Repeater limit

Sabir

Hello.

I'm developing website for restaurant network, and I use repeater field for menu (meals). 

Page has repeater field, named "menu". It has 2 fields - title (multilingual - 3 languages) and price. 150 repeater entries are created and save normally. Starting from 151 when I fill new repeater row and click save, PW shows success message but 151st row isn't saved. 

How can I fix this problem? Or can you suggest any alternative method for storing such data? Using page for each row is very hard for editing.

Thank you in advance!

I forgot to notice one thing, when I use debug tools I see that the data from 151st is passed in POST array.

Which version of processwire do you run? If you use the 2.4.x dev version instead of the stable version you could replace the Repeater field with a PageTable field, which produces real pages, instead of the hidden ones that repeaters use. There would also be the option to buy the ProFields package in the store and use the ProTable field or the Multiplier Field. While this shouldn't be necessary, I've added these just for the completeness. 

Regarding the save issue, I can't help you, but I think that 150 is a quite odd number, this should be able to handle more. But I'm no expert, just wait for an more experienced answer about that.

• Like 1

reems, LostKobrakai,

Thank you for your replies!

Regarding Table from ProFields, I know about it, but want to try some free alternative. If nothing will be found, I have to use them.

Regarding PageTable, it's interesting, I'll try them now, thank you!

How can I fix this problem? Or can you suggest any alternative method for storing such data? Using page for each row is very hard for editing.

I think the PageTable field from a recent dev version is likely a good option, but another alternative is:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/6102-batch-child-editor/

In the modules config settings you may want to disable overwrite mode (and maybe even Add mode). See the screenshot under 3. Edit mode - it allows for easy adding, sorting, and editing of titles, along with modal editing of pages, kinda like PageTable, but unlike with PageTable, pages that are added manually as children will also be available for editing via this interface.

• Like 3