Michael Steinmann

Question about comparing Pagefields of a Page and sorting them

Hello everyone,

i guess my php knowledge is not good enough to find a solution for the following problem:

I'm building a website where i have projects. Each project has tags like "webdesign, responsive, cms, print, flyer" etc. At the end of a project i want to recommend other projects, which have similar tags. I want to limit the recommendations to three other projects sorted by the hightest amount of same tags.

This is how far i got:

I'm using

<?php $interessantes = $pages->find("tags=$page->tags, id!=$page->id"); ?>

to find other projects with the same tags, excluding the page i'm already on.

Then i'm using three foreach-functions to go through the projects i found, the tags they have and compare them with the tags of the project i'm looking at. If i have two identical tags, i count up a variable.

<?php

// Projects i have found
foreach($interessantes as $interessant):

$i = 0;

// Tags of the projects i have found
	foreach($interessant->tags as $tag):

// Tags of the project i'm looking at
		foreach($page->tags as $tagreferenz):

if($tag == $tagreferenz):

$i++;

endif;

endforeach;

endforeach;

endforeach; 

?>

You can see what it looks like in the screenshot with a bit of HTML. I marked the tags of the current project green and the identical tags of other projects red with the amount of hits below. So in this example i would want to have three projects with three similar tags and get rid of those with only two and one.

59638598b25e1_Bildschirmfoto2017-07-10um15_28_35.thumb.png.e4da7ff689bac07de52411559deaf8a1.png

I guess i have to put my pages into an array (with the number of hits?), sort them and echo them with "limit=3"? Unfortunately i have no idea how to do this. You probably have an even better/shorter solution. Links to other topics are welcome to and i'll try to get my head around it.

If you need further explanation, i'll try my best.

Best regards

@Soma wrote about his solution related to your problem, take a look:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sérgio Jardim said:

@Soma wrote about his solution related to your problem, take a look:

Thank you @Sérgio Jardim

I will have a look at it and try to get it to work. At least it sounds exactly like what i was trying to do.

I will respond if i am successful. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pip
      Hi everyone, 
      Is there a way for us to replicate the "http://mydomain.com/processwire/page/edit/?id=xxx" and change the template to match my site template? 
      I'm terribly happy with the admin / backend page edit. It covers literaly everything I want to empower my non super admin user in updating pages such as validation, repeater management, file upload. 
      I wish not to allow the users to see the backend for both security and aesthetic reasons. 
      Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. 

• By snck
      Hi there,
      I have a problem constructing a selector that finds all pages that refer to pages with a specific template.
      I have pages using an event template and I want to show events based on a specific context. In this example I want to filter the results and only show event pages that relate to a specific template (exhibitions) in their page field related_pages.
      What I tried:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages.template.name=exhibition"); Unfortunately it does not work (0 results).
      Same with this:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages=[template.name=exhibition]"); At the moment I am helping myself with the following lines, but I have a strong feeling that there is a more efficient solution:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event"); foreach($events as $event){ if(!count($event->related_pages->find("template=exhibition"))){ $events->remove($event); } }  
      I really hope that one of you can help me out.
      Thanks in advance!
      Flo
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello dear PW gurus.

I have stumbled over a strange error that i all of sudden got when trying to upload an image to a images field on a page.
      There where images allready stored in the field that i wanted to keep, but during the upload the error apear and after that all images are gone from the field and i can´t upload any, i just get the error every time.
      I am running ProcessWire 3.0.153 dev.
      Update:
      After looking in the assets folder i find the folder for the page and the image files seems to be there including the ones i tried to upload when the error occured.
      But they don´t show up in the images field in the page editor.

The error reported:

SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1 And here is a screenshot of the event:

The TracyDebugger Error reporting:

I hope you fine folks could point me in a direction.
      But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

Regards, EyeDentify
    • By Spyros
      Hello
      I'm having a strange issue with the $page->find(), for some reason I'm missing some of the pages from the results. I found then that I was missing all the pages with the same "PAGE NAME". Is it a bug or am I missing something?
      PS 
      If I change the "PAGE NAME" of one of the missing ones then I'm retrieving the page without any problem.
      Thank you
    • By benbyf
      Hi, Looking to create form elements on a page–some input with a colection of form inputs and the appropriate labels and variables for that input. I've used ProForms in the past and rolled out my own when creating simply one off forms, but I wonder if anyone has found a good way of allowing form creation on page editing so that clients can adhocly make and edit forms?
      Thanks