Wanze

Pages2Pdf

Is it possible to include child pages in the PDF??

I have created a pricelist and each item of the pricelist is a single page. On the pricelist template I output all child pages with a foreach loop. The result is my pricing table.

Unfortunately on the PDF the content of the child pages is not visible, so I have an empty page.

I've not used the Pages2PDF module by now, but you can use the WirePDF module, which is part of the installation, to render any html content you pass to it. 

• Like 1

Thanks LostKobrakai. Thats a quite good idea to try it out.

Is it possible to include child pages in the PDF??

I have created a pricelist and each item of the pricelist is a single page. On the pricelist template I output all child pages with a foreach loop. The result is my pricing table.

Unfortunately on the PDF the content of the child pages is not visible, so I have an empty page.

You have the full ProcessWire API available in your Pages2Pdf templates.

Did you output the children also in the template inside "site/templates/pages2pdf"? If so, they should appear in the PDF files.

Only problem I can think of is that the PDF enginge can't handle your markup, you might need to simplify the HTML. But for testing purposes, you can also just list the prices-pages in a simple list. If it does still not work, please post the content of your pages2pdf "pricelist" template.

Cheers

• Like 1

Did you output the children also in the template inside "site/templates/pages2pdf"? If so, they should appear in the PDF files.

This was the problem. I have forgotten to include the child pages template. Thanks Wanze

• Like 1

Hi Wanze,

thanks for this cool module! this really did save some headscratching for a current project I'm working on.

Do you have a tip how I can include my ./template/_init.php file for the "pdf"template? I need to use some vars that are declared site-wide in this _init.php file.

I'm sure this can easily be achived, esp. after seeing that there's a hookable createPDF function… but I'm not sure how this "prepend file to template" would be addressed…? Sorry if this is something totally obvious, I'd glady take a rtfm link, as well ;-)

cheers
Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks. Simplest solution would be to include the file inside your PDF templates, like this:

// We are in a template file under /site/templates/pages2pdf/, include /site/templates/_init.php
include('../_init.php');

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi,

ok, I forgot to mention that I need to use some of the "_init.php" vars in the _header/_footer.php inside ./pages2pdf.

I tried to include the _init there, and then in the template as you suggested, but a simple var_dump for one of the "_init" variables returns empty.

to give you a bit of background; I use thiis approach: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/10447-using-translatable-strings-across-template-files/#entry99012

for the template translation thing, but somehow the templates inside pages2pdf are ignorant of the "_string.php" file.

I have some "translateble" strings in _header/footer.php, but they're ignorant of the translations. :-)

cheers

Tom

UPDATE: Ok, after some more debugging I see that the  include_once('../_init.php') works like you presumed, the vars are there. something else must interfer with the translation thing, at least it is not caused by a not-working include. sorry for the bother.

UPDATE 2: After even more debugging and testing; the _init needs to be included in all three php files: _header.php, page.php, _footer.php - it seems to be scoped to that file alone where it is included. I somehow was expectng that the incude in the _header.php alone would be enough, but after reflecting how the PDF is looking -- where _header and _footer are repeated on every "page" of the PDF -- it makes sense that this didn't work out. However, I think having three identical includes that are repeatetly called during the creation of the PDF is not really the best way to go about this, even if it now works… :-) ?

• Like 1

@Webrocker

Glad it works for you!

However, I think having three identical includes that are repeatetly called during the creation of the PDF is not really the best way to go about this, even if it now works…  :-) ?

I don't see a problem here if your include does not do some heavy stuff, in this case you should cache the results. But I think there's no easy alternative... ProcessWire does the same for you in the background when you're using the prependTemplate file option, it is just included "automaticaly" in every ProcessWire template. I could check if this setting is enabled and include the prepended file in the background, but this might not be desired in another situation :)

WirePdf's $pdf->mpdf doesn't return the mpdf instance for me and a quick look through the code seems to confirm that. 

