<form method=post id=welcomeform>
<h4>Choose a new password</h4>

<div class=field>
	<label for=pass>New Password</label>
	<input id=pass type=password name=pass placeholder='new password'>
	</div>

<div class=field>
	<label for=pass2>New Password (Confirm)</label>
	<input id=pass2 type=password name=pass_confirm placeholder='new password (confirm)'>
	</div>

<button type=submit name=welcomeform value='Send'>Set password</button>
</form>

In the browser the label of the second field shows up as follows:

new \processwire\password(confirm)

WTH?!

I can't figure out what is changing the label, what is inserting /processwire/ and reformatting the thing. Is this something in PW? A "helpful" thing that browsers do?

Edit:

The problem disappears if I simply rename the second field to 'Confirm Password'.

So my problem is solved, but I'll leave this here in case this is some kind of bug.

Valid or not, it is not commonly used and is difficult to read. Nonetheless, it appears you are creating a new password object passing confirm as a parameter. Do you have the namespace set?

rick, yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Leaving out quotes where they are not necessary is following the html specs by the letter and makes the html a lot cleaner and easier to read than the common quotes within double-quotes within single quotes mess - my text editor gives the classes and ids their own fun colors.

So I guess something in PW somehow interpreted 'new password (confirm)' as code that it has to do something with, instead of plain placeholder text? That bit was inside quotes btw.

I guess it's th file compiler, try to disable it for the template (and clear cache).

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By benbyf
      Hi, Looking to create form elements on a page–some input with a colection of form inputs and the appropriate labels and variables for that input. I've used ProForms in the past and rolled out my own when creating simply one off forms, but I wonder if anyone has found a good way of allowing form creation on page editing so that clients can adhocly make and edit forms?
      Thanks
    • By Mithlesh
      Changing it to null
    • By Tyssen
      I have a page that contains a single ProFields table field and I want to display the contents of the table on the front end and then for logged in users, they can edit certain columns in the table.
      What I have at the moment is
      $out = '<form action="'.$page->url.'" method="post" > <table class="table"> <tbody>'; $count = 1; foreach($page->fieldName as $row) : $out .= ' <tr> <td><input type="checkbox" name="fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName"></td> </tr>'; if($input->post->submit) : $page->of(false); $page->set('fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName', $sanitizer->text($input->post->{fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName})); $page->save(); endif; $count++; endforeach; $out .= ' </tbody> </table> <button class="button" type="submit">Save</button> </form>'; The two problems I have are:
      I get an error trying from $sanitizer->text($input->post->{fieldName_'.$count.'_columnName}), not sure how to make that dynamic.  If I change the above to just a static value, e.g. $page->set('fieldName_1_columnName', 'Testing') and save the form, it's not saving the values to the database. Where am I going wrong?
    • By VeiJari
      Hello forum. I'm trying to figure out how to detect if current form has errors after saving it in pw admin page. This is so that our event location isn't added in database if we detect errors. But I can't seem to find a correct way to detect errors? I only found the wire()->errors() and it always triggers even if I don't have any errors. 
      How can I detect errors in a form?
      By error I mean $page->error('this is the red error');
    • By Demo
      Hi,
      I'm looking for a developer for a quick project. Developer would be responsible to create a new form on exiting process wire site which on submit would send data to sales force. We already have the HTML code for the form and action/REST API build. 
      Thank you
      Rajesh