ProcessWire Dev Branch

ryan

* __("Languages");   // add
 * __("Users");       // add
 * __("Roles");       // add
 * __("Permissions"); // add

Those above are actually translated with the individual modules (ProcessUser, ProcessRole, ProcessPermission), though looks like I didn't yet it have it translatable for ProcessLanguage. Though there's no harm in having them translatable there too, but just not sure it's necessary. 

retested this. But the title translation from modules doesn't show up in the breadcrumb or heading (without placing this in the default.php)

post-1027-0-29565400-1379252826_thumb.jp

I am used to simpy updating the /wire/ folder and maybe index.php so please excuse me, if I missed an update process here. I just tried 2.3.4 and got this:

[Mon Sep 16 13:24:24 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'You cannot serialize or unserialize PDO instances' in [no active file]:0\nStack trace:\n#0 [internal function]: PDO->__sleep()\n#1 {main}\n  thrown in [no active file] on line 0, referer: http://productspecial/ps-admin/

Thanks,

thomas

Hello there!

I'm using the latest dev branch on local environment. PHP 5.4.10. Moving pages in the tree seems to be somewhat broken. I'm not sure if this problem is only related to the latest dev branch.

I have set up a simple category->product tree like this:

Category 1

-- Product 1

-- Product 2

-- Product 3

Category 2

-- Product 4

-- Product 5

If I try to move product from category 1 to category 2, the product will get moved, but the loading arrow (?) after the moved page name keeps blinking and the site tree stays frozen. 

When I move product within the same category, only changing it's position in it's category, everything works fine.

@Ryan: please, can we have pageimage::isVariation() hookable?

No problem–it is now hookable on the dev branch.

retested this. But the title translation from modules doesn't show up in the breadcrumb or heading (without placing this in the default.php)

Ok, I think I understand now (It's using the page title rather than the module title). These are translatable by making the title field multi-language. But it'd be better to just bundle them in with the language pack since they are core modules, so we can add this to the default.php template, no problem. I'll add that. 

I am used to simpy updating the /wire/ folder and maybe index.php so please excuse me, if I missed an update process here. I just tried 2.3.4 and got this:

I have no idea what this could be. We don't serialize any objects with sleep/wakeup. It sounds like there must be some other code doing this, but who knows where. I would look at your 3rd party modules and any other code you might be including in your site. Also, double check that you entirely replaced your /wire/ directory when updating (removing or renaming old /wire/, and creating new one). 

I'm using the latest dev branch on local environment. PHP 5.4.10. Moving pages in the tree seems to be somewhat broken. I'm not sure if this problem is only related to the latest dev branch.

I've not been able to duplicate this one. But what you are describing points to a JS error occurring. Open up your JS console and check for errors. If you don't see any, go to the "network" tab and click on the page list ajax request. In the "response" you'll probably see some error message above the JSON code for the response. You get an endless loading arrow because the response isn't valid JSON, but looking at the response should quickly answer what the problem is. 

• Like 2

I guess a stable release will be soon.

I hope so too. :) But I've got a big GitHub issues list to work through, and a few more new things to polish off, so it may be awhile yet. But rather than waiting, I'd encourage folks to use the dev branch. Though I'm wondering if we might benefit from having another "beta" branch, which would be a variation of the dev branch intended more for official presentation and download links, etc. 

• Like 4

A couple small updates today to InputfieldImage and InputfieldFile, on the dev branch. 

You can now double-click the trash icon associated with a file/image, and it will select (or unselect) all files/images for deletion. 

post-2-0-62258700-1380829874_thumb.png

The image inputfield now has a grid-view option. To switch to it, click the grid icon seen in the upper right corner of the field. This mode makes it more convenient to sort lots of images. Below are screenshots of the regular view and the grid view. You can toggle between them just by clicking the icon. 

post-2-0-47648900-1380829984_thumb.png post-2-0-17898500-1380829993_thumb.png

While these screenshots use the development admin theme, this all works in the regular/old admin theme as well (and 3rd party admin themes I'm assuming too). 

Another update to mention is something sort of like the HelperFieldLinks module, but not quite as comprehensive. This works only in the development admin theme. If you hover the little down pointing angle on the far right of the Inputfield, it will append the field's name to the label. This is helpful for instantly telling what the field's name is from the API side. In this screenshot the "agent_files" part you see in the label appears only when that icon on the right is hovered. 

post-2-0-58353700-1380830188_thumb.png

• Like 7

Just installed and I love it. But i'm afraid editors won't set description if the images are set to the nice grid view. 

The grid view is primarily for sorting or seeing it all at a glance. It's not a great view for entering content. This is not meant to replace the existing list view, just provide an alternate that you can toggle when it suits your need. 

In my case, a client needed the ability to sort large groups of photos more easily, so I made the grid view primarily for that reason. 

