Ckeditor images showing up in images field?

Roych

Hello, I'm new to PW!

I'm having some problems with images in PW. I have two fields, CKeditor and Images field. The problem is when I upload images in CkEditor the images are also shown under the images fields, how can I get ridd of that.

I have images field for separate images gallery in every post, below the text. So again if I ad image betwen text it is also shown in a gallery below. I don't need this.

Hope u understand

Thank you

R

That's just the way ProcessWire works, by adding any uploaded image to a page. You could another collapsed/hidden images field to your template though, then you can select that field in CKEditor's image dialog.

22 minutes ago, BitPoet said:

You could another collapsed/hidden images field to your template though, then you can select that field in CKEditor's image dialog.

Unfortunately, that doesn't actually work: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/issues/1060

I'd actually like to not only have the ability to have a hidden images field, but also the ability to restrict a CkEditor field to store uploaded images in only designated image fields.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, adrian said:

Unfortunately, that doesn't actually work: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/issues/1060

I'd actually like to not only have the ability to have a hidden images field, but also the ability to restrict a CkEditor field to store uploaded images in only designated image fields.

Yes, how can this be done, pls? ;)

Thank you

R

I wasn't aware that the field settings are inherited in the ckeditor dialog, but I should have suspected it.

What should work though is adding another image field at the bottom of the template, then going to Modules -> Configure ->ProcessPageEditImageSelect and adding the name of your gallery field where it reads "Field names to skip for selection".

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BitPoet said:

I wasn't aware that the field settings are inherited in the ckeditor dialog, but I should have suspected it.

What should work though is adding another image field at the bottom of the template, then going to Modules -> Configure ->ProcessPageEditImageSelect and adding the name of your gallery field where it reads "Field names to skip for selection".

Yes that worked, thank you ;)

R

8 minutes ago, BitPoet said:

then going to Modules -> Configure ->ProcessPageEditImageSelect and adding the name of your gallery field where it reads "Field names to skip for selection".

Thanks, I forgot about that - went looking in the field settings - I still think perhaps it would be best to be configurable at the field level.

• Like 2

Hey I'm back here. I just noticed, that Now I can not upload new images into the ckeditor at all. I need to separate the image field and the Ckeditor somehow. I didn't expect this from PW at all. Very annoying actually.

Thank you

R