Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Brian Peat
Hello! I've got a single client on Processwire and it's completely foreign to me. I've been able to find most things, but they've asked for a custom designed page with a full width header image/section, and then a body block and a right side bar below the header. They're using a landing page template, so I duplicated that, figured out how to add it in the admin, and assigned it to the page. Nothing. It doesn't change a thing.
I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I've made sure all the fields are the same, I tried to set up the parent/child stuff though this page doesn't have a parent that I can tell (though it's under Landing Pages). If I can get the template to actually kick in, I think I can use a bit of code to check for the hero section and load it at the top. I also made a copy of the widget template and set that to load instead of the original. But again, since my main page template isn't kicking in, neither is the new widget template.
I'd just love some tips on what to check or change to get a landing page to actually render what's in the assigned page template.
Hopefully I've used the correct terminology here to make sense.
Is there a module or other solution to select a template with a preview image? Sometimes it is not that easy to describe a template.
e.g. Template with 3 columns (image, title, content, button) or template for a slider with max. 4 pictures.
Even if it is nice to have a description field for a template, a picture says more than thousand words could describe.
And no, I don't think I could develop something like that. I don't even know where to start.🙄
I have just upgraded a site from 2.7 to latest v3.
I have run into a weird issue where a page template setting for slashUrls changes from No to Yes immediately after an ajax call, causing the second ajax call on the page to use the wrong setting.
There is no reference to the $template->slashUrls() in any of my code.
This happens every time I load the page, it's 100% consistent.
I have this running on a second machine under v2.7 and no such weirdness.
I'm lost as to why this is happening, what would cause a PW setting change for slashUrls? Anyone have any ideas?
Is there a way for us to replicate the "http://mydomain.com/processwire/page/edit/?id=xxx" and change the template to match my site template?
I'm terribly happy with the admin / backend page edit. It covers literaly everything I want to empower my non super admin user in updating pages such as validation, repeater management, file upload.
I wish not to allow the users to see the backend for both security and aesthetic reasons.
Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.
after the migration to version 3.0.145 our export templates all of a sudden dont work properly,
we have a functionality where we use a boiler template with a set of fields. for some reason since the upgrade when we select the export template to export it. it wont show any of the fields added after the migration,
as you can see the offer certificate remarks field has been added to the export,
but when we select it it wont come trough