* LinkedIn
* Thumblr
* Reddit (off by default)
* Pinterest (off by default)

Usage examples

echo $modules->MarkupSocialShareButtons->render();

This outputs a simple UL list with links

<ul class='MarkupSocialShareButtons cf'>
  <li class='mssb-item mssb-facebook mssb-popup'><a href='url'><i>facebook</i></a></li>
  etc ...
</ul>

Config Screen

post-100-0-26660100-1416777905_thumb.png

See more details and examples on github or modules directory

https://github.com/somatonic/MarkupSocialShareButtons

http://mods.pw/8j

• Like 16

@sinnut, yeah that's the purpose of why I made the module public. Donations welcome ;)

• Like 1

Nice!

I just did all this (build SN links) manually with a new site last week...

Look forward to checking this module out...

• Like 1

Thanks for this Soma. For some reason apart from the 'email', all the other social shares are hidden. The <ul><li> is output but the inner <a> and <i> are hidden, e.g. <i class="icon-twitter">twitter</i> is hidden (CSS). 'Twitter', 'facebook', etc are not shown. Same thing happens if I use icons. The <svg> are hidden. What am I missing?

There's nothing in my module that makes them hidden, so it must be your CSS? E-mail has no "popup" class for example. Can you verify?

I am testing on a template with hardly any CSS at all. For good measure, I even deleted the CSS with the same results. Below is my output. See the greyed out output for the Social Shares below after email. Yes, email has no 'popup' class.

post-894-0-79517300-1416589913_thumb.png

Edited by kongondo

I'm not seeing anything here. Well I'm innocent and it doesn't make sense as there is nothing. Have you installed ad blocker or any plugins ? What browser? 

• Like 1

Sorry for wasting your time!!! Triple facepalm!!!! :-[  -_-  :ph34r:  :blink: Agghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Bitten once again!!!! I am going to hide under a rock and will not come out soon. ABP - guilty again! :biggrin:

Your module works a treat! See example below, working together with Blog Module. Will post example code later in Blog thread...Thanks!

post-894-0-34243700-1416591180_thumb.png

• Like 2

No problem. I was waiting for your facepalm post :P

Looks nice!

• Like 1

That's great and will surely become handy soon.

May i suggest namespacing the css classes? Item, Facebook or Twitter are classnames that are potentially already beeing used across several frameworks and applications.

• Like 2

Sorry for wasting your time!!! Triple facepalm!!!! :-[  -_-  :ph34r:  :blink: Agghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Bitten once again!!!! I am going to hide under a rock and will not come out soon. ABP - guilty again! :biggrin:

That's why I use a different browser for dev than for web browsing :)

• Like 2

Actually I have no AB anymore since 1-2 years.

That's great and will surely become handy soon.
May i suggest namespacing the css classes? Item, Facebook or Twitter are classnames that are potentially already beeing used across several frameworks and applications.

What framework? :P

Yeah it's only half namespaced, I was about to add it but thought hmm it's so nice and short! :) The UL has the module class name, i'll add them to all classes or make it a var so it could be configured in case.

I completely rewrote the module kinda. 

New version just committed earlier:

See readme here for more infos:

https://github.com/somatonic/MarkupSocialShareButtons

There comes now a GUI in the module config screen to select themes (with live preview), and configure all options like links and url params.

Theming has changed a little to make things easier, and the bundled themes use PNG icons instead of SVG.

Edit: updated first post too.

• Like 4

Just when you think you got it you see something you forgot. :)

I just commited a few corrections to descriptions and fixes and missing stuff, minor. If you already got it the moment before you may update.

Sorry for writting this without actually downloading and trying out your module, but does it allow to add other (custom) social services?

• Like 1

Sorry for writting this without actually downloading and trying out your module, but does it allow to add other (custom) social services?

Did you read somewhere that it's possible? No it's not, but feel free to make suggestions what to add. There's already all available social media icons included so only a matter of adding them. https://github.com/somatonic/MarkupSocialShareButtons/tree/master/themes/black/png

I am talking about social share buttons specific to country. There are a few of them in Russia. And it so happened they are not on the list of availiable icons )) I do not know if they are going to be important to someone outside Russia so would not suggest them.

As it is your module, I just thought that this could be possible it already has interface for extension.

Just committed little update

- some minor fixes and improvements

- added config for what fields module searched on {title} and {text} placeholder fields

- added placeholder field „media“ => pinterest

- added services tumblr, reddit (off by default) and pinterest (off by default) 

- updated themes with {themeUrl}

- updated readme

• Like 8

Hi Soma, 

found a little syntax error

MarkupSocialShareButtons.js

$(function(){

$('[name=theme]').on("change", function(){

});
}

I think there are two missing characters?

); 

Fixed file

$(function(){
    $('[name=theme]').on("change", function(){

});
});

Thanks. But this script isn't used, so it's kinda leftover.

• Like 1

Soma, I just got around to using this module, and it's great!

It makes setting all these up SO much easier.

Thanks man.  ^-^

• Like 1

Thanks from me as well.

These lines in my template file plus adding alt to the img tags in the theme made my good friend the W3C validator happy.

$options = array('title' => str_replace(' ', '%20', html_entity_decode($page->headline)));
$soc = str_replace('&', '&', $modules->MarkupSocialShareButtons->render($options));
  • Like 3

Hi Soma !!

Very nice module... help me a lot !

I'm trying to create my own theme (color) and when I call : 

$content .= $modules->MarkupSocialShareButtons->setTheme("css/color")->render();

I got 

Error: Exception: Method MarkupSocialShareButtons::setTheme does not exist or is not callable in this context (in D:\xampp\htdocs\PWGriffConvites\wire\core\Wire.php line 326)

#0 D:\xampp\htdocs\PWGriffConvites\site\templates\convite.php(34): Wire->__call('setTheme', Array)
#1 D:\xampp\htdocs\PWGriffConvites\site\templates\convite.php(34): MarkupSocialShareButtons->setTheme('css/color')

css/color are folders, and inside color folder I have theme.php and png folder also.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thank you !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now