Hello, I have a Page Reference by template radio button field to promote a certain page (only two options), but I'd like to target the page that isn't selected. This would be used dynamically throughout the site.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? Would I use something like remove() or not()?

$main = "";
					$promoted = "";

$promoted = $homepage->promote;

$main = $pages->find('template=main')->remove($promoted);
                    foreach($main as $ma) {
                        echo "<h5>$ma->title</h5>";
                    }

This appears to have worked 👍🏼

$main = $promoted->next();
                    echo "<h5>$main->title</h5>";

This is more concise 👏🏼

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Roberts R
      I have simple page structure:
      category subcategory simple-product simple-product simple-product simple-product subcategory .... category2 so Im at category page and running
      $pages->find("template=simple-product, has_parent=$page, limit=8"); and it returns 0 pages

but this returns 4 pages
      $pages->find("template=simple-product, has_parent=$page"); Can someone explain why limit does not work here?
      EDIT:
      So I did some tests and it seems that any limit=n where n is >= actual page count that is possible ... selector return 0 results.
    • By Hubris
      Hi there!
      I'm using some page reference fields to create lists of tags, categories, years, etc.. I'm able to find the pages like so:
      $pages->find("template=project, {$filter}={$page->title}"); Which dynamically does something like: 
      $pages->find("template=project, tags=Experimental"); Only if the value (the page name, like "Experimental") starts with letters. If it starts with numbers, find returns nothing.
      Why is this and how can I fix it?
    • By Elchin
      Hi.
      I want select pages where now between date and end_date or now bigger than date and end_date is empty.
      I have five tried variants:
      $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("foo=(date<$start,date_end=''),bar=(date<$start,date_end>=$start),sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date<$start,(date_end='',date_end>=$start),sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date_end=''|date_end>=$start,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("!date_end|date_end>=$start,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); $start = strtotime(date('Y-m-d') . " 00:00:00"); $results = $page->children("date_end>=$start|!date_end,date<$start,sort=-date,limit=12"); All this variants not worked for me and returned zero results.
    • By pwFoo
      I played with the Selectors object and would like to use it for a special use case...
      That is a custom Selectors object with dummy data converted to an php array to see the structure (Selectors object is a WireArray with "fields" added)
      Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => Array ( [field] => seg1 [value] => val1 [not] => [group] => [quote] => [forceMatch] => ) [1] => Array ( [field] => seg2 [value] => val2 [not] => [group] => [quote] => [forceMatch] => ) ) )  
      But instead of "seg1" the field name is "field" with value "seg1" (= my field name).

So I can't search the Selectors WireArray (= custom WireArray with added Selectors objects) with PW "find('seg1=val1')", Is there a way to search with "find()" or build a simple wrapper to make the elements searchable / filterable with find()?
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm facing a weird behavior (to me)... Why are these requests not returning the same values ?

// Test 01 : not working > returns empty $allPlayers = $pages->find("team=$team"); // Returns the 10 players (1 of them has HP=14, others have HP>15, no players have coma=1) $dangerPlayers = $allPlayers->find("(HP<=15), (coma=1)")->sort("coma, HP"); // Returns nothing ??? // Test 02 : Working as expected $dangerPlayers = $pages->find("parent.name=players, team=$team, (HP<=15), (coma=1)")->sort("coma, HP"); // Returns the low HP player
      If you can explain this to me, I would appreciate because this is causing me a headache right now 🙂 
      Thanks !