gebeer

Find all fields that are multi language

gebeer    621

Hello,

I would like to find all fields that are multi-language.

My code

$langFields = new FieldsArray;
foreach ($fields as $f) {
	if($f->type instanceof FieldtypePageTitleLanguage || $f->type instanceof FieldtypeTextareaLanguage || $f->type instanceof FieldtypeTextLanguage) {
		$langFields->add($f);
	}
}

Is there a more generic way of how I can determine whether a field is multi language, other than checking  "$f->type instanceof" for all three fieldtypes?

BitPoet    1,184

Untested, but every multi language field class should implement FieldtypeLanguageInterface, which you should be able to check for using instanceof.

if($f->type instanceof FieldtypeLanguageInterface) $langFields->add($f);
  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By abdus
      Based on this forum post, I wanted to find a more elegant solution for changing a field's settings per template. Hooking the page editor after it generates the form works and may still be needed for more complex modifications. But using field & template context, it's easier to modify the field settings and it greatly reduces the need for creating an almost identical field just to adjust a few things.
      In my blog post, I've written on how to extend contextual options to allow any fieldtype / inputfield settings to be changed depending on the template. Hope you find it useful, and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here.
      https://abdus.co/blog/doing-more-with-fewer-fields-in-processwire/
    • By MilenKo
      Hello all. I know it might sound silly, but wanted to check how are you guys proceeding if in the theme development you have a need of some fields that are repeating in several templates. For example, I am having an image field that can be used as the site logo in "Settings" template or as to show the page image in the markup of the inner page template or else. I am aware, that if I leave the resizing in the markup, than the field can be used on multiple templates, but the field has some specific label/description, notes and/or placeholder that would be not-related. 
      Sticking to the logo example, I have a label saying: Add your logo image here. So if I use the same field for something else, the same text would show while editing the new next page calling for image.
      How are you guys taking care of this? Are you creating specific fields for every aspect of your theme or there are some tricks I am missing in the big picture?
      P.S. Besides the descriptive text of the field some might require to have a single image and some an array (e.g. you don't need to upload multiple logos, unless you want to randomize or call one based on some criterias, but for a gallery - sure I would have multiple)
    • By muco
      Hi guys,
      let's assume I'm developing a site (custom theme with custom fields) for my customer, where he can list any articles. For example: Article1 -> item1, item2, item3, item4, etc... Each item is a textfield. 
      Now if I want to add a new item, in this example item5, then I have to clone an existing field in the admin panel and also add this field to pagefile with PHP. If there would be 100 items, do I really have to clone an existing field and add this field to PHP code everytime? 
      But my main question is: if my customer want's to add a new item (on the admin panel with own user), is there a way that he can clone an existing field (item) and edit the text inside and publish this field on the site, without customizing with PHP?
    • By holmescreek
      I've been trying to figure a way to output the values of several fields within a single repeater using a foreach() without having to reference the name of the fields.
      Typically, for repeaters, I understand you would do foreach($repeater_field as $afield) { echo $afield->fieldname_a; } pretty straight forward.
      Anyways, what I'm doing is using a single repeater as just a container for other fields.
      I've tried using $page->my_repeater->getArray(), then looping through the array, and all sorts of methods, without luck. It seems I must specify the field name for output.
      For instance, my (single) repeater is set up to hold a few different fields:
      my_repeater
      field_a field_b field_c Trying to output it using something like this:
      foreach($page->my_repeater as $afield) {      echo $afield->value;   // I'm not wanting to have the reference the field name e.g. use $afield->field_a }  
      Any suggestions?

• By bmacnaughton
      I would like to be able to fetch the labels for fields in a language different than the current logged in user.
      For field values that's easy 
      // p is page, l is language, and f is field $p->getLanguageValue($l, $f); I'm looking for something like
      $fields->getLanguageValue('en', 'length'); The only solution I know of is to save the current user language, iterate through the languages by setting the user language and fetching the value, and then restore the user language.