ProcessWire 2.3 Testing

ryan

Thanks for that URL Rewrite Module 2.0 for IIS link Pete.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten far enough in the setup for this to be a rewrite problem I'm 99% sure.

The code in install.php actually causing the error:

if(($fp = fopen("./site/config.php", "a")) && fwrite($fp, $cfg))

I wasn't even aware IIS has "permissions". So maybe the way the path is written as "./" instead of ".\"? Although I can't imagine that would be it. Sure hope not.

There is also the issue that .htaccess won't work on IIS unless I'm mistaken?

This should help get around rewrite issues though: http://processwire.com/talk/topic/268-processwire-on-windows72008-server-with-iis-webserver/

Just installed ProcessWire 2.2.16 with default profile.

Installed core module: Languages Support 1.0.0

Created new language and see problem - no options to add language files.

Can somebody else test it too?

Same to me, installed ProcessWire 2.3 with Skyscrapers profile, Language Support 1.0.0, added new language. There is no possibility to add language files.

Just installed ProcessWire 2.2.16 with default profile.

Installed core module: Languages Support 1.0.0

Created new language and see problem - no options to add language files.

Can somebody else test it too?

• Like 1

Sorry if the following test is not the correct one for this thread (if not then feel free to delete this Mr Moderator), but I just did a fresh install of

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/tree/dev

replacing the /site-default/ as per

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/SkyscrapersProfile

on a local dev setup (Mac/MAMP Pro)

and all worked perfectly.

And thanks Ryan and those who contributed to the further polish applied to the installer, it's even nicer now.

• Like 1

Apache HTTP Server 2.2.21
PHP 5.3.6
MySQL 5.5.9
OSX 10.8.2

I exported via Profile Exporter from a 2.2.9 installation.

I then installed 2.3 dev with the following issues:

After I provided the database info: multiple times "Unknown column 'data1011' in 'field list'"

See: http://d.pr/i/cQtg

Then I had to switch back the PageTitle field to PageTitleLanguag. All the titles were lost, had to reenter everything.

cheers

Profile exporter doesnt work for fully with multilang title field yet as you found out. But that'salready known. However you don't need profile exporter to update from 2.2.9 to 2.3. Just replace wire folder.

I get one error after update from 2.2.9 to 2.3 dev:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SessionLoginThrottle in /public_html/wire/modules/Session/SessionLoginThrottle/SessionLoginThrottle.module on line 17
This error message was shown because site is in debug mode ($config->debug = true; in /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class SessionLoginThrottle in /public_html/wire/modules/Session/SessionLoginThrottle/SessionLoginThrottle.module on line 17
This error message was shown because site is in debug mode ($config->debug = true; in /site/config.php). Error has been logged.

http://processwire.com/talk/topic/2598-fatal-error-cannot-redeclare-class-sessionloginthrottle-on-update/

I'm not sure this was already before but when editing page there a token doublicate in html source:

<label class='ui-widget-header' for=''>Children / Subpages</label>
                    <div class='ui-widget-content'>
            <div id='PageListContainer' data-token-name='TOKEN1566834131' data-token-value='e633e7ae0a8d5d91d6a630f0d180853b655a560ade29f71a8f9c1e279bc2c09d'></div>
                        <div id='PageListContainer' data-token-name='TOKEN1566834131' data-token-value='e633e7ae0a8d5d91d6a630f0d180853b655a560ade29f71a8f9c1e279bc2c09d'></div>
                        <ul class='Inputfields'>
  • Like 1

You better not merge but replace the new "wire" folder. Since session module is now in it's own folder (with db session module) this happens if you merge it with old wire folder. So there's 2 instances of the same module.

• Like 1

I'm not sure this was already before but when editing page there a token doublicate in html source:

Thanks Soma, I see that too. Not sure why it's doubled up. I'll take a look and find a fix. 

Yes, I merged it to master yesterday. I just don't think there's any reason for new users (especially) to be starting with 2.2.9 at this point. The dev branch is more stable than 2.2.9. Now we can go back to letting the dev branch be a dev branch. :)  I'll send out a 2.3 announcement later this week. While there are always more issues to resolve, there haven't been any major problems since people started testing. Nearly all issues that have come up have been related to needing a modules cache clear, or needing to start with a fresh /wire/ dir–things that people should do for any ProcessWire upgrade. I have now added these items to the upgrade instructions in the new README file included with ProcessWire. People upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3 should still follow all upgrade instructions exactly, backup, use caution and test thoroughly. Here are the upgrade instructions as they appear in that readme file: 

Best Practices Before Upgrading
  • Backup your database and backup all the files in your site.
  • When possible, test the upgrade on a development/staging site before performing the upgrade on a live/production site.
  • If you have 3rd party modules installed, confirm that they are compatible with the ProcessWire version you are upgrading to. If you cannot confirm compatibility, uninstall the 3rd party modules before upgrading, when possible. You can attempt to re-install them after upgrading.

General Upgrade Process

If you are upgrading from a version of ProcessWire earlier than 2.3, see the sections below for version-specific details before completing the general upgrade process.

