tpr

AdminOnSteroids

You mean mark deleted all + sorting buttons?

The first one alone seems superfluous as there is already a way to do it, even if it's not that obvious (double click on trash icon). But with sorting buttons it makes more sense. So you give me permission to use your module's code?

• Like 1

Sure! Feel free to take (and improve) it

• Like 1

... and what is about a text input filter box, like with my experiment on the croppable image input?

new-imagefield-and-extensions-01.gif

I've already thought of a filter box. Here's a screencap of its current state but it's still in an early stage. It's capable of searching image names, descriptions (multilanguage) and tags, and multiple strings at once (separated by spaces).

Filtering worked fine only until name/tag/description were unchanged because filter targets were added on load. I solved this by clicking or focusing on the filter box re-adds all the filter targets. In fact all the filters are added only on the first click so if you don't use the filter it won't add too much overhead.

post-3156-0-66280600-1464901467_thumb.gi

• Like 5

! This sounds very good ! - Multilanguage and Descriptions and Tags and multiple Searchphrases - !

Man, you are awesome! ^-^  

I have seen some third party JS / jQuery scripts that do sorting and filtering, but the good ones wasn't OpenSource, and / or to bloated. Your solution sounds very good.

There are one thing I thought of while playing with that: would it be possible to filter for portrait and landscape oriented images? - or for the smallest / highest height or width?

And ahm, if you need beta tester, just call. :)

Nothing extraordinary here :) I will try to polish things a bit today and upload a new version. There are a few additions I have in mind to the filter but it's main feature should work fine.

Landscape/portrait and size filters could go to the sorting buttons bernhard suggested, once I get to that.

• Like 1

v012 is uploaded with the new filterbox feature. I get the onleave confirmation message after using the field and tryng to leave the page, if anyone knows an easy way to solve this that would be welcomed.

post-3156-0-92713400-1464945544_thumb.gi

• Like 5

Another cosmetic fix for the filterbox: show only if there are at least 2 items to filter. It's evaluated dynamically on uploading images, so if the field is empty or contains only one image it will be hidden.

post-3156-0-40507400-1465045066_thumb.gi

Now it's "close to perfect" according to my set of standards :)

• Like 3

@tpr: I have one wish and an observation to share. :)

My wish is: "Please can we have in AdminReno-CompactHeader-view the toggle icon for the sidebar?" If one do not use autohide for the sidebar it currently is missing with the compact header view.

---

For me, on Windows 7 with Firefox, I do not have a sticky header with the default Admintheme.

The mastheads position is set to relative, I think it must be fixed. The classes of the html element are

<html class="aos_fixScrollbarJump aos_fileFieldToolbar aos_filterbox aos_stickyHeader aos_PagePreviewLink" lang="en">

Do you need more Infos?

• Like 1

I'll check the fixed pos, thanks.

You can toggle the sidebar with the right-left arrows in the Reno theme, isn't that suffice? I agree that it's not very obvious.

• Like 2

Oh! Thats perfect! I didn't know it. - Now I don't need the toggle-icon anymore. :)

Many thanks!

• Like 2

Haha that was worth the question :) It's 1/2 request done and I haven't even got home :)

• Like 1

Filterbox everywhere!

A major update to the filterbox: now available for file fields too. This was my original intention and now it's real :)

Admin theme default sticky header is also fixed. I switched to array an of classes instead simple string concat but forgot to update the default admin theme part.

• Like 3

It's me again :) - Thanks for the changes and new additions.

The sticky header in DefaultAdminTheme is working now, but only for screens >= 960px :)

Here is perhaps one of the last additions to filterbox - datalist:

post-3156-0-04082600-1465295064_thumb.gi

Only image name or file name is displayed because using value+text didn't work in Firefox. Anyway, it can be a handy helper as it is.

• Like 2

Well, for filtering items :) E.g if you have many images or documents uploaded and you would like to find a specific one. Or if you go to the Language Translator, there can be many translation files and it can be hard finding the one you need without filtering.

• Like 2

i get the point for files. but i've never needed to filter images :) but the day will come, i'm sure ;)

Maybe it makes more sense if you use image tags, or descriptions.

v016 is uploaded to GitHub, containing the datalist feature for filterbox + a display bug fix reported by matjazp.

• Like 2

Filtering for filenames with images will / is be one of the most used functions of all for me. :)

If you have done the images your self and use a naming convention, this is the fasted way to find specific images / images groups out of hundreds. Also, with an own naming convention, (and knowing the images), you don't need to tag the images. :lol:

Thanks @tpr!

• Like 3

@tpr, maybe a new feature request:

In Editpage mode, a HotKey for saving: ctrl+s

But one that alltimes work, regardless if one are on the edit page, in a CKeditor field or another Editorfield. I know that there is a module from Soma with AdminHotkeys, but IIRR, it doesn't work when editing in a CKEditor field. But most of all, I would need it there!

Thanks! Glad to hear you can make use of it.

Just tried the ctrl-s combo and I got it working. Here is a snippet I have atm if you can't wait:

$(document).ready(function () {

var saveButton = $('#submit_save');

CKEDITOR.on('instanceReady', function (evt) {

var editor = evt.editor;

editor.document.on('keydown', function (e) {

if (e.data.getKeystroke() == CKEDITOR.CTRL + 83) {

e.data.$.preventDefault();

saveButton.trigger('click');
                return false;
            }
        });
    });