• Like 1

had also problems with that so i included it manually... i thought i was doing something wrong with those instructions of the module's page

For advanced usage, you can also get the mPDF instance from the module:

$pdf = $modules->get('WirePDF');
// Get mPDF instance
$mpdf = $pdf->mpdf;
// Set back mPDF instance
$pdf->mpdf = $mpdf;

Hi Wanze,

It looks like the current version of this can't be installed using PW's built-in by class name feature, because it tries to install Pages2df before WirePDF. It works fine if you use the URL option and point it to the zip on Github though because that way it downloads and extracts and shows you both modules with the option to install WirePDF.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the information. Do you know if I can solve this somehow? Seems like ProcessWire should look for the missing dependency as well when using the classname installation-mode, but I'm not sure if this is easy possible.

Cheers

Edit: Thanks LostKobrakai for opening the issue

You could switch dependencies, where Pages2Pdf installs WirePDF, instead of requiring it to be installed previously.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This is a bug. It should work if you add $this->initPDF() before this line: https://github.com/wanze/Pages2Pdf/blob/master/WirePDF.module#L91

I will fix it and update the module.

Cheers

That's really a bigger thing, as the whole mpdf instance is being overwritten on save, if one is using pageOrientation or something other "constructor argument".

Hi there,

I can't guarantee that this is an issue with pages2pdf, but let me point to my last Forum post : https://processwire.com/talk/topic/11065-urlsegment-issue-string-vs-integer/

Footer inclusion seems to mess things up. Maybe I'm missing something, though. If so, I'm sorry. (It sounds surprising that I would be the only one facing such a problem).

It would be a nice addition if one could directly use mpdf's functions on the wirepdf module instead of retrieving and setting the mpdf instance every time one does need a native functionality.

I'm having problem with this module not using translations in template __("Text"). It's always default language for those strings. 

Ah sorry, I forgot that the pages2pdf template aren't translated yet :)

That's really a bigger thing, as the whole mpdf instance is being overwritten on save, if one is using pageOrientation or something other "constructor argument".

I removed the check to constructor arguments with the latest release on the dev branch. However, you always need to set the config options before saving the PDF file.

It would be a nice addition if one could directly use mpdf's functions on the wirepdf module instead of retrieving and setting the mpdf instance every time one does need a native functionality.

This feature is available on the dev branch, you should now be able to call any method on the mPDF instance directly trough WirePDF (as long as the method does not exist as public method on WirePDF already). Technically setting back the mPDF instance was not needed before, I removed this from the ReadMe.

If you find any time to get a copy from the dev branch and check if everything works for you, that would be great! :)

Cheers

• Like 2

Where to direct a custom PDF File Path in the WirePDF config to, e.g. for folder templates? Don t get it running.

@Spica,

I don't understand your question, are you trying to set the path to the template that defines the markup of the PDF?

$pdf = $modules->get('WirePDF');
$pdf->markupMain = $config->paths->templates . 'pdf_template.php';

Sorry, typing error. I meant the CSS File Path in the WirePDF config mask declared with "Enter path and filename of a CSS file containing default styles to be used by mPDF for the HTML markup" for substituting the templates/pages2pdf/styles.css.

e.g ../../templates/vendor/my.css, or templates/vendor/my.css does not succeed.

I think you need the full path to the file, e.g. /var/www/mysite/site/templates/myCss.css

If you don't know the path, check the output of "$config->paths->templates".

Let me know if it still does not work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d'Hinnisdaël
      Happy new year, everybody 🥬
      I've been sitting on this Dashboard module I made for a client and finally came around to cleaning it up and releasing it to the wider public. This is how it looks.
      ProcessWire Dashboard

