Soundmanager2 Audio for Processwire

Macrura

The one in the tag looks good. It's the one coded in the template that doesn't have the right look. I prefer to have it in the template because it will always be just one audio file and it saves me a fraction not to put the tag into the text field all the time.

In the template it says

$sm2 = $modules->get('TextformatterSoundmanager');
	$options = [
		'type' => 'cassette',
		'cassette' => 'ma-r90',
	];
	$track = $page->audio->first();
	echo $sm2->player($track, $options);

Am I missing something there?

ok that's a bug, you can either uncheck the default skin in the module config, or upgrade to the latest version (110), which fixes that.

Also note that the newest version would be injecting the JS var into the header so you wouldn't need to hardcode that; also you shouldn't need any extra css, as the module should just work with this version...

Just installed the new version and it works like a charm, drastically fantastically!

One little thing is that on the Soundmanager demo (http://www.schillmania.com/projects/soundmanager2/demo/cassette-tape/) you can see the tape as a thin line moving from the left reel to the right, that isn't there in the module.

I'm really happy with how it looks now. The first original Carl Cryplant thematic mix tapes I did in the 1980s were on real C-90 cassettes.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

thanks for this extension. I'm working now on a website with audio samples. I found and installed your module but can't get it work.

I installed and setup everything, following the descriptions step by step. What I also did is:
Created a file field – "audio_file" (0=No limit, Automatic … ). In the soundmodule-setup I applied this "audio_file" to the Audio Files Field.
I created a text-field and under details -> »text formatters« I applied the Soundmanager2 Audio… . In the soundmodule-setup I applied this text-field to the Tag Field.

This is in the template file:

<?php
    $options = [
      'type' => 'bar-ui',
      'skin' => 'gradient-fat',
    ];

foreach($page->audio_file as $track) {
      $content .= $sm2->player($track, $options);
  }
  ?>

The template has the two fields ("audio_file" and the text field).

And on the page I uploaded a file – brahms_01.mp4 in the audio_file field. In the text field I'm trying to echo the mp.4 file with this: [smplayer tag=brahms_01]

Tracy doesn't show any errors.

@neophron

(1) Are you just wanting to output your own player on a page, or use the Textformatter? The Textformatter is for putting in shortcodes into Textarea fields, like Body.

(2) The code you posted would only work if you are doing delayed output using a $content var, otherwise if your templates are direct output, you have to echo the content, something like:

<?php
    $options = [
      'type' => 'bar-ui',
      'skin' => 'gradient-fat',
    ];

foreach($page->audio_file as $track) {
      echo $sm2->player($track, $options);
  }

(3) if you want to use the text field to output an audio player based on a shortcode, then you have to echo the textfield, with the Textformatter applied, like:

echo $page->myTextField;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1