ProcessWire 2.3 Testing

ryan

We are trying to find out in the Thumbnails thread. It's not working when setting up a cropimages and not saving the field afterwards. The default settings doesn't get recognized (and saved in db). Only after saving the field again it starts working again. At least for me.

This is true for any fieldtype. It just means that any default values required by the module shouldn't depend on the config form being saved the first time. Though there are some fieldtypes that don't become worthwhile until configured (page, repeater, etc.)

2013-02-16 04:28:27 ? http://192.168.25.170/?/ Error: Class 'PageRender' not found (line 211 of /share/HDA_DATA/Web/besserlanden/wire/core/Modules.php)

2013-02-16 04:28:29 ? http://192.168.25.170/?/ Error: Class 'PageRender' not found (line 211 of /share/HDA_DATA/Web/besserlanden/wire/core/Modules.php)

2013-02-16 04:28:52 ? http://192.168.25.170/?/ Error: Class 'PageRender' not found (line 211 of /share/HDA_DATA/Web/besserlanden/wire/core/Modules.php)

not working.

htaccess updated

index.php updated

not really sure which specs this server has, its a qnap NAS TS-212

i will look for it later this day.

Luis, if this is an upgrade, try removing /site/assets/cache/Modules.*

If that doesn't do it, double check that when you uploaded the files, you didn't upload them into the existing /wire/ directory. When you upload that /wire/ directory, it has to be a brand new directory. So in an upgrade, you either need to remove or rename the existing /wire/ directory before uploading the new one. Either that or you can upload the new one to something like /wire-new/ and then rename old, rename new once both are there. 

There are some new config options in site/config.php that don't make it into the config when updating from older installs.

Shouldn't those settings be present in wire/config.php?

$config->imageSizerOptions = array(
	'upscaling' => true,
	'cropping' => true, 
	'quality' => 90,
);
$config->pagefileSecure = true; 

There are some new config options in site/config.php that don't make it into the config when updating from older installs.

Shouldn't those settings be present in wire/config.php?

Yes, I think this makes sense. I'll duplicate them there. 

• Like 1

Fresh install of 2.2.15, everything OK. Only one minor thing seems a bit off, and that's not really related to "technical" aspect of installation:

After installing there's this list of important steps to take. Is it just me or does it signal that "this is nothing you should worry about", you know, with light green backgrounds and check marks and all? This was second time ever I've ran the PW installer (usually we do it by duplicating old sites, for various reasons) and I nearly failed to notice that there's still something (rather important) to do.. :)

• Apache 2.2.22
  • PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.5 (Suhosin v0.9.33)
  • MySQL 5.5.29
  • Like 1

"The password system has recently been updated. Please change your password to complete the update for your account."

When changing the password but using the same as before, this message still appears after login. Don't know if this is the intended behaviour.

Edit: When changing to another and then again using the first, it's gone :)

+1 what teppo said about style of some message types not being inline with what the content of the message is.

I think nateronn also mentioned this before. This will be one of the major drivers behind ProcessWire 2.4. :) I'm only concerned about actual bugs at this point for the 2.3 release. But it's a valid point and will make this look nicer soon. 

When changing the password but using the same as before, this message still appears after login. Don't know if this is the intended behaviour.

If using the same one as before, you didn't actually change the password. :) In this case, it literally needs the password to be changed. 

• Like 2

update is no problem (2.2.9 -> 2.2.13 -> 2.2.15).

But is there a bug? Now I'm missing the 'new' button for creating pages in the 3. level.

home
- page
-- subpage // missing 'new' button
--- subsubpage
--- subsubpage

Tested with standard and Teflon theme. See screenshot:

post-1027-0-09259700-1361206240_thumb.jp

But is there a bug? Now I'm missing the 'new' button for creating pages in the 3. level.

I'll assume you are logged in as superuser, just to rule out the possibility this is the result of access control.

Check the template used by 'subpage' (Setup > Templates > that-template). Click the "family" tab. Make sure that template is allowing children. The lack of a "new" link would usually indicate the template doesn't allow new children, or that the allowed child templates have some setting on their Family tab that prevents them from being utilized there.

Let me know if it still appears incorrect after reviewing those family settings? If so, try editing "subpage" and clicking the "children" tab. Do you have an "Add New Page" button?

Performed a fresh install.

Win7

XAMPP:

- Apache/2.2.21 (Win32)

- PHP/5.3.8

- MySQL/5.5.16

On my local dev server I use the default root with no password since I am the only one on this machine. The installer would not let me leave the password field blank and I had to create a user to finish the install.

Anthony

On my local dev server I use the default root with no password since I am the only one on this machine. The installer would not let me leave the password field blank and I had to create a user to finish the install.

Thanks for testing. The behavior you indicated is correct. A user (with a password ) is required to complete the install. 

Hi Ryan!

Just attempted a fresh install on a client's Windows IIS (hosted by GoDaddy, ugh) server, and it failed as per below :(

Warning: fopen(./site/config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\hosting\10405802\html\tmpsitedev\install.php on line 352

Error saving database configuration to ./site/config.php. Please make sure it is writable.

The Compatibility Check part of the install process hadn't gone perfectly, but I went past it regardless. So FYI, Compatibility Check info had been:

Unable to determine if Apache mod_rewrite (required by ProcessWire) is installed. On some servers, we may not be able to detect it until your .htaccess file is place. Please click the 'check again' button at the bottom of this screen, if you haven't already.

Error: Directory ./site/assets/ must be writable. Please adjust the permissions before continuing.

Error: File ./site/config.php must be writable. Please adjust the permissions before continuing.

Just found ProcessWire a couple months ago btw, and am blown away by its flexibility, and ability to adapt to whatever is thrown at it ^-^ ...It quickly became my framework of choice leaving SilverStripe in the dust. Keep up the great work!

Before I tell the client to ditch their GoDaddy Windows IIS server in favor of Linux/Apache -- I wonder if anybody else had similar problem or solution to what I show above?

EDIT to Add: Sorry I forgot to include config info...

PHP 5.3.6

Microsoft-IIS/7.0

IIS_UrlRewriteModule = 1 (on)

MySQL ver: 5.0

Grazie!

Welcome to the forums Rene!

I think the compatibility check explains it: you'll have to make site/config.php and site/assets writable. On a *nix system it would be something like this:

chmod a+w site/config.php
chmod a+w site/assets

And after the installation make site/config.php not writable again as instructed. (chmod a-w site/config.php, for example).

Oh, you did say Windows :). Well, still you'd need to make those writable, I'm sure someone with Windows will join the conversation and give you more specific instructions.

Thanks Nik! And LOL about the making stuff writable on a Windows server. In fact prior to install attempt, I had been kidding around with my project manager that maybe the one silver lining of a Windows server could be not having to deal with pesky permmissions problems. Oops. Oh the irony :-)

Welcome to the forums Rene!

I think the compatibility check explains it: you'll have to make site/config.php and site/assets writable. On a *nix system it would be something like this:

chmod a+w site/config.php
chmod a+w site/assets

And after the installation make site/config.php not writable again as instructed. (chmod a-w site/config.php, for example).

Oh, you did say Windows :). Well, still you'd need to make those writable, I'm sure someone with Windows will join the conversation and give you more specific instructions.