online to local migration

danielholanda

I did a big beginner mistake. I've deleted MAMP PRO to use XAMPP and in the process of the uninstalation of MAMP PRO I deleted all my databases... Fortunately my projects are already live so I have a working copy on the FTP of my client. I would like to have all this data as it is online so it works local on my computer. This is working with a processwire CMS, the url is http://www.fem-k.com/ if in need...

Please let me know how to solve this problem so I can go on playing with processwire on my computer.

Thank you very much!!!

When importing it into XAMPP, remember to first create a database within phpMyAdmin to import it into. Select that database then select import from the menu and do your thing. Otherwise, you will get an error message that database not selected or something to that effect. You also will want to create a database with the same collation as the one online.

When importing it into XAMPP, remember to first create a database within phpMyAdmin to import it into. Select that database then select import from the menu and do your thing. Otherwise, you will get an error message that database not selected or something to that effect. You also will want to create a database with the same collation as the one on online.

Thank you for the replies! What do you mean with "create with the same collation". I do not understand collation in this context.

You can set this when creating the new db. It's most likely 'utf8_general_ci'...

Also make sure that $config->userAuthSalt in /site/config.php has the same value as on your server.

But you're probably downloading your Pw files from the ftp anyway, so this won't be a problem.