Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello PW Forums,

I am pleased to share a new website I have created for my music work: https://gavingamboa.net. I am a classical pianist, composer, visual artist, and programmer. ProcessWire offers incredible solutions to the simplicity, elegance, and open-ended nature of how I want my work to be presented. It allows for really exciting positioning/customization (the sky's the limit) where you can exercise robust autonomy over your data.

This landing page features: 

  • Multilingual options (English, Spanish, Chinese)
  • Dark/Light Mode
  • A self-hosted newsletter / email subscribers list (ProMailer module) that is also reachable via RSS (Markup RSS module)
  • Newsletter issues contain verifiable records using Standard.site lexicon schema for AT protocol, making them discoverable on the wider ATmosphere
  • Rockfrontend, Latte framework, and UIKit 3 for the frontend template engine
  • ProFields module (Repeater Matrix)
  • FormBuilder module for Contact Page
  • Social Media SVG icons in Footer can be re-ordered via draggable elements in admin
  • A custom Tab for importing relevant images and text from my TiddlyWiki to aid in the drafting of future newsletters

This site is a work-in-progress. I am looking forward to integrating more Pages and functionality in the future. Next on my list would be a simple shop (ecommerce) for selling merch, musical scores, physical media, etc (via FormBuilder) as well as continued integration with ActivityPub, maybe through a more regular blog section or something like a Weekly Notes Page.

Thanks for all the inspiration and helpful advice here on the forum.

Screenshot2026-07-06at16_12_44.thumb.png.af2b05a4318d219303eb202510d3cf9f.pngScreenshot2026-07-06at16_18_33.thumb.png.1ee686607c6f366ca3038872bd2b4e03.pngScreenshot2026-07-06at16_20_17.thumb.png.0238e8f6169217adf11c5d822c879518.pngScreenshot2026-07-06at16_20_43.thumb.png.a3e167fc3018befddbc93157de79e258.png

  • Like 8
  • 2 months later...
Posted

I am pleased to share that I have added an additional functionality to this site: an e-commerce solution enabling a web-shop powered by FormBuilder and the Stripe Payment Processor.

See it for yourself here: https://gavingamboa.net/shop

Thanks to the work that these modules enable, I am able to sell scores, records, and merchandise of my work directly to buyers via the Stripe Checkout service which supports 3D Secure transactions, used by the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulation in Europe for card payments. (I am still working on the shipping logistics to countries outside of the US. Bare with me).

Because of the hook methods ProcessWire makes available, there is a lot that can be customized with the module. For instance, I have setup a fairly straightforward inventory and order fulfillment tracking on the admin side, which enables me to add tracking numbers and send those to a customer via an auto-generated email template (using the WireMail Mailgun API module), which then will mark a Hidden field in the FormBuilder form indicating which orders have been sent out.

Overall this has been a steep-learning curve endeavor but I couldn't be more pleased with having a self-hosted webshop that caters to my own needs.

Many thanks to @ryan and to @nbcommunication for the WireMail Mailgun API module.

 

aelfie-impromtus-score.png

formbuilder-entires-obs.png

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...