Generate random code in Formbuilder

neophron

Hi,

I hope, this is the right place for questions about the Formbuilder (I couldn't find in the ProField support a subsection for the Formbuilder).

A client needs for his website a random generator of a code (as winning numbers). This generator should be placed in a simple form (name and email) and a random generated code should be visible there.
This code, or winning number, must be stored in the db together with the name and email. And the participant must receive a confirmation email with this code.

I know, that the Formbuilder can store and send data to the user. But what about a random generated code? Is this a hook job?

I found this module: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-field-generator/ but it's not for PW 3. 

1 hour ago, neophron said:

I couldn't find in the ProField support a subsection for the Formbuilder).

The FB board is here.

1 hour ago, neophron said:

but it's not for PW 3

Often, a module is v3-compatible even though it's not officially marked as such. Try to install it and see if it works. Sometimes all you (maybe) need to add, is PW namespace in the .module file(s).

There's also this module that might do what you want: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/guid-generator/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dragan said:

The FB board is here.

I know this link, but it doesn't exist right now 

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F176/1

14 hours ago, dragan said:

Often, a module is v3-compatible even though it's not officially marked as such. Try to install it and see if it works. Sometimes all you (maybe) need to add, is PW namespace in the .module file(s).

There's also this module that might do what you want: http://modules.processwire.com/modules/guid-generator/

Thanks, I'll check both modules.

30 minutes ago, neophron said:

I know this link, but it doesn't exist right now 

Well, that error message is unfortunately misleading. It should say something like "This board is only accessible if you have a paid Pro support license". When you buy a Pro module, you have access to the VIP forum for one year. After that, you have to sign up for a support plan (the module itself doesn't have an expiry date, of course), which is something like $25 / year, last time I checked.

13 minutes ago, dragan said:

Well, that error message is unfortunately misleading. It should say something like "This board is only accessible if you have a paid Pro support license". When you buy a Pro module, you have access to the VIP forum for one year. After that, you have to sign up for a support plan (the module itself doesn't have an expiry date, of course), which is something like $25 / year, last time I checked.

Damn, I totally forgot about! Thanks for the explanation ?