AndZyk

Allow protocol file:// in FieldType URL and CKEditor links

Hello,

I am currently building a intranet which will be hosted on the local network of a company. This intranet has many links to files on their fileserver with the protocol file://.

So for example the links look like this file://domain.tld/filename.ext

• When I try to insert such a link into a URL field, I get the error, that only the protocol http:// is allowed.
  • When I try to insert such a link into a CKEeditor link, it gets stripped out.

Is it possible to insert such links into the FieldType URL and CKEditor.

I know that I could use a FieldType Text or insert a RewriteRule in the .htaccess file, but I am looking for a more elegant solution. 😉

Regards, Andreas

I have not truly vetted the plugin, but there is this official plugin via CKEditor. It let me select from various protocols and has an "other" selection. I was able to successfully use the file:// protocol inside the href without it getting stripped.

• Like 1

Thank you @louisstephens for the hint. I tried it out, but the link still gets stripped out, even with disabled ACF. Do you have configured extra allowed content?

Maybe a RewriteRule in the .htaccess file would be the easiest solution. 🤔

4 hours ago, AndZyk said:

Thank you @louisstephens for the hint. I tried it out, but the link still gets stripped out, even with disabled ACF. Do you have configured extra allowed content?

Maybe a RewriteRule in the .htaccess file would be the easiest solution. 🤔

Ah, I did not have extra allowed content enabled, but it was a bit confusing for me as I had to add it to the toolbar and the icon appeared to be exactly like the current "url" icon. 

My solution for textareas with CKEditor is now a simple Textformatter module. 😉

<?php
class TextformatterReplaceLinks extends Textformatter implements Module {

public static function getModuleInfo() {
        return array(
            "title" => "Replace Links",
            "version" => "1.0.0",
            "summary" => "Find and replace links of domain.",
            "author" => "AndZyk",
            "singular" => true,
            "requires" => "ProcessWire>=2.6",
            "icon" => "link"
        );
    }

/**
     * Find and replace the input string
     * @param string $str The block of text to parse
     * The incoming string is replaced with the formatted version of itself.
     */

public function format(&$str) {

$str = preg_replace("/(http|https):\/\/example.com/", "file://example.com", $str);

}
}

Regards, Andreas

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By picarica
      so hello there i have fiel field type i have lots of stuff there, and also an image i can easily get image from that field using

$options = array('quality' => 85, 'upscaling' => true, 'cropping' => 'north', 'sharpening' => 'medium'); $word = ".png"; // Test if string contains the word foreach($childgames->subor_hry as $file) { if(strpos($file, $word) !== false){ /* $imger = $file->size(473, 266, $options); */ echo $file; /* echo $file->url; */ } } so i get the fiel i tried invoking size on it like the commented out part and it doesnt work i get error Oh snizzle… Error:     Exception: Method Pagefile::size does not exist or is not callable in this context (in
      what am i doing wrong? can you guys help me by all logic this should work
    • By Marvin
      Hello,
      I'm new at process wire and i want to make an web using upload file and showing it at the table as a link to open it at the new tab. I wa succed while upload a file, but how i showing it as a link at the table to open it at the new tab of my browser? Any suggestion may helpfull
      Here i attach my code below :
      This code is for upload it to back-end (process wire)
      <?php $note = $note2 = $hidden =""; if($input->post->submit){ $upload_path = $config->paths->assets.'files/upload/'; if(!is_dir($upload_path)){ if(!wireMkdir($upload_path)) throw new WireException("No upload path"); } $original = $sanitizer->text($input->post->original); $indonesia = $sanitizer->text($input->post->indonesia); $other = $sanitizer->text($input->post->other); $composer = $sanitizer->text($input->post->composer); if(!$original || !$indonesia || !$other || !$composer){ $note = "Data tidak lengkap"; } else { $newFile = new WireUpload("song_files"); $newFile->setMaxFiles(1); $newFile->setOverwrite(false); $newFile->setDestinationPath($upload_path); $newFile->setValidExtensions(array('pdf','docx','doc')); $files = $newFile->execute(); if(!count($files)) { $newFile->error("No files received, so not creating page."); return false; } $newImg = new WireUpload("img_files"); $newImg->setMaxFiles(1); $newImg->setOverwrite(false); $newImg->setDestinationPath($upload_path); $newImg->setValidExtensions(array('jpeg','jpg','png','gif')); $files = $newImg->execute(); if(!count($files)) { $newImg->error("No files received, so not creating page."); return false; } $newPage = new Page(); $newPage->template = "files"; $newPage->parent = $pages->get("/files/"); $newPage->title = $original; $newPage->text_1 = $indonesia; $newPage->text_2 = $other; $newPage->text_3 = $composer; $newPage->of(false); $newPage->save(); foreach($files as $filename) { $filepath = $upload_path . $filename; $newPage->files->add($filepath); $newPage->message("Add file : $filename"); unlink($filepath); } $newPage->save(); } } ?> and this code to showing it as a link at the table
      <table class="border"> <tr> <th>No.</th> <th>Original Song Title</th> <th>Indonesia Song Title</th> <th>Other Song Title</th> <th>Composer</th> <th>File (pdf)</th> </tr> <?php $num = 1; $song; foreach($pages->get("/files/")->children as $child) { //showing every child at files parent directory $page == $child; $song = $pages->get("/files/".$child->id."/")->files; //showing uploaded files at child directory echo $child->id; echo "<tr><td>".$num++.".</td><td>".$child->title."</td><td>".$child->text_1."</td><td>".$child->text_2."</td><td>".$child->text_3."</td><td><a href='".$song->httpUrl."'</a>".$song->name."</td></tr>"; } ?> </table> Thank you for any suggestion
    • By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!
      It appears there's a possible bug in Processwire 3.0.170 concerning file and/or image inputfield. Creating such a field results in the following error:

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null
      The inputfield is created however. The closer look reveals a problem at line 60 in wire\modules\Fieldtype\FieldtypeFile\config.php:
      if(!$value) $value = $fieldtype->get('defaultFileExtensions'); Commenting this line removes the problem, but the newly created inputfield requires 'Allowed file extensions' config option to be set (which is rather expectable since i commented the above-cited line of code). Never faced this problem before, hope it can be resolved.
    • By humanafterall
      Hi,
      I have a URL field that will sometimes have relative/local URLs on a multilingual site, for example /contact/ 

However the URL field does not seem to pick up when I'm on another language, for example /fr/ so I'm taken to the default language page for /contact/ rather than /fr/contact/
      Is there a way to make the URL fields play well with a multi-language site?
      Thanks!