If anyone is interested in trying this out, please go ahead! I'd love to get some feedback on it. If this proves useful and survives some real-world testing, I'll add this to the module directory.
      Download
      You can find the latest release on Github.
      Documentation
      Check out the documentation to get started. This is where you'll find information about included panel types and configuration options.
      Custom Panels
      My goal was to make it really simple to create custom panels. The easiest way to do that is to use the panel type template and have it render a file in your templates folder. This might be enough for 80% of all use cases. For anything more complex (FormBuilder submissions? Comments? Live chat?), you can add new panel types by creating modules that extend the DashboardPanel base class. Check out the documentation on custom panels or take a look at the HelloWorld panel to get started. I'm happy to merge any user-created modules into the main repo if they might be useful to more than a few people.
       Disclaimer
      This is a pre-release version. Please treat it as such — don't install it on production sites. Just making sure 🍇
      Roadmap
      These are the things I'm looking to implement myself at some point. The wishlist is a lot longer, but those are the 80/20 items that I probably won't regret spending time on.
      Improve documentation & add examples ⚙️ Panel types Google Analytics ⚙️ Add new page  🔥 Drafts 🔥 At a glance / Page counter 404s  Layout options Render multiple tabs per panel panel groups with heading and spacing between ✅ panel wrappers as grid item (e.g. stacked notices) ✅ Admin themes support AdminThemeReno and AdminThemeDefault ✅ Shortcuts panel add a table layout with icon, title & summary ✅ Chart panel add default styles for common chart types ✅ load chart data from JS file (currently passed as PHP array) Collection panel support image columns ✅ add buttons: view all & add new ✅
    • By Pip
      Hi everyone!
      I'm trying out the Login/Register module for my site. Noted that the module assigns the newly registered user to login-register role. 
      Once you modify the login-register role's permissions, particularly adding page-edit, the new member role will be set to guest. 
      Thing is I'd like to grant my new users the power to create their own pages. Any advice? 
      Thanks. 
    • By Gadgetto
      SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire
      Snipcart is a powerful 3rd party, developer-first HTML/JavaScript shopping cart platform. SnipWire is the missing link between Snipcart and the content management framework ProcessWire.
      With SnipWire, you can quickly turn any ProcessWire site into a Snipcart online shop. The SnipWire plugin helps you to get your store up and running in no time. Detailed knowledge of the Snipcart system is not required.
      SnipWire is free and open source licensed under Mozilla Public License 2.0! A lot of work and effort has gone into development. It would be nice if you could donate an amount to support further development:

Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development
      2020-07-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.7 (beta) released! Fixes some small bugs and adds an indicator for TEST mode 2020-04-06 -- SnipWire 0.8.6 (beta) released! Adds support for Snipcart subscriptions and also fixes some problems 2020-03-21 -- SnipWire 0.8.5 (beta) released! Improves SnipWires webhooks interface and provides some other fixes and additions 2020-03-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.4 (beta) released! Improves compatibility for Windows based Systems. 2020-03-01 -- SnipWire 0.8.3 (beta) released! The installation and uninstallation process has been heavily revised. 2020-02-08 -- SnipWire 0.8.2 (beta) released! Added a feature to change the cart and catalogue currency by GET, POST or SESSION param 2020-02-03 -- SnipWire 0.8.1 (beta) released! All custom classes moved into their own namespaces. 2020-02-01 -- SnipWire is now available via ProcessWire's module directory! 2020-01-30 -- SnipWire 0.8.0 (beta) first public release! (module just submitted to the PW modules directory) 2020-01-28 -- added Custom Order Fields feature (first SnipWire release version is near!) 2020-01-21 -- Snipcart v3 - when will the new cart system be implemented? 2020-01-19 -- integrated taxes provider finished (+ very flexible shipping taxes handling) 2020-01-14 -- new date range picker, discount editor, order notifiactions, order statuses, and more ... 2019-11-15 -- orders filter, order details, download + resend invoices, refunds 2019-10-18 -- list filters, REST API improvements, new docs platform, and more ... 2019-08-08 -- dashboard interface, currency selector, managing Orders, Customers and Products, Added a WireTabs, refinded caching behavior 2019-06-15 -- taxes provider, shop templates update, multiCURL implementation, and more ... 2019-06-02 -- FieldtypeSnipWireTaxSelector 2019-05-25 -- SnipWire will be free and open source Plugin Key Features
      Fast and simple store setup Full integration of the Snipcart dashboard into the ProcessWire backend (no need to leave the ProcessWire admin area) Browse and manage orders, customers, discounts, abandoned carts, and more Multi currency support Custom order and cart fields Process refunds and send customer notifications from within the ProcessWire backend Process Abandoned Carts + sending messages to customers from within the ProcessWire backend Complete Snipcart webhooks integration (all events are hookable via ProcessWire hooks) Integrated taxes provider (which is more flexible then Snipcart own provider) Useful Links
      SnipWire in PW modules directory SnipWire Docs (please note that the documentation is a work in progress) SnipWire @GitHub (feature requests and suggestions for improvement are welcome - I also accept pull requests) Snipcart Website  

