Blank "Modules" page

bruno

Hi there

I installed Processwire and like it very much. @community: Thank you!

Everything works well, now I want to set up a multilingual site. Therefore I want to use the Module that comes with the installation.

When I click to the «Modules» Tab a completely blank page is shown. 

In the Adminzone all the other Items are followed by a number – after «Modules» there is no such number:

post-2672-0-27811500-1410509955_thumb.pn

What can I do to get access to the modules?

In .htaccess I had to comment the following Lines (If I let just one single line of these uncommented, I get a «500 – Internal Server Error» and Processwire doesn't work at all ):

# Options -Indexes
# Options +FollowSymLinks
# Options +SymLinksifOwnerMatch

# <IfModule mod_php5.c>
#   php_flag magic_quotes_gpc      off
#   php_flag magic_quotes_sybase off
#   php_flag register_globals           off
# </IfModule>

Thank you for your help.

In the Adminzone all the other Items are followed by a number – after «Modules» there is no such number

This is how it it supposed to be that way, so no worries. The number is an indication how many children are in that folder. In the Top bar there's a button [module], click that and you'll see the Modules.

Just to be sure, can you press "edit" on the right of that "Modules" page in the tree? It should go to the same URL that Martijn pointed, but just to check. My guess is that something went wrong with the install. Maybe you can install it one more time to see if you get he same problem.

Did you checked your error log ?

In the the folder site > assets > logs

• Like 1

It has multiple lines saying (date/time changes):

–––

2014-09-12 09:28:57 ? http://www.klauser-design.ch/pw/?/ Error: Exception: DirectoryIterator::__construct(/mnt/sites/klauser-design.ch/web/pw/wire/modules/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory (in /mnt/sites/klauser-design.ch/web/pw/wire/core/Modules.php line 354)
–––

Line 354 in this specific file is:
–––
$dir = new DirectoryIterator($path); 
–––

@diogo:
– thanks for the hint about the error log
– same result with the «edit»-button next to the «Modules»-page

I am not really sure, but PW 2.5 is just moments away from being released: https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/commits/dev

So I would say grab a copy of that, do a fresh install and see if that works for you. If not, then we'll figure out what is going on with your particular setup.

And sorry for the rough start - this is highly unusual :)

• Like 1

Hi there, I'm back.

Today I downloaded the new version 2.5.0 of processwire and tried to install it on the server.

Everthing went well until the following step:

post-2672-0-74244900-1410726938_thumb.pn

All requirements are confirmed as fulfilled, so I clicked «Continue >». And there it is again: A blank screen.

The website nor the admin-site are accessible: A blank sceen there as well.

The folder /site/assets/logs/ is empty.

What's wrong?

(Is it possible, that the installation process runs a script that needs more than 16MB of memory? (I remember, when I had a look at ImpressPages, I had to manually give a specific php-script more memory with the «memory_limit = 32M» command. Otherwise I had a «Fatal Error»)

@catstevensjunior: I'm pretty sure I entered the password. To make the screenshot I went back to the last visible page with the back-button of the browser, that's why these field are empty in the screenshot. And I think, processwire is wise enough to check if there is a password.

@SiNNut: Isn't it strange, that I didn't receive a fatal error message? In the case described with ImpressPages, the message showed me the file that is causing the memory overflow, so I knew exactly where to put the command. Do you know where I have to set the 64MB? Do I have to put it to my .htaccess file (php_value memory_limit 64Mor is there a specific file to put the command in?

Thank you for your replies. 

Set the php memory_limit in .htaccess doesn't work. I get a «500 - Internal Server Error».

This probably means your server runs in CGI/FastCGI. When this is the case you can't use PHP value or flag commands inside a .htaccess file. Doing so will probably result in the 500 error you are getting.

There are other options.

Sometimes you can set these values from your control panel that sits on the server. If you can edit php.ini manually that would also be a good way, and most common. Another way you could try is setting

ini_set('memory_limit', '64M');

inside PW's index.php file. Not sure if this would work though.

And of course, you can always contact the hoster.

PS did you have a look in your apache error logs??

• Like 2

Memory overflow seems not to be the source of the problem.

Since the last screen that is displayed properly has the hint about clean up/delete unnecessary files, I guessed that there might be a problem with permissions. Tired of installing and uninstalling, I changed the entire folder of Processwire and its subfolders and files to 777 to sort out an eventual permission-problem – Hip hip hurray, it works now. (Of course I switched the permissions back to the usual values after the installation – Until now, no problem occurred.)

I think there must be something wrong with the installation process: Is it possible that the script that finishes the installation tries to delete the files, shown in my screenshot, although it has detected them as «not writable/deletable by this installer» and doesn't get over these commands? From my point of view, the checkboxes before the list should be unchecked.

Just a guess.

That's all folks!