I love the work done on the themes Ryan. Will it be possible to set a preference for image fields as to whether we get a list or grid view?

Currently it starts out in list view but provides the little icon at the top that lets you switch to grid view. I'm not sure it'd be good to start in grid view just because you can't delete or enter description/tags... though you can upload. I've not tried it yet, but I'm also assuming that the grid view would hide any options for the Thumbnails/CropImage module as well. But if there's demand for starting out in grid view, I'm open to adding the option. It's just that the grid view is fairly targeted towards sorting rather than general management. Down the road, we may be able to add more options to the grid view too. 

Just noticed this error when viewing the page tree with today's dev version:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /wire/core/Template.php on line 540

Thanks, it looks like that could happen if there is a leftover parent template ID for a template that has been deleted. I've added a check for this so it'll appear on dev later today. 

• Like 1

Hi!

These two small "bugs" have been around for quite a long time. Tested with the latest dev branch.

1. In a template view, add some fields to the template and set widths for them. Duplicate template, the widths will not be copied to the new template.
  2. Switching admin language in the user profile view does not work. When you save the profile, the language will bounce back to the default language. However, changing language from Access -> Users works as expected.

in dev branch, my page list select (using asmselect) stopped working when using custom selector:

has_parent=/settings/class-types/, template=option-generic

i had to change from the custom selector to a PHP selector

return $pages->find("has_parent=/settings/class-types/, template=option-generic");

in summary, i have a page field, which was using a custom selector to find the pages; it stopped working after i updated to dev branch;

it works only when using the PHP selector...

not sure why the PHP selector works, and not the custom selector...

Switching admin language in the user profile view does not work. When you save the profile, the language will bounce back to the default language. However, changing language from Access -> Users works as expected.

Thanks, I have fixed that in the latest commit to dev. 

In a template view, add some fields to the template and set widths for them. Duplicate template, the widths will not be copied to the new template.

Not a bug per se, as the template context settings don't currently accompany the clone. But maybe they should.

ICON titleyear

Thanks, this one is also fixed in today's commits (though not sure that one is yet up on GitHub, but it will be shortly). 

not sure why the PHP selector works, and not the custom selector...

Most likely because PW doesn't validate the selections when PHP code is used to find selectable pages. It does validate them when using a regular selector string, and this validation was implemented recently on the dev branch. The "has_parent" is a database-specific selector option, while our validation is done in memory (not by the database) so this is most likely why it's failing there. I think the solution is for me to add "has_parent" as one supported by our in-memory selectors. This should be as simple as just adding has_parent as a property recognized by the Page class (which would return the result of $page->parents). If you have a moment, can you try out the attached /wire/core/Page.php replacement to see if that fixes it? Page.php

• Like 1

Installed 2.3.5 and using the multi-site : OPTION #1: MULTIPLE SITES WITH MULTIPLE DATABASES

had the same settings with 2.3.0, same sever PHP and MySql versions but 2.3.5 version opens the index.html on the server's root not the index.php on the site-mydomain.com Not sure if anyone tried this or if I'am doing something wrong. I Will do some more tests to see if I have something wrong on the index-config.php or .htaccess files.

... had the same settings with 2.3.0, same sever PHP and MySql versions ...

you also should check apache / htaccess, especially:

<IfModule dir_module>
    DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm
</IfModule>
  • Like 1

That was one of the reasons it wasn't working. I was testing it before and removed a re-arranged files, folders, It's working now.
Will also follow Ryan's advice and test two prior versions and keep the latest on a temp-wire folder.

Thank you horst!

The "has_parent" is a database-specific selector option, while our validation is done in memory (not by the database) so this is most likely why it's failing there.

thanks Ryan - didn't see your reply but i'll test today or tomorrow with the file you posted

I would say that lots of us are running the dev version for production websites. Key thing is to check that all the functionality you need is working fine, especially any multi-language features as there have been some recent changes there. If it all works as expected, go for it :)

• Like 2

I tried to upgrade from 2.3.0 stable to the latest dev version, but got this error msg:

Error:
Exception: Required PDO class (database) not found - please add PDO support to your PHP. (in /home/foo/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 106)

PHP 5.3.22, PDO enabled (double-checked in phpinfo() and my hoster)

I have only overwritten the wire-folder. When I was updating 2.3.0. to 2.3.2 it worked nicely. Do I have to install it as a completely new PW site, in order to use the latest functions (especially field dependencies) ?

I believe you need to replace not overwrite the /wire directory

Replacing the /wire/ directory

When you replace the /wire/ directory, make sure that you remove or
rename the old one first. If you just copy or FTP changed files into
the existing /wire/ directory, you will end up with both old and new
files, which will cause an error.

Note that the /wire/ directory does not contain any files specific to
your site, only to ProcessWire. All the files specific to your site
are stored in /site/ and you would leave that directory alone during
an upgrade.

• Like 1