---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----

• By Sten
      Hello
      Till now I hacked something with the twig template but it works no more with new PW versions so I look forward to create a module. I am working on a site in multiple languages : French, English, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Russian. The new posts are entered in any language with a field for language. Till now, I got twig files to get the translations with constants defined for each part of the pages.
      So I'd like to create a module to include theses files added according to the url /fr/en/...
      Have you some observations to do before I begin about the direction to take ?
      Thank you
    • By ukyo
      Mystique Module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF
      Github repo : https://github.com/trk/Mystique
      Mystique module allow you to create dynamic fields and store dynamic fields data on database by using a config file.
      Requirements
      ProcessWire 3.0 or newer PHP 7.0 or newer FieldtypeMystique InputfieldMystique Installation
      Install the module from the modules directory:
      Via Composer:
      composer require trk/mystique Via git clone:
      cd your-processwire-project-folder/ cd site/modules/ git clone https://github.com/trk/Mystique.git Module in live reaction with your Mystique config file
      This mean if you remove a field from your config file, field will be removed from edit screen. As you see on youtube video.
      Using Mystique with your module or use different configs path, autoload need to be true for modules
      Default configs path is site/templates/configs/, and your config file name need to start with Mystique. and need to end with .php extension.
      Adding custom path not supporting anymore !
      // Add your custom path inside your module class`init` function, didn't tested outside public function init() { $path = __DIR__ . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . 'configs' . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR; Mystique::add($path); } Mystique module will search site/modules/**/configs/Mystique.*.php and site/templates/Mystique.*.php paths for Mystique config files.
      All config files need to return a PHP ARRAY like examples.
      Usage almost same with ProcessWire Inputfield Api, only difference is set and showIf usage like on example.
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; /** * Resource : testing-mystique */ return [ 'title' => __('Testing Mystique'), 'fields' => [ 'text_field' => [ 'label' => __('You can use short named types'), 'description' => __('In file showIf working like example'), 'notes' => __('Also you can use $input->set() method'), 'type' => 'text', 'showIf' => [ 'another_text' => "=''" ], 'set' => [ 'showCount' => InputfieldText::showCountChars, 'maxlength' => 255 ], 'attr' => [ 'attr-foo' => 'bar', 'attr-bar' => 'foo' ] ], 'another_text' => [ 'label' => __('Another text field (default type is text)') ] ] ]; Example:
      site/templates/configs/Mystique.seo-fields.php <?php namespace ProcessWire; /** * Resource : seo-fields */ return [ 'title' => __('Seo fields'), 'fields' => [ 'window_title' => [ 'label' => __('Window title'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXT, // or InputfieldText 'useLanguages' => true, 'attr' => [ 'placeholder' => __('Enter a window title') ] ], 'navigation_title' => [ 'label' => __('Navigation title'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXT, // or InputfieldText 'useLanguages' => true, 'showIf' => [ 'window_title' => "!=''" ], 'attr' => [ 'placeholder' => __('Enter a navigation title') ] ], 'description' => [ 'label' => __('Description for search engines'), 'type' => Mystique::TEXTAREA, 'useLanguages' => true ], 'page_tpye' => [ 'label' => __('Type'), 'type' => Mystique::SELECT, 'options' => [ 'basic' => __('Basic page'), 'gallery' => __('Gallery'), 'blog' => __('Blog') ] ], 'show_on_nav' => [ 'label' => __('Display this page on navigation'), 'type' => Mystique::CHECKBOX ] ] ]; Searching data on Mystique field is limited. Because, Mystique saving data to database in json format. When you make search for Mystique field, operator not important. Operator will be changed with %= operator.
      Search example
      $navigationPages = pages()->find('my_mystique_field.show_on_nav=1'); $navigationPages = pages()->find('my_mystique_field.page_tpye=gallery');