gebeer

Find all fields that are multi language

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to find all fields that are multi-language.

My code

$langFields = new FieldsArray;
foreach ($fields as $f) {
	if($f->type instanceof FieldtypePageTitleLanguage || $f->type instanceof FieldtypeTextareaLanguage || $f->type instanceof FieldtypeTextLanguage) {
		$langFields->add($f);
	}
}

Is there a more generic way of how I can determine whether a field is multi language, other than checking  "$f->type instanceof" for all three fieldtypes?

Untested, but every multi language field class should implement FieldtypeLanguageInterface, which you should be able to check for using instanceof.

if($f->type instanceof FieldtypeLanguageInterface) $langFields->add($f);
2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brian Scramlin
      Hey!
      Quick question, 
      Should I limit how many find() methods I use on a single page? Is it fairly resource-intensive?
      I am getting consistent 
      2006 MySQL server has gone away errors and have followed all the suggestions I can find, but wonder if I am just "overloading" my server resources with database requests or something like that?
      Thank you!
    • By nbcommunication
      Hi,
      I'm sure this is maybe in the works already, given that findMany() is a recent addition to the API, but having this (and the other new find options) available to $users would be a great addition.
      Cheers,
      Chris
      NB Communication

• By neonwired
      I have a category template and each page can be associated with multiple categories using a page field type.
      i have this in php : - 
      $categories = $pages->find("template=category, limit=6"); I want to sort the results by the amount of pages each category has, is there a way to do this in a selector or is there a better way of doing this?

• By Marcel Stäheli
      Hello
      if have a few article pages that have a multi-page reference field with tags about the content of the article. All tags of a given page are displayed and link to a tag-overview page.
      Every link has a query string added with the tag name like &tag=cars so that I know which articles have to be displayed on the tag-overview page,
      The tag name is created using $tag->name. Since the website is multi language using German (default) and English, I use $page->localName($language) to get the localized page name . The code looks like this:
      foreach($tags as $tag) { $tagsMarkup .= "<a href='" . wire('pages')->get('/tags-overview/')->url . "?tag=" . $tag->localName(wire('user')->language) . "'>" . $tag->title . "</a>, "; }
      The code works mostly fine, but when a page has the same name in both languages, the query string will have no value just ?tag=. Why?

A second problem that might be tied to the first:
      Once on that tags-overview page, I check if the tag actually exists using:

$allTags = $pages->get("/tags/")->children); if($allTags->has("name=$tag") {...} But as I read on the forum (https://processwire.com/talk/topic/2979-multi-language-page-names-urls/?page=6) that only checks for name in the default language. It was suggested to use $page->parent->path . "pageNameEnglish" but I'm not sure where and how to use it in my case.
      Any help?

• By xxxlogiatxxx
      Hey guys. Need some little help for a newbie. How can i foreach all possible values from existing field of a child template into select form? Trying like this but it showing me results from created pages and their fields.
      $fields = $page->find("template=item, sort=item_type"); echo "<select>"; foreach($fields as $item) { echo " <option>{$item->item_type->title}</option> "; } echo "</select>";