Quick note about this site, it's just been re-launched as a 'V2' after an additional 90 hrs of work on it...

http://ohmspeaker.com/

mostly a lot of refactoring of code, finding better, more efficient ways of doing things, both in frontend and admin...I had about 2 years of good reading–the forum–between the initial launch and when the refactor started... <_<

Thanks to pro modules like Table and Lister Pro, the management interface is fast, and easy for the company management to maintain.

With 4 separate product lines to manage (Speakers, Legacy Products, B-Stock and Home Theater), Lister pro has streamlined this–the agile ajax interface is truly unparalleled amongst ecommercce systems for adding and editing hundreds of products.

The news system has been expanded and enhanced with xml feeds, category/tag/archive filters, author profile, and other enhancements.

The product search was converted from a server side search to a completely Javascript based filter, using html5 pushstate, and graphical sliders.

The category overview pages filter the products as opposed to being separate pages, reducing page loads.

Product pages are more intuitive, with better veneer picker, and other javascript enhancements.

• Like 6

Very nice - love the filter tool!

Also - great to see the mention of PW on the credits page: http://ohmspeaker.com/credits/

Just one quick thing - the link to badasstheme.com on that page is broken.

@adrian - many thanks, i fixed the credits!

the filter is awesome! do you have some insights on this for us? :)

What order management system are you using with Foxycart? Orderdesk? Or a custom solution?

They are actually not using anything other than the stock Foxycart admin; Though i did setup Orderdesk and it looks great, but i don't think they ever used it.

the filter is awesome! do you have some insights on this for us? :)

@BernhardB - thanks for checking it out!

The filter is really dead simple..

1.) jQuery Datatable with custom filters, using PW page IDs as data attributes on the cells, e.g. data-filter="1234"

2.) when you change any of the filters, there is an onchange trigger to redraw the table with the filter;

3.) change some numerical inputs to the sliders

4.) empty divs above the table, one for each filter type, and those are populated at the same time when the filters change

• Like 3

Yes - good find, that was the model i used for setting up the range filtering..

$.fn.dataTable.ext.search.push(
    function( settings, data, dataIndex ) {
        var distance 	= parseInt( $('#search_distance').val(), 10 );
        var distmax 	= parseFloat( data[3] ) || 0; // use data for the distance column

if(
        	isNaN( distance )
        	||
        	distance <= distmax
		)
        {
            return true;
        }
        return false;
    }
);

and i'm using the ion rangeslider, which after testing a few different ones seemed to work best

• Like 2

thank you - i hope i will get a job where i need this one day :D

• Like 1

hi macrura,

just visited your site again because i may need something similar. as i did lots of work with datatables recently i saw you might want to add scrollx to your table as it is not 100% visible on very small screens: https://datatables.net/examples/basic_init/scroll_x.html

maybe you are already checking for mobile devices. i just checked with chrome window resize ;)

i thought i made the tables all collapse to vertical on mobile - which table isn't visible?

oh, thanks - yeah, didn't get around to doing the 'collapsable' rows on that page - thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Great job! but this is not very safe.. 

Unbenannt111.thumb.PNG.e482921b3cc0c83c01d4b8ea6482e7b8.PNG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Markus Thomas
      One of my first projects with ProcessWire.
      Online for a while, but still up to date and currently new features are being developed again.
      The most interesting feature of the site is the integration of the external tool and the PDF creation of the registration form with integrated API connection to always be able to directly output the most current dates.

External Service:
      SEMCO ( https://www.semcosoft.com/de/ )
      Used Modules:
      HannahCode Pages2PDF AIOM+ MarkupSitemap XML and some others In Development:
      Shop with Padloper Site: https://www.school-dynamic.de/
      At this point I like to say Processwire makes it so easy for me to solve even more complicated tasks and get impressive results. Because I must confess, my PHP skills are unfortunately not yet where I would like to be.  

