The STRANGEST BUG I have ever seen!!!

benbyf

Hello, and welcome to what I though was either my client being silly and changing things, or some evil doer. Turns out its reproducible and therefore something in Proceswire (I checked my templates and modules but couldnt find anything that would be doing this...). So what is it doing? Check out the video for evidence.

A repeater field is interacting with a page template and another repeater field somehow to swap the fields in the template and repeater over...

I have a template called team, and a repeater field called team_repeater with label Team. Some how and for some reason, when I change my fields on repeater called main_menu_links my team template gets those fields and when I try and revert the team template fields to the fields it should have, they get given to the repeater main_menu_links. Also this to say HELP!!!!!

video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/exkdhc6n7x0xpsa/strange-repeater-PW-mega-bug.mov?dl=0

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, benbyf said:

Also this to say HELP!!!!!

You already know that you might have to backup and upgrade your site to the new master. Since this version (3.0.62) there have been a number of various fix including repeater. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, flydev ?? said:

You already know that you might have to backup and upgrade your site to the new master. Since this version (3.0.62) there have been a number of various fix including repeater. 

will give it a go, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally worked thanks @adrian, I guess I just don't expect things to go this bizarrely wrong. After updating I found my template with the same name as the repeater. I added the template again and now everything is fine...

• Like 3