Introducing Tracy Debugger

ryan

It is hard to manage time theses days, so haven't tried this yet. Your module can help enormous with debugging so probably will be a real time saver. Big thanks for the module and the extended blog post. I will look into this soon.

Thanks again Adrian!

• Like 1

Since it's now listed as working in 2.7 I've to try it out, too.

The only things that won't work in 2.7 are the NonPW Template Variables panel, and the Runtime Debug Statements functionality. I feel like there should be a way to make the former work in 2.7 but I haven't figured it out yet and with 3.x stable not that far away I don't have too much motivation to. The latter won't though, although as mentioned it's a bit of an obscure feature anyway :)

• Like 1

Just wanted to let you all know that I added a new section to the blog post. Hard to believe I had missed anything given how long it already was, but this new section deals with Access Permissions / Restrictions and how they are controlled/related to the Detect, Development, & Production Modes. Here's the shortcut link to this new section: https://processwire.com/blog/posts/introducing-tracy-debugger/#access-permissions-restrictions

Hopefully you'll find it useful in understanding who has access to what with which settings. Please let me know if there is still something that isn't clear or even if you have suggestions on how the settings/logic might be tweaked.

• Like 6

Thank you, Adrian! People like you make PW community so pleasant to be involved in. Not only the code you share has helped me and many others numerous times, but your attitude: friendliness, passion and commitment. This module of yours is a true example of the best international open source spirit. Thank you for your marvelous work. And... please keep it going)

The post is awesome too :). It is kind of hard to go through the dozen pages of the original module forum thread and not get lost at the first time. Sum up for it is a great idea and there is no better place for it than the official PW blog. Congrats!

• Like 10

Thank you Ivan - very kind words indeed :)

There is definitely something about this community - Ryan has managed to foster an environment where people really want to share and help others - almost addictively. I think it's a very rare thing we have here.

I completely agree - I was actually wondering myself how I was going to manage to make something useful out of all the info in the support thread. I guess it should probably end up in the ReadMe at some point, but then I don't really like having unnecessary screenshot images in the Github repo, so the blog request by Ryan came at a very good time in the evolution of this module.

Thanks again.

• Like 5