German (de-DE) not maintained

new german updates for actual PW dev 2.4.15 (28 August 2014). Zip contains only updated/added files (in comparison to the default 2.4 lang pack).

updated files:

wire--modules--process--processfield--processfield-module.json

wire--modules--process--processforgotpassword-module.json

wire--modules--process--processmodule--processmodule-module.json

wire--modules--process--processrole--processrole-module.json

wire--modules--process--processtemplate--processtemplate-module.json

wire--modules--process--processuser--processuser-module.json

added files:

wire--core--fieldselectorinfo-php.json

wire--core--fieldtypemulti-php.json

wire--core--process-php.json

wire--core--sanitizer-php.json

wire--modules--inputfield--inputfieldpagetitle--inputfieldpagetitle-module.json

wire--modules--languagesupport--processlanguage-module.json

pw-lang-de-dev-update.zip

• Like 3

I never have used a language pack before. Today I want.  :)

@nico: I have noticed some things:

• coming from google or from where ever to the first post of this thread, it would be good if there were some short instructions on how to get the newest lang-pack for stable and for dev. (with links!)

• A short instruction or appropriate links on how a lang pack must be applied would be useful too.

• and there shouldn't be old zip archives available for downloading.

@Manfred62: really cool that you are that fast with updates to the dev-branch.

Is it right that I have to grab the files from yellowleds repo and add the latest  pw-lang-de-dev-update.zip to it?

new german updates for actual PW dev 2.4.18 (04 September 2014). Zip contains only updated/added files (in comparison to the default 2.4 lang pack).

updated files:

wire--modules--fieldtype--fieldtypecomments--fieldtypecomments-module.json

wire--modules--inputfield--inputfieldpagetable--inputfieldpagetable-module.json

wire--modules--languagesupport--languagetabs-module.json

wire--modules--process--processtemplate--processtemplate-module.json

pw-lang-de-dev-update.zip

• Like 4

Given that 2.5 is just around the corner, I'm looking forward to a pull request for the stable pw-lang-de repository (whenever you think it's ready), Manfred. And thanks again for putting all that work into these language files.  :)

(If you feel it would make maintaining the language files easier for you, I'd be happy to hand over the stable repository to you. Just let me know.)

• Like 2

Thanks to Manfred's relentless efforts (and a little merging by me), the German language pack for the stable version of ProcessWire is now officially updated for 2.5.

I have to admit the merge was a bit of a rocky road, so if anyone notices any issues with this in 2.5 (I have only checked it briefly myself), please report them. The best way to do so is via the language pack's GitHub issues.

• Like 3

Ähm, how do i update the languagefiles?

I tried to upload the zip from Github on the default language page (PW 2.5.1 dev) but got the following error message for a whole bunch of files:

pw-lang-de-master.zip - Refused file wire--templates-admin--default-php.json because it is already on the file system and owned by a different field.

Thanks!

I tried to upload the zip from Github on the default language page (PW 2.5.1 dev) but got the following error message for a whole bunch of files:

Not sure I understand what you're trying to do there. Did you have a dev version of the language pack installed which you tried to update with a stable version of it? Or did you just drop the stable language pack into PW 2.5.1? Manfred will probably be able to explain better how updating dev versions works, I don't really use dev versions.

I guess you could always delete the uploaded language files and re-upload the version that you want to use, but I have to say I'm not sure how that will work out. I've never done that myself. Sorry.

Interesting: something I didn't know is that you can't just update the language files.

Here's what I did: fresh PW 2.5 install. Installed Language support, installed pw-lang-de for 2.4. Saved. Installed pw-lang-de for 2.5, saved. Result: All language files that are in both 2.4 and 2.5 are duplicated (with a “-1” suffix).

Is this intended behaviour?

Since the standard behaviour of the file field is to not overwrite files, I think yes. But I also think the language management should handle it different. What you can do is find the folder in assets/files/pages/ holding the files (while editing the language the id is shown in the address bar), delete all of it and reupload again. Not elegant but should work.

• Like 1

Since the standard behaviour of the file field is to not overwrite files, I think yes. But I also think the language management should handle it different. What you can do is find the folder in assets/files/pages/ holding the files (while editing the language the id is shown in the address bar), delete all of it and reupload again. Not elegant but should work.

