I try accessing any of the blog pages on the front-end all I get is a 404 not found error.

I've setup with blog style 2, and the blog pages and sub-pages all show OK in the admin page tree, and in the front-end sitemap, but viewing any of them just 404s.

Any ideas on how to what's happening and fix this?

The install was on a clean PW install (site-beginner)

Thanks in advance

Hi again,

Only possible contributing factor is on completing installation I get a database error that says:

" SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'testbed_processw.field_blog_comments' doesn't exist"

Would this be the cause? How to rectify it, and why would it have occurred?

Cheers

Hi @roblgs and welcome to PW and the forums.

Did you also install the MarkupBlog module?

MarkupBlog is not necessary if you want to create your own posts.php and post.php template files, but it makes it much quicker and easier to get going and you can use those files as a starting point and style from there.

Hi Adrian,

Not explicitly, it wasn't clear that was necessary to do so separately from ProcessBlog which said it included MarkupBlog.

If I check modules for 'Site' then I can see

Blog Post Publish Date

Markup Blog

as installed, along with process blog

If I click on either one of those names in the list I get a page showing details, an uninstall link and a submit button. Clicking submit produces a message that the module has been saved...

Blog front-end remains unreachable

Hi roblgs,

Welcome to the forums and PW.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Sorry for the 'bad' start with the Blog module.

1. The SQL error you see is something that started happening a couple of PW versions ago. It is safe to ignore it; just reload the dashboard and it will go away
  2. Blog automatically installs both MarkupBlog and ProcessBlog, although you may uninstall the former just fine
  3. 404s usually mean something wrong with your setup (server). URLs not being found where they are expected to be. I really doubt it has anything to do with Blog per se, but we are still going to help you :-)
  • Do other ProcessWire pages work fine? (Home, About, etc?)
  • Is this a sub-domain?
  • Is your install somewhere we can view it? (i.e. not a local install)
  • Long shot, but try installing using the 'blank profile' 

Let us know how it goes.

Hi Kongondo,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I think I have it sorted, though I took the sledgehammer approach and clean installed both PW and PB.

Previously there were no blog templates installed in /site/templates, they were all in /site/modules/ProcessBlog/template-files... this time around they are all in /site/templates and at least I now get pages when I try loading /blog and so on... i.e. no longer getting a 404.

Couple of questions... the blog templates all include blog-main.inc.

My current setup uses prepend and append files, so I'm guessing that to get it working well I'll have to create a blog-main.php as an append file, based on a merger of current _main.php and the blog-main.inc... that is if all pages are to work off a consistent model...

Initially the blog pages stacked everything vertically, but I've copied 'css' and 'js' folders from the module folder to /site/templates and its producing a more expected layout... except that it mixes the layouts/contents of blog-main.inc with that of the _init.php and _main.php currently being pre/appended, but I think that will be straightforward to clean up.

Still don't know exactly what happened previously, unless an install issue with folder permissions causing some things to not be placed where they should be. That's my current best guess, although there were no on-screen error messages to indicate that... I suspect that the /site folder and its children were not writable to the extent needed.

Anyway, atlas I have something now, which is a giant step forward from yesterday, and a base on which to learn more.

Cheers

Rob

Glad you got it sorted. The blog templates are all for demo purposes. So you can edit them as you please, or even not use them (only using their code as a reference if you are new to coding/PW...). The CSS and JS folders are intentionally not copied over...(as explained in the read me :-))..

Hi,

Yes, I'm at the stage of feeling all at sea with a new platform, but at least with something now visible it's easier!

Will now play with templates...

Hi,

Unable to add name to user, or to upload an image to a user.

These fields are added by the blog, as they are not present before installing the blog.

Any ideas?

The fields are displayed in the profile edit form, but after I fill the 'name' field with a text value and submit, the field is empty on reload, and no error message.

When trying to upload an image there is a red area below the image name on submit, but no error message.

Update...

I can add a name and an image when creating a new user, but cannot do so when trying to modify the primary admin account, even when logged in as the primary admin...

Weird!

If I logout of primary admin, and login as a different admin, I can then add name and image to the primary... Seems there is an issue with doing so when trying to update yourself.

Hi there,

I've just added this module (MarkupBlog) and I can't seem to see the Cleanup utility as described by the install instructions.

I'm logged in as the admin user and my php debug level is set to 300.

I have not uninstalled the module prior and I've just posted a blank post, in case the Cleanup option shows after inserting the first post.

