KangLing

How to configure CKEditor(textarea field) to enable Color toolbar?

6 posts in this topic

I download 'Color Button' plugin and its dependencies 'Floating Panel', 'Panel Button', ''Panel, 'Button' plugins.

unzip and upload them to the /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins directory.

go to Setup -> Fields -> myfield -> Input, scroll down to the 'Plugins' section and check the box for these 5 plugins. Save.

but the Color Buttons are not automatically added to the toolbar.

Did you add "TextColor, BGColor" to the CKEditor Toolbar? My first line looks like this:

Format, -, Bold, Italic, Underline, -, TextColor, BGColor, -, RemoveFormat

You can further customize what colors will be allowed, under Custom Config Options:

colorButton_enableMore: false 
colorButton_colors: F00,FFC609,FFF 
5 people like this

Did you add "TextColor, BGColor" to the CKEditor Toolbar? My first line looks like this:

Format, -, Bold, Italic, Underline, -, TextColor, BGColor, -, RemoveFormat

You can further customize what colors will be allowed, under Custom Config Options:

colorButton_enableMore: false 
colorButton_colors: F00,FFC609,FFF

Thank you, matjazp.It works!

Is there a place for CKEditor and processwire implementation, always seem to have to hunt around the forums to create workable edits to CKeditor in PW.

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rsi
      Hi everyone!
      I have to say that i am so happy that i have found Processwire. It is great to work with, although I'm just starting and am probably doing many things more complicated than necessary

I am at a point now where I would like to automatically add a certain class (img-responsive) to images that are added to a page via CKEditor.

I tried to find information on how to customize CKEditor and i found 61 pages here on this forum, but i had a hard time figuring out where to put a config.js file or how to call it!
      Writing a plugin for CKE is what came up most, but it seemed a bit too much...

Maybe there is a basic introduction to CKE in processwire that i missed?

Please someone point me in the right direction

thank you all!

• By Cody Connor
      I installed the InputfieldCKEditor module and am using the ck editor in all of the fields on my processwire website.  I need to be able to drag images into the CKEditor field so I downloaded a CKEditor plugin called simpleuploads put it into /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/ and added the plugin to the field I am working on.  I have tried doing it many different ways and the plugins still are not working and I have no idea where to go from here.
      I am working with processwire version 3.0.61.
      I am using CKEditor version 4.4.2.

• By billjoseph
      Weirdest thing just happened to me.  I updated blank site from 3.0.42 to 3.0.61 then started adding fields.  I have two instances of FieldsetOpen areas in the template, and a few CKEditor textareas (both inside those fieldsets and outside). 
      I added an image field to the template and placed it near the top of the template fields.  Once I did that I was unable to toggle either Fieldset, and the CKEditor stopped working.
      When I moved the image field to the bottom of the template fields, the CKEditor loaded, but the fieldsets still wouldn't toggle.  When I deleted the image field, the editor and toggle return to normal.  (Adding a new image field re-introduces the issues.)
      I've tried adjusting the settings on the image field but the result is the same - even with all default settings.  I tried adding an image field to a different template - same result.
      What am I missing here?
    • By holmescreek
      This question has probably been beaten to death - think I'm approaching this wrong. 
      Anyway, I've got a textarea input field that uses ckeditor.
      Under the fields Input section I managed to add my custom style sheet in the 'Custom Editor CSS File (regular mode) section for instance:
      /site/templates/css/ckeditor.css

This seems to work fine.
      What I'm trying to do now is add a custom style to the ckeditor styles menu, for instance, called .green_button
      (p.s. in the ckeditor styles.js I added this to the inline section : { name: 'Green Button', element: 'a', attributes: { 'class': 'button' } },

Ok, onto the problem...
      I notice that PW, by default, is using  /wire/modules/inputfield/inputfieldCKEditor/ckeditor-4.5.10/styles.js
      So, I copied this into /site/templates/js/mystyles.js
      Next, I added the above to the 'Custom Editor JS Styles Set' field, however, it doesn't seem to load myckeditorstyles.js -- rather continues to load the one from the /wire/modules... folder.
      I cleared all history and caching in Safari (also tried Chrome, etc).

I'm wondering if there is something else I need to do to have PW load my /site/templates/js/myckeditorstyles.js instead of the one in /wire/modules.../ckeditor-4.5.10/styles.js ?

Thanks!

• By zota
      Hi,
      installing a CKEditor plugin seems easy:
      - download,
      - extract to /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/[folder with the plugin name will sit here/]
      - on admin setup > fields > any field that works with CKEditor > tab Input > scroll down and you will see the new plugin waiting activation:

Ooops, only shows the default extra plugins...
      What am I missing?
      Thanks
      EDIT: it was a simple permission problem. One should check and change the permissions of downloaded stuff...