gebeer

Find all fields that are multi language

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to find all fields that are multi-language.

My code

$langFields = new FieldsArray;
foreach ($fields as $f) {
	if($f->type instanceof FieldtypePageTitleLanguage || $f->type instanceof FieldtypeTextareaLanguage || $f->type instanceof FieldtypeTextLanguage) {
		$langFields->add($f);
	}
}

Is there a more generic way of how I can determine whether a field is multi language, other than checking  "$f->type instanceof" for all three fieldtypes?

Untested, but every multi language field class should implement FieldtypeLanguageInterface, which you should be able to check for using instanceof.

if($f->type instanceof FieldtypeLanguageInterface) $langFields->add($f);
2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marcel Stäheli
      Hello
      if have a few article pages that have a multi-page reference field with tags about the content of the article. All tags of a given page are displayed and link to a tag-overview page.
      Every link has a query string added with the tag name like &tag=cars so that I know which articles have to be displayed on the tag-overview page,
      The tag name is created using $tag->name. Since the website is multi language using German (default) and English, I use $page->localName($language) to get the localized page name . The code looks like this:
      foreach($tags as $tag) { $tagsMarkup .= "<a href='" . wire('pages')->get('/tags-overview/')->url . "?tag=" . $tag->localName(wire('user')->language) . "'>" . $tag->title . "</a>, "; }
      The code works mostly fine, but when a page has the same name in both languages, the query string will have no value just ?tag=. Why?

A second problem that might be tied to the first:
      Once on that tags-overview page, I check if the tag actually exists using:

$allTags = $pages->get("/tags/")->children); if($allTags->has("name=$tag") {...} But as I read on the forum (https://processwire.com/talk/topic/2979-multi-language-page-names-urls/?page=6) that only checks for name in the default language. It was suggested to use $page->parent->path . "pageNameEnglish" but I'm not sure where and how to use it in my case.
      Any help?

• By xxxlogiatxxx
      Hey guys. Need some little help for a newbie. How can i foreach all possible values from existing field of a child template into select form? Trying like this but it showing me results from created pages and their fields.
      $fields = $page->find("template=item, sort=item_type"); echo "<select>"; foreach($fields as $item) { echo " <option>{$item->item_type->title}</option> "; } echo "</select>";  
    • By sirhc
      Hi all,
      I got a Internal Server Error when accessing de /setup/fields in my back end...
      Also when i try to reach it through the page tree, i can't edit the 'fields' page, same error.
      I do modify a image field through the api, i don't know if that has something to do with it, below the code i use to upload an image through the api, I deleted the parts that are not important. If anyone can help me that would be great.
      To clarify; the code below works fine, my image and page is created as expected, the only thing is that I can't access my /setup/fields/ page in my CMS anymore due to the Internal Server Error.

<?php              if($input->post->submit) {             $photoPage = new Page(); // create new page object             $photoPage->template = 'photo'; // set template             $photoPage->parent     = wire('pages')->get('/foto/'); // set the parent                          $photoPage->name     = urlBuilder($input->title_photo); // give it a name used in the url for the page             $photoPage->title     = $input->title_photo; // set page title (not neccessary but recommended)                          $photoPage->save();                              // next: process photo upload                          // Set a temporary upload location where the submitted files are stored during form processing             $upload_path = $config->paths->assets . "files/photos/";                          // New wire upload             $file_upload = new WireUpload('file_upload'); // References the name of the field in the HTML form that uploads the photo             $file_upload->setMaxFiles(1);             $file_upload->setOverwrite(true);             $file_upload->setDestinationPath($upload_path);             $file_upload->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'png', 'gif'));                          // execute upload and check for errors             $files = $file_upload->execute();                          // Run a count($files) test to make sure there are actually files; if so, proceed; if not, generate getErrors()             if(!count($files)) {                 $file_upload->error("Sorry, but you need to add a photo!");                 return false;             }             //success                          //echo 'photos stored';exit;                                  $photoPage->save();             //$session->redirect($locationPage->url);         } else {      ?> <section class="add-location">     <div class="container">         <div class="row">             <div class="col-xs-12">                      <h2>Spot toevoegen</h2>                 <form id="add-form" action="" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">                     <input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="<?php echo $max_file_size; ?>" />                                          <div class="col-xs-12 col-md-6">                             <label for="fileselect">Upload jouw foto:</label>                         <p>                                                          <input type="file" name="file_upload" id="file_upload" accept="image/*"  class="inputfile" />                             <label for="file_upload">                                 <span></span> <strong><i class="fa fa-upload" aria-hidden="true"></i>                                 Kies je foto…</strong>                             </label>                                                      </p>                         </div>                                                  <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Upload" />                     </div>                 </form>                  </div>         </div>     </div> </div> <?php } } include('./includes/foot.php');?>  
    • By hellomoto
      I have a manufacturers page select field and a dependent models one with pages of template `model` which are allowed children of pages with template `manufacturer`. So I have this as the findPagesCode for the models page options field:
      return $page->manufacturer->children(); However this requires the page be saved in order to display options. This is not ideal. 
      I have a singular autoload module with the following:
      public function init() { $this->pages->addHookAfter('render', $this, 'filterModels'); } public function filterModels($event) { $page = $event->arguments('page'); if($page->template != 'boat_vessel') return; $this->message("models filter"); } It's doing nothing. 
      I was thinking I could work out something with this example but I would need the above test to be working first anyway...
      $this->pages->addHookAfter('changed', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->object; $change = $event->arguments(0); if($page->template == 'boat_vessel' && $change == 'manufacturer') { // execute some code } }); But what? How do I refresh the models field?
      Is there a way to do this in the field settings? I would think in the custom PHP textarea that `return $page->manufacturer->children();` would work but it doesn't. 
    • By hellomoto
      mamo_length_ft is not a field. I don't see it anywhere in the database neither. Where could this possibly be stemming from?