Using fwrite() to create file in scripts directory

louisstephens

Just a quick question, I have a function in my ready.php file that creates a new js file inside the "scripts" folder (under templates). Everything is working as expected, however, is it possible for the url to look like www.domain.com/scripts/generated.js ?

Currently, the only way I can access it is via www.domain.com/site/templates/scripts/generated.js. Or is there a better place I should be putting these scripts ? I I am trying to use the scripts elsewhere (not on the processwire install).

1 hour ago, louisstephens said:

Or is there a better place I should be putting these scripts ? I I am trying to use the scripts elsewhere (not on the processwire install).

I there's maybe two things to consider

1. Can your fwrite() access the location you want to write to?
  2. The location of the js script needs to be accessible (readable) to the world so that browsers can serve it..

If the js script are for external use (i.e. external to PW), maybe you want to keep it clean and add them to the file system of whatever app you are using them for.

Just my lazy 2p on a lazy Friday afternoon..:)

56 minutes ago, kongondo said:

The location of the js script needs to be accessible (readable) to the world so that browsers can server it..

I guess what kongondo is talking about is that PW is blocking access to /scripts folder via its .htaccess so you would have to modify it to grant access to this folder to everybody. Or you just leave the script in a web-accessible folder like inside /site/templates