• By Markus Thomas
      My wife loves to cook, and I always like to further my knowledge around Processwire. So I thought I'll build a small page with the some small function to learn something.
      Used modules:
      ProMailer RepeaterMatrix Pages2PDF AIOM and some other litte modules Current functions:
      JSON-LD for recipes and page search Automatic ingredient calculation when changing the number of servings Creation of a PDF of the recipe Basic PWA (here is something to do, actually) Planned functions:
      a lot 😉  
      Site: https://www.dothiscookingthing.de

• By benbyf
      https://www.tandc.games/
      New website for my games design company. We're currently working on Grace Hopper: Bug Rescue about computer science history, check it out and let me know if you have any suggestions for historic characters or topics/hardware.
      Built with PW, and is heavy built upon my other website https://www.ethicalby.design/ basically taking it as a base and building on it.

• By kongondo
      Announcing the current status, planned release, roadmap and preview of Padloper 2.
      Status
      Feature freeze. Full multilingual support. Only PHP 7.2+ supported. Support for ProcessWire 3.0 only. Backend support for modern browsers only (that support JavaScript ES6 modules). Current Work
      Finish work on admin/backend. Work on installer and uninstaller (including configurable availability of some features). Work on UI/UX improvements. Start work on documentation with special focus on technical documentation. Continue work on Padloper API and data/model component. Roadmap
      Please note that these ARE NOT hard and fast targets. The roadmap may have to be adjusted to accommodate technical and non-technical constraints.
      Q1 2021
      Inbuilt support for (latest) PayPal (full rewrite, no external modules required). Additional work on Padloper API. Invite a limited number of early alpha testers (fully-priced product). Soft and closed release of Padloper 2.
      Q2 2021
      Start work on relaunch of Padloper website. Inbuilt support for Stripe (no external modules required). Future Plans
      Support for more Payment Gateways. Support for order, customers, etc imports and exports. Support for AdminThemeReno and AdminThemeDefault. Separate fully-featured frontend shop module. Consider support for multiple currencies. FAQ
      1. Have you abandoned this project? 
      No.
      2. When will Padloper 2 be released?
      First early alpha release is scheduled for Q1 2021. This target may change depending on circumstances! Access will be by invite only for this first release.
      3. What is the pricing model of Padloper 2? 
      Three licences: Single Site, Developer and Agency licences (12 months’ updates and VIP support).
      4. How much will Padloper 2 Cost?
      No price has been set yet. It will cost more than Padloper 1.
      5. Can we upgrade from Padloper 1?
      No.
      6. Will existing users of Padloper 1 get a discount for Padloper 2?
      No, this will not be possible. Apologies for the earlier announcement. It was unrealistic and unworkable.
      7. Can we pay for Padloper 2 in advance?
      No.
      8. Does Padloper 2 render markup/templates in the frontend?
      No. Access to all data you need to build your shop’s frontend is via the Padloper API.
      9. Can we keep sending you ‘Are we there yet’ messages?
      No, please.

Preview
      Here is a video preview of the current state of the backend/admin of Padloper 2. Please note the following:
      This is early alpha. There are bugs! It even includes WIP/notes!! FOUC, misaligned things, etc. The video shows the near-raw implementation of Vuetify UI. The UI/UX improvements work is yet to start. What you see here is the development version.  Some of the incomplete features may not be available in the early releases. Most of the features you see will be optional to install.  

• By Jeannette
      Hello Fellows,

I have a wonderful webshop, using PL and Padopt, a module developed by Julien Vaubourg and highlighted in ProcessWire Newsletter. Here is our shop: cheval-ami.fr
      I am looking for a new developer, helping me to keep the shop smooth and up to date.
      We would like to improve automated invoicing and worldwide shipping, getting DHL integrated and give people the possibility to create their personal accounts and be the nicest shop in the equine industry. We are still a young company, working all in german, english and french. We are very interested in a long time, kind and friendly relationship without any stress, but reliable reactivity in case of urgency. 
      We are based in Hamburg and near Paris and would prefere to work with somebody who is available to catch up around a table, at least sometimes.
      Contact: mail@cheval-ami.fr or +33 626 22 1000 or +49 170 20 28 215
      Thank you, Have a beautiful day,
      Jeannette