Find all fields that are multi language

I would like to find all fields that are multi-language.

My code

$langFields = new FieldsArray;
foreach ($fields as $f) {
	if($f->type instanceof FieldtypePageTitleLanguage || $f->type instanceof FieldtypeTextareaLanguage || $f->type instanceof FieldtypeTextLanguage) {

Is there a more generic way of how I can determine whether a field is multi language, other than checking  "$f->type instanceof" for all three fieldtypes?

Untested, but every multi language field class should implement FieldtypeLanguageInterface, which you should be able to check for using instanceof.

if($f->type instanceof FieldtypeLanguageInterface) $langFields->add($f);
  • Like 2

Thanks a lot. I just tested this and it brings the desired results.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peter Knight
      A minor gripe but one that trips me up every time.
      When there's naming error on a field, ALL the field values are erased and I have to setup everything again. IE name, type, label and descriptions details and sometimes notes.
      Would be really helpful if ProcessWire didn't zap all the values but just cleared the illegal field name. 

• By louisstephens
      I have been following @bernhard's great tutorial on creating a Dashboard and everything has very easy to understand so far. However, I need to add a select field that a template is using (so users can create a new page from the dashboard), but I am really at a complete lost on how to achieve this. I have been googling, but can't really find anything on the matter.
      $field = $this->modules->get('InputfieldSelect'); $field->name = "Select Manufacturer"; $field->findPagesSelector = "template=basic-page"; //not needed for select field $field->labelFieldName = "title"; $field->name = "Manufacturer Select"; $field->columnWidth = 34; $fieldset->add($field); I have the above code, which was originally an InputfieldPage, but since this is an options field, I have changed it. Has anyone actually gotten a select from a template (and its' values) in a module?
    • By mwjt42
      How do you include fields in Twig templates?
      Tried using {% $page->Title %}, but that creates an error.
    • By Livius
      Hello fellow Process wire Developers!
      Today i have encountered an issue using the repeater where I can't find out how to solve it therefore i am asking for help.
      To be specific, I am trying to get the "file" field working properly in the repeater but i couldn't find a way on how to assign a property of a field that is being used by the repeater.
      download_pdf is the name of the field that i want to access properties from.
      What i wished i could do was something like $download->download_pdf.size or $download->download_pdf->name, something like that but obviously these didn't work
      Hope there is a solution and thanks in advance!
      Best wishes,

• By eangulo
      I passed through a lot of documentation about selectors and a few post in the forum but and I did not find my answer so I'll try here :).
      Question: Is there a way to find pages that have a certain field attached to his template ?
      Use case:
      // Site structure Products Computers Computer #1 (has field cached_details) Computer #2 (has field cached_details) Electronics Test #1 Pet Supplies Test #2 (has field cached_details but is empty) // If I want to get all children of page "products" that contains the field "cached_details" I would do something like this // $products => PageArray $results = $products->children("has_field=cached_details"); // or this $results = $products->children("cached_details!=null"); // Expected: $results would contains [Computer #1, Computer #2, Test #2] // Instead I have to do this $results = new PageArray(); foreach($products->children as $child) { if ($child->hasField("cached_details") === true) { $results->add($child); } }  
      Thank you in advance guys :),