Fixed in dev: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commit/63692bdda65090032d4d5a0c29475263ea707bf7

• Like 1

Since the standard behaviour of the file field is to not overwrite files, I think yes.

I thought this would be fixed with one of the last commits from ryan (https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commit/63692bdda65090032d4d5a0c29475263ea707bf7)

I also have some other languagefiles in use, so i have to be careful, about what i delete.

Ähm, how do i update the languagefiles?

Thanks!

the easiest solution is:

go into your language (where all the files are listed) --> double clic any Trash icon --> all files are marked --> save

now all files are deleted

now upload the new files --> ready

Hint: the double clic works for /wire/ files or for /site/ files in PW 2.5*. No Problem with local files.

The solution Marc/mademyday suggested also works.. if you replace the same files. Not sure, what happens with added/new files?

Be aware: the de-lang-pack is for PW 2.5. I tested 2.5.1 some minutes and found a lot of changes regarding the language.

BTW: maybe an admin/moderator can split some of the posts in a new thread "updating languages"?

Could be of interest for others and isn't specific for german language pack.

• 1 month later...

here you find the updates in german language files for the PW dev.

https://github.com/Manfred62/pw-lang-de/tree/dev

new german updates for actual PW dev 2.5.5 (19 October 2014).

updated files:

• wire--modules--fieldtype--fieldtypedatetime-module.json
  • wire--modules--inputfield--inputfieldpagetable--inputfieldpagetable-module.json
  • wire--modules--process--processtemplate--processtemplate-module.json
  • wire--core--pages-php.json

added files:

• wire--modules--process--processrecentpages--processrecentpages-module.json
  • wire--modules--system--systemnotifications--systemnotifications-module.json
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

My post has nothing to do with German (de-DE), but I've just found this from Ryan on page 3:

The "missing required field" error message is translatable in this file: /wire/core/InputfieldWrapper.php

Is this error message translatable elsewhere now?

I've found the following commented code from wire/config.php and have uncommented it after copying it to site/config.php:

/*** 9. MISC ************************************************************************************/

/**
 * Settings specific to InputfieldWrapper class
 * Setting useDependencies to false may enable to use depencencies in some places where
 * they aren't currently supported, like files/images and repeaters. Note that setting it
 * to false only disables it server-side. The javascript dependencies work either way.
 * Uncomment and paste into /site/config.php if you want to use this
 */
$config->InputfieldWrapper = array(
    'useDependencies' => true,
    'requiredLabel' => 'Valeur requise manquante',
    );

I've changed the value, but it doesn't seem to work. Perhaps it's not meant to be used for what I want: translating the value for the site on which I'm testing the Blue VR Site Profile. The (default) contact form uses FormTemplateProcessor.module.

Thank you in advance

• 1 month later...

I have set up a new repo in GitHub with german translation files for ProcessWire modules.

https://github.com/Manfred62/pw-modules-lang-de

This is a small collection of module translations. Most translations are only "nice to have", because they are for admin use only. Some modules for the use of user/clients or output on frontend are more important to be translated.

If someone has translated (german) other modules and like to share them in a central place, post the files here the forum. Then I will upload it to the repo. Afterwards it will be easier to keep them up to date (via forks and pr's).

List of translated modules:

• BatchChildEditor (by mr-fan)
  • CroppableImage
  • DynamicRoles
  • FieldtypeCropImage (Thumbnails)
  • LanguageInstantInstall
  • ImageExtra
  • MarkupWeather (by mr-fan)
  • MarkupYahooWeather
  • ModulesManager
  • ProcessBlog (by mr-fan)
  • ProcessDiagnostics
  • ProcessWireUpgrade
  • RestrictTabView
  • SchedulePages (by mr-fan)
Edited by Manfred62
  • Like 6

I have to admit that there is some sort of issue in MarkupWeather Module..... :-[

On the kindergarten site actuall it is sometimes "Mostly bewölkt" and today there are "Light Schnee and Schauer"... :huh:

take a deeper look if i've time...on this.

thanks to manfred for his work on the language files!!

best regards mr-fan

• horst locked this topic