ProcessWire Bootstrap 3.1 initializr template

gebeer

Hi there,

today I was playing around with Bootstrap 3.1 and PW.

I downloaded a boilerplate template for Bootstrap3.1 from initializr.

Then I took a virgin PW 2.4 install and merged the initializr files with the files in PW template folder.

I didn't touch any of the content and tried to replicate the site-default template as close as possible with Bootstrap markup.

Only thing I added is a carousel instead of the random image.

The result is a default PW install with Bootstrap look.

For the main menu, I took Damienov's rendering function from here.

To install my template:

1. Do a default PW 2.4 install

2. Unzip the attached file

3. Replace the original site/templates folder with the one from the attached zip file.

The result can be seen here: http://pwboot.webseiten-fuer-alle.de/

templates.zip

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

Hi

(now editing my original question:)

I know this is an old thread and most interest is around newer broswers, tho i'm new to PW and needing ie8 support hence liking this theme a lot. oneproblem is it displays differently across firefox (41) - navbar inline as expected - compared with chrome (45) and ie8-11 - navbar right and search navbar-form both sit underneath the navbar-brand and the search form is ?page width. reproduced this on 2 machines.

borrowing from the bootstrap docs one fix is replacing the <form> code in site/templates/head.inc line 67... to this:

<form class="navbar-form navbar-right" role="form" id='search_form' action='<?php echo $config->urls->root?>search/' method='get' >
   <span class="form-group form-inline">
      <input type='text' name='q' id='search_query' class="form-control" value='<?php echo htmlentities($input->whitelist('q'), ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'); ?>' />
      <button type='submit' id='search_submit' class="btn btn-default"><!--span class="glyphicon glyphicon-search"></span-->Search</button>
   </span>      
</form>
  • Like 1

@mike_b

thanks for posting this fix here.

Actually I never had used this profile for a site that required IE8 compatibility. So I never tested for that.

For quite some time now I am using my other, more advanced Bootstrap 3 SASS Fontawesome Blank Site Profile.

This one I abandoned in favour of the SASS version which gives much more flexibility and up to date framework code.