onjegolders

Best place to advertise for small agency partner?

Hi guys,

Was wondering if any of you had any recommendations for where to advertise for a small agency partner?

Ideally someone who's preferred area is graphic design/logos, though not necessarily.

The idea is to be part of a two or three man/woman team working with small/medium-sized companies throughout the Midlands/Cotswolds area.

Currently have an office in Solihull.

Obviously advertising on here too, in case there are any interested parties! :)

Any thoughts/ pointers would be appreciated.

Local Job Centre (if our experience is anything to go by) will get you loads of graphic designer applicants.

The company I work for (which does mainly print advertising) needed a GD about 9 months ago and we had dozens of applicants of varying skill levels and with experience in a range of fields. The lad we were replacing went on to do web stuff elsewhere and I know from shortlisting/interviewing the applicants that some of them had at least an interest in web design.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I am not a graphic designer.

However, if you need a serious copywriter and composer with 35 years in advertising......

(and you don't mind a remote worker)

• Like 1

Joss, any client I've worked for so far has been in desperate need of a copywriter but the budgets seem to dictate otherwise!

Content really is king but it's often the thing that neither the client nor the designer seem to want to handle! If I have something come up, I'll definitely come to you.

Good tip Dave, thanks for that, will have a look at the local Job Centre as it's just over the road.

And Diogo, lucky you!

Hi Onjegolders

Yes, it is one of the things that has frustrated me enormously, particularly in recent years.

I know search engine optimisation is important, but so are returning visitors. So much emphasis is now put on hitting keywords that sites are often uncomfortable to read, products described badly, and there is a complete lack of one-to-one communication. 

Websites, like radio, are only talking to one visitor at a time; there is not a crowd of people looking at the website, there is lots of one persons.

Well, with any luck, you will get a client that says, "I want my site to sound like me," and are happy to pay for that. Then you can give me a call with pleasure.

Good luck mate.

• Like 2

Maybe you can look for them on dribbble . Maybe graphic design students in you area might help you. 

• Like 1

Thanks Philipp, almost by chance, I've been put in touch with a guy who's great with graphics and is looking for someone to turn their beautiful designs into gobbledygook code.

Will have to see how it pans out!

• Like 1

Thanks Philipp, almost by chance, I've been put in touch with a guy who's great with graphics and is looking for someone to turn their beautiful designs into gobbledygook code.

Will have to see how it pans out!

I like that he hasn't even specified valid code, just gobbledygook code - surely this means you can just mash your keyboard for a few hours and pass it over? :D

• Like 1

I like that he hasn't even specified valid code, just gobbledygook code - surely this means you can just mash your keyboard for a few hours and pass it over? :D

Pete, this is very much the plan, especially as the weekend nears...

Hey, I don't even understand the code I write for myself - I have total sympathy for the chap!