NorbertH

Strange behavior exporting fields

I have trouble exporting fields via the buildin export. 

For example when i export a single field  i get:

{
    "bestellung_status_name": {
        "id": 194,
        "type": "FieldtypeText",
        "flags": 0,
        "name": "bestellung_status_name",
        "label": "Status Intern",
        "textformatters": [
            "TextformatterEntities"
        ],
        "collapsed": 0,
        "minlength": 0,
        "maxlength": 100,
        "showCount": 0,
        "size": 0,
        "pattern": "[a-z\\A-Z\\(\\)]+",
        "showIf": "",
        "themeInputSize": "",
        "themeInputWidth": "",
        "themeOffset": "",
        "themeBorder": "",
        "themeColor": "",
        "themeBlank": "",
        "columnWidth": 100,
        "required": "",
        "requiredAttr": "",
        "requiredIf": "",
        "stripTags": "",
        "placeholder": ""
    }
}

exporting a secon single field i get :

{
    "bestellung_status_name_ext": {
        "id": 195,
        "type": "FieldtypeText",
        "flags": 0,
        "name": "bestellung_status_name_ext",
        "label": "Status Extern",
        "textformatters": [
            "TextformatterEntities"
        ],
        "collapsed": 0,
        "minlength": 0,
        "maxlength": 100,
        "showCount": 0,
        "size": 0,
        "pattern": "[a-z\\A-Z\\(\\)]+",
        "showIf": "",
        "themeInputSize": "",
        "themeInputWidth": "",
        "themeOffset": "",
        "themeBorder": "",
        "themeColor": "",
        "themeBlank": "",
        "columnWidth": 100,
        "required": "",
        "requiredAttr": "",
        "requiredIf": "",
        "stripTags": "",
        "placeholder": ""
    }
}

So far everything works fine .

When i try to export both fields together  i get only an error message :

Call to a member function getModuleInfo() on null 
File: .../wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeText.module:171

I added " bd($textformatter);" on line 170 to see whats wrong. so have a look at the screenshot i apended to this post.

Its perfectly possible that one textformater module got removed by accident while experimenting whith some textformaters but my question is how to fix this maybe somewhere in the DB and possibly what went wrong?

ProcessWire 3.0.120 © 2019
Apache/2.4.25 (FreeBSD) OpenSSL/1.0.2k mod_fcgid/2.3.9
PHP 7.1.2

Screenshot (1).png

Edit: After adding

if ($textformatter ===NULL) continue;

I can export my fields , as there arent any Textformater missing in the fields , i get a perfect result. but still there is one textformater whith a NULL value.  

You could follow or show to us the full stack trace to see which Textformatter is being called.

Are they all set in the field option / details tab ? if yes, you might from there compare which one is missing ?

• Like 1

there is none missing in the fields ... is there a way to print out the full stacktrace ?

OR does i need to go for a very big screenshot ?

FeildtypeText.module  line 161 ff

if($this->allowTextFormatters()) {

$textformatters = $this->modules->find("className^=Textformatter");

if(count($textformatters)) {

$f = $this->modules->get('InputfieldAsmSelect');
                $f->setAttribute('name', 'textformatters');
                $f->label = $this->_('Text Formatters');

foreach($textformatters as $textformatter) {
                    bd($textformatter);
                    $info = $textformatter->getModuleInfo();
                    $f->addOption($textformatter->className(), "$info[title]");
                }

$f->setAttribute('value', is_array($field->textformatters) ? $field->textformatters : array());

$f->description = $this->_('If you want to apply any automatic formatting to the field when it is prepared for output, select one or more text formatters above. If you select more than one, drag them into the order they should be applied.');
                $f->notes = $this->_('For plain text fields that will not contain HTML or markup, we recommend selecting the **HTML Entity Encoder** option above.');

$inputfields->append($f);
            }
        }

As far as i understand this he fetches all  existing textformater modules for each field  and as you can see in the screenshot , the last one is NULL as you can see in the screenshot.

Ok here we go , made it black and white and indexed colors to get a smaller file .

Error_ Call to a me_ - https___test.futuresteam.de_futura_setup_field_export_.png

In the DB there seem to be no invalid entry.  All Textformater entries look ok , and there are no invalid entries

in the whole modules table. 

db_shot_textformaters.png

Have you tried:

bd($textformatter, $field->name);

so you can see which one at the end there is returning null? If you know the field affected, you might be able to check which textformatters are assigned to the field and find the problem that way.

• Like 2

PS - when you have found the field in question, check out the Field settings in the RequestInfo panel to see if there are any textformatters showing there that are null or empty or something.

image.png.8f147bfc85f6a7f287f1e23f252cb32d.png

• Like 2

Hi again, problem solved(hopefully)

using

bd($textformatter, $field->name);

I found that always after the second field  the last element of $textformatters contained a NULL Element. 

Checking the name of the textformater i found that this always hapened  to this formatter "TextformatterOnly0To9"

After taking a really close look i found that the classname differed from the filename:
"TextformatterOnly0To9"
"TextformatterOnly0to9"

Its only a upper/lower case difference and PHP (as far as i know) normally does not care about that in classnames.

Changing this back lets me reproduce the issue. Still one thing i don't understand is the fact that exporting one field works perfect, i can't get the point why only fetching $textformatters a second time leads to this issue. Btw. i did not experience any other issues whith that wrong named classname  the textformater did what he was expected to do....     

• Like 2