Upgrading from one version of ProcessWire to another is a matter of replacing these files from your old version with those from the new:
/wire/
/index.php
/.htaccess
Replacing the above directory/files is typically the only thing you need to do in order to upgrade. But please see below for more specific details about each of these:

Replacing the /wire/ directory
When you replace the /wire/ directory, make sure that you remove or rename the old one first. If you just copy or FTP changed files into the existing /wire/ directory, you will end up with both old and new files, which will cause an error. Note that the /wire/ directory does not contain any files specific to your site, only to ProcessWire. All the files specific to your site are stored in /site/ and you would leave that directory alone during an upgrade.

Replacing the /index.php file
This file doesn't change often between minor versions. As a result, you don't need to replace this file unless it has changed.

Replacing the .htaccess file
Like the index.php file, this doesn't always change between minor upgrades, so the same applies. This file is initially named htaccess.txt in the ProcessWire source. You will want to remove your existing .htaccess file and rename the new htaccess.txt to .htaccess. Sometimes people have made changes to the .htaccess file. If this is the case for your site, remember to migrate those changes to the new .htaccess file.

Upgrading from ProcessWire 2.2
  • Follow the general upgrade process above.
  • You will want to replace your /index.php and .htaccess file as well.
  • Clear your modules cache. To do this, remove all of these files: /site/assets/cache/Modules.*
  • Login to ProcessWire admin. You may get an error on the first web request you try, but that should only happen once, so just reload the page.

Upgrading from ProcessWire 2.1
  • First upgrade to ProcessWire 2.2. (side note: I'm not positive this is necessary, you may be able to go straight to 2.3, but I didn't have any 2.1 sites to test).  
  • Follow the instructions above to upgrade from ProcessWire 2.2.

Upgrading from ProcessWire 2.0
  • Download ProcessWire 2.2 and follow the upgrade instructions in that version's README file to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.2.
  • After successfully upgrading to 2.2, follow the general upgrade process above.

Troubleshooting an Upgrade
  • If your site is not working after performing an upgrade, clear your modules cache. You can do this by removing all of these files: /site/assets/cache/Modules.*
  • If your site still doesn't work, remove the /wire/ directory completely. Then upload a fresh copy of the /wire/ directory.
  • If your site still doesn't work, view the latest entries in your error log file to see if it clarifies anything. The error log can be found in: /site/assets/logs/errors.txt
  • If your site still doesn't work, please post in the ProcessWire support forums.
  • Like 14

I've seen that PW homepage is already linking to a 2.3.0 download (which is a link to a zipball file generated from the tip of master branch), but FYI, it seems there is no 2.3.0 tag yet:

https://github.com/ryancramerdesign/ProcessWire/tags

There is also a "2.2.9.final" tag, that is 9 commits on top of "2.2.9" tag. These 9 commits have been there since a few months (and I always wondered why those were there, instead of being on "dev" branch). I think this adds up to the confussion: which is the real 2.2.9 version that most users have been downloading & installing: the 2.2.9 tag or the 2.2.9.final tag?

(btw: Hi, n00 here, first post, just learning PW :D

maniqui: welcome to the forums and thanks for your feedback. I think Ryan has been experimenting with tags, but not yet fully in use. We are just learning Git :)

If you are experienced with git / github, it would be very valuable if you (and others of course) can shed a light how the ideal workflow with releases / tags should go.

• Like 1

This was discussed before:

The password system has recently been updated.

Problem is, I have around 300 accounts registered in PW as users that register from the front end of the site (site users).

With the new password system, could they use their actual passwords they've set before without any troubles?

With the new password system, could they use their actual passwords they've set before without any troubles?

Yes, old passwords still work after an update in ProcessWire 2.3. New password hashes (new user or an old user changing her password) are just different in a way that is incompatible with older versions of ProcessWire. So no going back to 2.2 (without resetting passwords) after a password has been changed or new password has been created.
  • Like 1

I've seen that PW homepage is already linking to a 2.3.0 download (which is a link to a zipball file generated from the tip of master branch), but FYI, it seems there is no 2.3.0 tag yet:

Generally I don't add tags except when we need to link to something from the past. Since 2.3.0 is the current master, I didn't think it needed a tag yet. Though I was going to add it anyway once 2.3 is officially announced. 

There is also a "2.2.9.final" tag, that is 9 commits on top of "2.2.9" tag. These 9 commits have been there since a few months (and I always wondered why those were there, instead of being on "dev" branch). I think this adds up to the confussion: which is the real 2.2.9 version that most users have been downloading & installing: the 2.2.9 tag or the 2.2.9.final tag?

2.2.9.final was just to mark the spot where it was at before merging in the dev branch. I would have called it 2.2.10, except that I wanted 2.2.9 to be the last version number in the 2.2 version (since we'd used 2.2.10+ for dev branch). The 2.2.9 version that people have been installing is 2.2.9.final. For the most part you can ignore tags with ProcessWire, as we don't use them for anything other than making links to past things, when necessary. 

The passwords and hashes won't change until the user actually changes their password. Basically it leaves it alone until the password changes.  If you have an existing site and you want to take advantage of the better security of blowfish hashes, you should ask users to change their password. For admin users, it gives you a notice that  you should change your password when possible. 

• Like 1