lucas

Paypal integration to Form Builder

I'd like to know if it's possible for you to integrate Paypal to the Form Builder module. I'd like to use the Form Builder to build a paid job listing. Job submissions would be only published to the site after the payment via Paypal (standard checkout).

Could you tell me if this would be something you'd consider adding? That's the only thing keeping me from building this project with PW right now ;)

You could create this functionality yourself without too much work.

I am not a form builder expert, but I have integrated PayPal into a manually created front-end form in PW. If you want to use FormBuilder I think you want to hook into:

FormBuilderProcessor::formSubmitSuccess

Do you already have form builder and access to the VIP support board for it? There are a lot of posts over there about hooking into it and adding functionality.

Here is some info I posted about paypal integration with PW:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/5281-paypal-payment-method-for-processwire-shop/?p=67670

Using the IPN feature of PayPal to return payment success and then publish the page should be pretty straight-forward.

Let us know if you have any more specific questions once you get started.

• Like 2

Hey adrian, nope I didn't purchase it yet.  Thanks for the tips.

Hmmm I'd have to check out if this IPN feature is available for the Paypal standard payments in my country..

I'm far from being a developer but I guess I'll try to build the form myself (using PW of course :))

Will search for some guides to get started... 

Here you go:

https://processwire.com/talk/topic/2089-create-simple-forms-using-api/

Have a good read through that thread, create your form, have it process off to PayPal and then point Paypal back to an ipn.php file on your server that uses code based on: https://github.com/paypal/ipn-code-samples/commits/master/paypal_ipn.php

Just bootstrap PW into that file and after processing, remove the unpublished status from the page.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By J_Szwarga
      What is the best practice for having a form (only accessible to a logged in user) save the user's progress between sections of the form? Fieldsets? Multiple forms?
      Use case: I have a very long application form that would take 30 minutes for the applicant to fill out and I would hate for all progress to be lost due to user error. The progress needs to be logged into the user's page.
      Thanks!
    • By Robin S
      An inputfield for displaying markup editable via CKEditor.
      The module is intended for use with the Form Builder module. Allows blocks of static text to be included within a form, which can be edited in the form settings using CKEditor.
      Usage
      Install the Markup CKEditor module.
      In the Form Builder module settings, add "MarkupCKEditor" to "Inputfield types to use with FormBuilder".
      In your form settings, add a new field of type "Markup CKEditor". Enter the text you want to show in this field using "Markup Text" on the "Details" tab.
      Screenshots

http://modules.processwire.com/modules/inputfield-markup-ckeditor/
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/InputfieldMarkupCKEditor
    • By cosmicsafari
      Hi all,
      I am using the formSubmitSuccess form builder hook to send a copy of the form submission to a third party.
      However I couldn't figure out how to get the submissions form type at this point, the reason being is that I only want to send the data onto the third party for certain form types.
      I don't have the submission details being passed into the hook, wasn't sure how to achieve this so at the moment I have it doing a DB query to pull the latest submission details for that form type so I'm rather stumped about how I can go about achieving this.
      Hope thats makes sense.
    • By jds43
      Hello,
      I'm wondering how to add the value of a field to a URL when submitting a form, while also processing the form with FormBuilder and storing the entry in the CMS. Is this even possible with the versions below?
      FB 0.2.5 | PW 2.7.2
      Is there still a dedicated Form Builder forum here anymore?
    • By cosmicsafari
      Hi All,
      Just a quick question, if a form has an upload field should there be a working link in the subsequent email which allows you to view the uploaded file?
      As it stands only the name and size of the file appears in the email although viewing the source it appears wrapped in anchor tags, albeit without any href attribute.
      I'm not sure if this is the correct result or if I have somehow managed to cause this and there should be a working link to the uploaded file.