Unable to add field description

etling

Hello. I'm starting a new project on Processwire 2.4. I'm experiencing some funky behavior, as follows:

1. I add a new custom field and save it.

2. Try to edit the field, and the "description" attribute is grayed out, and I can't add a description.

I'm experiencing it with all field types.

Has anyone else experienced this? I did some futzing around with the admin theme, trying to use the new "themes as modules" method, and I'm wondering if I screwed something up or if it is an actual bug in 2.4

A screenshot is below. This is after saving the field, and opening it up to edit.

Thanks for any help,

Will

QCdioXT.png

Ahem. Fixed this problem, in my attempts to do "admin themes as modules" I had removed the wire/templates-admin/ directory by mistake. So, there were javascripts/assets/stuff missing that made that field collapsible. 

I'd delete this post, but maybe it can help someone else in the future should they experience this.

I am not having any issues specifically with the description not being available. However, I notice that the toggle expansion arrows for each field are not showing. Maybe there is a clue with that though?

Just about to post this when I saw that you have fixed it - seems like it was related to the missing toggle arrows :)

• Like 1