AdminThemeReno Disappeared

Macrura

Hi,

the AdminThemeReno has mysteriously disappeared from the admin. it is in the wire modules, and the database modules table, but absent from the modules listing.. it has basically vanished; I tried updating to the latest dev to see if that would fix it.

The problem seems to have started when i went into Modules Manager and the version was older so there was a json error; then right after reloading the page, the theme flipped back to the regular theme, and then the reno disappeared..; i'm not completely sure if modules manager was the source of the issue;

I'm guessing some database corruption? not sure where to start troubleshooting this, but would really appreciate any help or advice.

What do most people do when you hit a 'dead-end' issue like this? Is there some way to check the database for some misconfiguration?

Should i delete the modules entry in the DB?

not sure if this is related, but if i uninstall the default theme, i get this error:

Modules: Module 'AdminThemeReno' dependency not fulfilled for: AdminThemeDefault

and also if i try to place the default admin theme module into the /site/modules/ then i flip back to the legacy admin, and there is an error asking which one, but if you click on that and go to the module settings, there actually isn't any option to specify which folder to use; it ends up using the site version..

also getting strange errors...

[14-Feb-2015 19:46:11 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Trying to get property of non-object in /home/someuser/dev/site/modules/ModulesManager/ModulesManager.module on line 820
[14-Feb-2015 19:46:32 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 0 in /home/someuser/dev/site/modules/ProcessDiagnostics/DiagnoseModules.module on line 43
[14-Feb-2015 20:12:27 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: AdminThemeDefault in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 284
[14-Feb-2015 20:12:27 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: AdminThemeDefault in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 287
[14-Feb-2015 20:12:27 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: flags in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 287
[14-Feb-2015 20:14:48 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: AdminThemeDefault in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 284
[14-Feb-2015 20:14:48 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: AdminThemeDefault in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 287
[14-Feb-2015 20:14:48 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: flags in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 287
[14-Feb-2015 20:15:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: AdminThemeDefault in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 284
[14-Feb-2015 20:15:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: AdminThemeDefault in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 287
[14-Feb-2015 20:15:12 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: flags in /home/someuser/dev/wire/core/ModulesDuplicates.php on line 287

thanks!

I was able to get Reno back, i had to go to the database of another installation and look at the caches table, then i matched the id to the id of the module in the modules table, and added these to the end of the json strings in modules verbose and modules info; then the module showed up and i was able to switch to it... hopefully that's solves this, but if anything changes i'll report back..

,"202":{"summary":"Admin theme for ProcessWire 2.5 by Tom Reno (Renobird)","author":"Tom Reno (Renobird)","file":"\/home\/useracct\/dev\/wire\/modules\/AdminTheme\/AdminThemeReno\/AdminThemeReno.module","core":true,"configurable":true,"versionStr":"0.1.2"}

,"202":{"name":"AdminThemeReno","title":"Reno","version":12,"icon":"","requires":["AdminThemeDefault"],"requiresVersions":{"AdminThemeDefault":[">=",0]},"installs":[],"permission":"","permissions":[],"autoload":"template=admin","singular":false,"created":1411910134,"installed":true}
  • Like 1

I had a similar problem yesterday with one of my modules (Pages2Pdf).

Suddenly the module was no longer listed and also not installed. I'm using the module in a template and this was resulting in a fatal error, because there was no object returned by ProcessWire. I'm not sure what caused the problem, I was installing some new modules before.

Things I tried:

• Clear modules cache via admin
  • Clear modules cache manually

None of this did help. The module was still in modules table in the database. After deleting it there, it appeard again in the admin and I did a "fresh" install.

• Like 1

The module was still in modules table in the database. After deleting it there, it appeard again in the admin and I did a "fresh" install.

@wanze, wow - thought i was going crazy! Thanks for the report... yeah, i was being paranoid and didn't want to delete any records... :frantics:

@nico, i believe that Wanze's solution would be the 'best' answer as it requires way less work.

** however this should be considered a bug, now that another user has confirmed it, and i can't see the average user wanting to go fiddle around with the database..

So this topic needs to be unmarked solved.. :unsure:

Also, can you change this topic to the bug report forum?

Thanks!

• Like 2

happened again, after installing a new module via upload (a lister pro action);

AdminThemeReno wiped out of the system, and defaulted to legacy...

will try Wanze's solution of deleting the module record from the database.

ProcessWire 2.5.19 dev

MySQL

5.5.40-36.1-log

PHP

Version     5.3.29
Handler     CGI/FastCGI
Max Memory     128M
Max execution time     60
Maximum input time     60
Upload Max Filesize     128M   
Post Max Size     128M 
Max Input Vars     1000    
Max Input Nesting Level  64 

• 2 weeks later...

I should also update this to say that this is still happening 1-2 times per week on various installs, all on the same host, but totally different sites with different modules, fields, etc..;

this only happens when installing modules, and happens on both php 5.3 and 5.4.

I see that the github thread has some activity, but for anyone else out there in the wild for whom this is happening to, this thread may be more accessible to keep alive until it is resolved, or the cause of the issue discovered.

Just happened to me when I opened the Admin in a new browser.

Normally it resets randomly when installing modules.

Interestingly, uninstalling Reno via Modules and reinstalling has no effect. :-/

Scrap that. The other browser had opened a test server.

Edited by Peter Knight

I was working with someone yesterday on a site and this happened again – this is on a totally different environment than mine (GoDaddy hosting), and using the latest dev.

Right after installing a module with modules manager, the whole site flipped back to the pre-module admin;

we had to go into the user account and reselect the default theme to get back the core admin module theme;

the issue happens either way, being set in config or per user; 

i had to remove the config setting for now, until it gets resolved...

definitely a strange issue and that it only seems to blow out the adminthemereno module; though Wanze reported it happening with another module..

• Like 1

yeah, it's weird because it happens randomly and doesn't leave any error log;

once it happens the module no longer appears in the modules list until it is deleted from the database.

it also is absent from the cache entries; the issue can be fixed by either deleting the database entry of the module, or adding the entry to the json in the cache;

so therein seems to lie the issue, the module is apparently installed to some part of the system (it is in the table), but not in the caches and therefore this conflict causes it to be unavailable as a theme module, so defaults to the backup old admin theme;

• 1 year later...

Failed to switch to Reno. After installation - no any changes, the same default theme. Uninstalled/cleared cache/reinstalled - same(=no) result.

PW 2.7 PHP 5.5

EDIT: Well, it works. Occasionally found that theme should be set in user settings. I'd suggest to drop few words about user settings in module config.