Sipho

Get template's allowed templates for children from API

15 posts in this topic

I wish to access a template's allowed templates for it's children from the API. This one:

Capture.thumb.PNG.33eea507a44f413ed558867587d7d4da.PNG

I am pretty sure this is possible, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in the documentation. If this is not possible, is there some way of assigning properties to templates? So like fields that already have a value on all pages using that template.

@tpr Yep that's worked. It returns the ids in an array. How did you find that out? I couldn't see it anywhere in the documentation.

I needed this when one of my modules installed a few templates, I digged into the core as I remember.

@tpr Ah, I found it in the database. I will keep that in mind when I want to know another property. But why isn't stuff like this documented? Is there any way people can contribute to the documentation?

Oh my goodness that page is so obvious. I don't know how I missed it. Sorry for wasting your time!

Another trick as mentioned by @Robin S somewhere I now can't find...Hover your mouse over the field's collapse/uncollapse arrow...the name of the  input usually matches the API...;)

api-from-field-name.thumb.png.9ed822149ba27fb66eca1e45b4b830c2.png

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, Sipho said:

For some reason I can't get that to show up. When I hover my mouse over it it just says "Toggle open/close".

Hmm. What version of PW? It shows for me in 2.7 and 3.0.62.

Not sure but I seem to recall reading that either debug mode or advanced mode triggered the field name display when hovering.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By didhavn
      Hey everbody.

I wanted to share something I have been working for quite some time, in total currently three premium Templates or Site-Profiles for ProcessWire 3 including a onepage template, a blog template and a blog+sidebar template.

Here are some Quick Facts:
      Fully responsive Multilanguage support Full SEO support Optional Google Analytics Easily create new pages out of multiple predefined sections Lazyload the sections of a page [Group and update website-information into blogs] (blog, blog+sidebar) [Use tags to tag and group blog entries] (blog, blog+sidebar) [User-comments] (blog, blog+sidebar) [Create each page with or without sidebar] (blog+sidebar) Website-wide search by text or tags Password protect each page individually with sophisticated page-encryption with dummy texts and pixelated images
      Just go to https://pwtemplates.de to test the demos (e.g. blog-sidebar) and purchase them for a small expense allowance.

Hope you like it!
    • By Mirza
      Hi All,
      I have created a script which will create the pages and it should be unpublished.
      I have added the status as unpublished by default while first time saving the page as below.
      $hotelPage->hotel_website = $hotel['hotelWebsite']; // By default page created will be unpublished state $hotelPage->addStatus(Page::statusUnpublished); $hotelPage->save(); $hotelPage->setOutputFormatting(false); // Add hotel images only after setting output formatting to false $hotelPage->images->add($hotel['hotelImage']); $hotelPage->save(); On the same time, saving the hotel image as well and triggering the save method.
      But when I see the created page in the tree, Its shows unpublished but publish_date is not empty(date will be present as created, modified and published are all same)
      Now I don't understand why the date is getting filled into the publish field for a page?
      Please let me know if am doing something wrong.
    • By benbyf
      Hello,
      Does anyone know whether the is a place detailing the structure your admin theme should take when creating one? e.g. I see UiKit, Reno and Default admin themes all have default.php, init.php, controller.php files, is this a stylisitic choice or a prerequisite for any admin theme module?
      Thanks!
    • By csaba
      Hello,
      Pleased to meet you,my name is Csaba and I'm from Hungary.
      I've just installed processwire to more places.
      I created new parent and children pages.
      The children page links are not displayed on the right side of the parent pages.
      The sample About page is ok, Child page example 1 and Child page example 2 links are visible and live.
      But my child pages are not displayed on the parent pages.
      Please help!

• By bmacnaughton
      I am using the translation function (either $this->_() or __()) within a module that responds to AJAX API calls - there isn't really a page that is being served.
      When I supply a string with an apostrophe, e.g.,
      __('Book \'em danno') It is formatted as
      Book 'em danno  
      Is there some way to prevent output formatting when retrieving strings using the translation functions?