Is there anything else I should be checking?

Hi,

Where exactly are you looking for it? You should see it in ProcessBlog, i.e. click on 'Blog' in the Admin menu and you should see it in the page that is loaded.

Thanks for using Blog!

This is the page I see when I click the Blog? 

Is this page the "Cleanup Utility" you are referring to?
Or is there a link I don't have access to and I'm blindly not seeing?

(I have worked far too many hours last few weeks)

http://imgur.com/bZThg9e

:) ....Not sure how to answer this :-)....The answer is right there in front of you....you haven't finished installing the module. It is a two-step process. What you are seing there is step two (with very clear info :P ). Complete that (there is an install wizard button) and you'll see everything there is to see. Please read the accompanying README in its entirety to get the most of this module. A copy is here in github

Edited by kongondo

Hi Kongondo, 

I did actually finish the installation before trying to look for the "Cleanup Utility".

I believe this is the correct state it should be in after installation (I chose option 1)?

http://imgur.com/vio6QmQ

I think the documentation was leading me astray as it was referring to  "Cleanup Utility", "Cleanup Feature" and "Blog menu item called CleanUp", but there was no clear titles or labels that that actually included the word Cleanup in the pages I saw.

I guess it wasn't clear to me that the first initialisation page also doubled up as the cleanup utility that was referred to multiple times.

I think where it got me confused was after reading "Blog Menu Item called Cleanup".

So I see a menu item on called Blog on the admin screen.

And I was expecting to see a menu item called Cleanup as a submenu item like other different Admin menu items normally have.

Except it wasn't there as expected.

I did read the README multiple times to Cleanup the confusion I was having (pun intended)  and even searched for the word Cleanup on both wizard pages.

Imagine my distraught state when I couldn't do either  :P

Thanks for the prompt reply and building the extension. Can't wait to use it!

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for the feedback. I will look into the wording of the instructions. The first initialisation page is not the cleanup utility if by that you mean the first step of the install. Nor is the second step of the install the cleanup utility.. The cleanup feature is accessed via a sub-menu within the Blog itself (the Process Module)...

The first initialisation page is not the cleanup utility if by that you mean the first step of the install. Nor is the second step of the install the cleanup utility.. The cleanup feature is accessed via a sub-menu within the Blog itself (the Process Module)...

If that's the case, then there must be a bug with the installation as I don't see a Cleanup sub-menu on either the Blog itself or the Admin module

You will only see it if you are logged in as a superuser, something similar to below. No bug related to this has been reported before. If you are logged in as a superuser and you can't see it, then something went wrong with your installation and its best that you start afresh.

post-894-0-19566500-1444512224_thumb.png

• Like 1

If Superuser == Admin user, then yes perhaps something went wrong during the installation.

I had a check at the logs (Modules) and couldn't see any indicator that the installation had gone wrong.

When I get a chance to do a fresh install, I will try again from scratch and let you know.

Are you aware of any clashes with other modules, besides the the Blog Module?

I'm not aware of any clashes. What do you mean by the Blog Module? This is the Blog Module  :lol:. You probably mean the Blog Profile by Ryan? I know it appears in the modules directory so that can be confusing. 

Let us know how it goes.

I'm not aware of any clashes. What do you mean by the Blog Module? This is the Blog Module  :lol:. You probably mean the Blog Profile by Ryan? I know it appears in the modules directory so that can be confusing. 

Let us know how it goes.

I've just tried to uninstall the modules, but because I don't have access to the Cleanup option I presume I can't uninstall the module.

Had a look at the docs, and it refers to the cleanup option ....  :huh: 

What's the best way to remove it manually?

You can still uninstall it but it will leave behind all the pages, fields and templates it had installed before, which then won't allow you to re-install Blog. I don't know how comfortable you are with PHP and PW but you could copy the cleanup utility code to your template file and run it from there. I can show you how to do it but before that:

1. Is this a dev install? i.e. not a production site.
  2. Is this on a local machine or on a remote server? I just can't figure out why you cannot see the cleanup Menu item.
  3. Did you alter the module code in any way?
  4. Can you confirm you are logged in as a superuser (the main admin person)?
  5. Can you show me a screenshot of what you see when you go to /yoursite /admin/blog/? admin here is whatever you called your PW admin, normally processwire.
  6. Have you tried updating the Blog modules (just overwritting the files) to see if cleanup menu item will appear?