kongondo

Variations: Pro Module for (Product) Variations & Attributes

Variations

Released 29 May 2017

Variations is a simple yet powerful commercial ProcessWire module that allows website editors to create attributes and their values and from those generate variations of any entity, most notably products.

The module consists of  FieldtypeVariations and InputfieldVariations as well as a ProcessVariations for managing variations configurations and attributes.

Setting up the field is quite easy.

First, create a field of type Variations. Define some custom inputs that will need to be directly edited on the page containing the field, for instance a product price, SKU, etc.

Secondly, via the Inputfield, create a couple of attributes.

Thirdly, create a variations configuration and add the attributes and values you want in the configuration. Link that variations configuration to your page and the module will automatically generate all possible combinations (variations) of the attribute values in that configuration. These, together with the custom inputs you created when setting up the field will be displayed on the page (e.g. a product page), ready for editing. This makes this module quite unique; variations are defined at the page-level rather than at the field level. This presents lots of possibilities such as infinitely reusable attributes and variations configurations. 

For those using Padloper, integration with the e-commerce platform is quite simple as demonstrated in this tutorial. 

The module consists of 4 modules

1. ProcessVariations
  2. FieldtypeVariations
  3. InputfieldVariations
  4. VariationsCustomTableManager (autoload module, working behind the scenes)

Video Demohttps://youtu.be/T93nn96UL8o

Documentationhttps://variations.kongondo.com/

Shophttps://processwireshop.pw/plugins/variations/

Requires: ProcessWire 2.5 or newer

Features

• Easily create variations of anything, including products for e-commerce websites, etc
  • Create an attribute once, use it everywhere, multiple times, picking and choosing all or only the attribute values you want
  • Bulk editing of variations configurations and attributes
  • Reusable variations configurations
  • Works with Padloper out-of-the-box with minimal coding
  • User-friendly, intuitive and easy to set up
  • Like 12

This sounds very interesting. Is it possible to use Variations for downloadable products?

I’m bulding a small webshop with Padloper where i will have around 500 products, each with a lot of variations. These are digital products for download. Setting up the variations with PageTable is quite a mess. That’s why i’m considering using Variations for that. 

@kongondo in this post you mentioned:

Please note that, in respect of these subfields, there are no plans to include anything as near exhaustive as what Table does. Meaning, these will likely be limited to TEXT, INT, FLOAT, etc fields, but not complicated Fieldtypes such as Page fields, Repeaters, etc.

Does that mean that the download field can not be included?

Thanks,
Jan

On 2017-6-15 at 7:46 PM, Jan Fromm said:

I’m bulding a small webshop with Padloper where i will have around 500 products, each with a lot of variations. These are digital products for download. Setting up the variations with PageTable is quite a mess. That’s why i’m considering using Variations for that. 

@kongondo in this post you mentioned:

Thanks,
Jan

Any word on this @kongondo

On 2017-6-15 at 7:46 PM, Jan Fromm said:

Hi @Jan Fromm and @oma, Sorry I have been away. I'll have to look into Padloper and get back to you.

Thanks

On 15/06/2017 at 7:46 PM, Jan Fromm said:

Sorry did not get back to you earlier Jan. It seems as well that I misunderstood your question. Please clarify. Are you looking to have a dropdown select or asmSelect or similar for each variation from which you can select and specify a download or downloads for that variation? How are you defining your digital downloads? Is each download a ProcessWire page or are they physical files stored on the server?

Renewals and Resend Links

Hi,

Renewal and resend links pages for Variations have been added. Use renewals if you wish to renew a Variations order whose subscription has expired (1 year). Resend are for orders that are yet to expire. Use this if you can't find or didn't get the confirmation email sent after your purchase.

• Like 1

Hi all. 

I am intending to ONLY support ProcessWire 3.x starting from the next version of this module. Please have a read here and let me know what you think. Thanks.