ProcessWire Dashboard

@TomPich Nothing built in, so far. Philosophically, I've seen the dashboard as a jumping-off point for users to get oriented, then go off somewhere else in the admin to do more serious work. My suggestion would be configuring a separate admin Lister page with filters, or building a custom Process module if you're feeling adventurous.

That said, there are ways of doing this manually:

Option 1: render a select input using a `template` type panel, with some JS to auto-submit the form on change. In your php file defining the available dashboard panels, you can then use that input parameter to pre-filter the results. This only works smoothly with selects where a full page reload is acceptable UX, so text inputs would require a different solution.

Option 2: create multiple panel tabs, one tab for each available filter option. Still, not very useful for text inputs.

• Like 1

@d'Hinnisdaël Thank you.

I’ll explore your suggestions. I’m not sure what you mean by "configuring a separate admin Lister page with filters". But it sounds like being quite straight forward.

For now, I’ve been building a custom panel following your documentation. Seems a lot of work. I’m getting somewhere, but I’d rather respect the spirit of your module and and choose a more clever solution to achieve my goal.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2022 at 1:45 AM, adrian said:

Hi @d'Hinnisdaël - I wonder if you'd be willing to support loading a tab directly from the hash in the URL please?

Thanks for considering.

@adrian did you work out if this was possible? Was wanting to do the same thing. Cheers!

• 1 month later...