jds43

Page Reference not selected

Hello, I have a Page Reference by template radio button field to promote a certain page (only two options), but I'd like to target the page that isn't selected. This would be used dynamically throughout the site.

Does anyone know how I could accomplish this? Would I use something like remove() or not()?

$main = "";
					$promoted = "";

$promoted = $homepage->promote;

$main = $pages->find('template=main')->remove($promoted);
                    foreach($main as $ma) {
                        echo "<h5>$ma->title</h5>";
                    }

This appears to have worked 👍🏼

$main = $promoted->next();
                    echo "<h5>$main->title</h5>";

This is more concise 👏🏼

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By snck
      Hi there,
      I have a problem constructing a selector that finds all pages that refer to pages with a specific template.
      I have pages using an event template and I want to show events based on a specific context. In this example I want to filter the results and only show event pages that relate to a specific template (exhibitions) in their page field related_pages.
      What I tried:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages.template.name=exhibition"); Unfortunately it does not work (0 results).
      Same with this:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event, related_pages=[template.name=exhibition]"); At the moment I am helping myself with the following lines, but I have a strong feeling that there is a more efficient solution:
      $events = $pages->find("template=event"); foreach($events as $event){ if(!count($event->related_pages->find("template=exhibition"))){ $events->remove($event); } }  
      I really hope that one of you can help me out.
      Thanks in advance!
      Flo
    • By Kiwi Chris
      The selector in the following code included in a template is returning nothing, however if I take out the compId.resultsdate<={$today} bit, it works fine, although obviously not filtered on the date field.
      $today = strtotime(date('Y-m-d')); $setImages = $pages->find("template=competitionImage, compId={$page->id}, compId.resultsdate<={$today}, compSubject.name=s, imageRating.title=Merit|Honours,check_access=0"); Here's the results of an example from Tracey Debugger
      templates_id=79, resultsdate<=1587729600, status<2048   SELECT pages.id,pages.parent_id,pages.templates_id FROM `pages` JOIN field_resultsdate AS field_resultsdate ON field_resultsdate.pages_id=pages.id AND (((field_resultsdate.data<='2020-04-25 00:00:00' ) )) WHERE (pages.templates_id=79) AND (pages.status<2048) GROUP BY pages.id Over in my ready.php I have inside a hook that refers directly to the page template that's used for the pages in the page field above:
      $today = strtotime(date('Y-m-d')) $event->return = $event->pages->find("template=competition,eventEnd>={$today},eventStart<={$today}"); In this case the filtering on date fields (albeit different ones) works fine. Can anyone suggest why the filter on the date subfield of the page field isn't working?
      Just to confirm, I do have a date value in the field, and it is a date before today. 🙂
      The problem may be something blatantly obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out why the selector is returning no results when I include the date filter.
    • By shadowkyogre
      [EDIT]: After sitting down and planning out my site according to the ragged hierarchy information, I settled on the following schematics.
      /$world/$template/$content_of_template_type/... for my pretty URLs /roster/$character for my characters a generic Repeater field with depth on most content types for custom positions for child pages to connect to instead of it directly a few Repeater fields on each content that have (PageReference[1], other fields) to establish associations A few FieldsetGroups to help me manage the fields that I needed to copy across a bunch of content types. Kept the original post below for context and tagged the OP for searchability.
      ---
      Hi everyone! I'm working on a personalized worldbuilding wiki to host my art and story stuff.
      Right now my site architecture looks like...
      /$world/cosmology/$cosmology /$world/locations/$location /$world/factions/$faction /$world/history/$history /$world/species/$species /roster/$character So far the layout works, but there's one problem. I need to make sub-sections for an organization. Organizations can appear under cosmology, locations, and factions. Sounds straightforward until... I run into the problem of figuring out how to represent subfactions.
      Key factors in this are...
      Characters should be able to be part of multiple organizations Characters should have an explicit role assigned to their membership. Character pages should be able to query the organization pages to display their ranks across organizations. Editing an organization's hierarchical layout should be visible while editing the root organization page. From what I've read of the ProcessWire documentation, the best use case for each way of representing the organization's subsections are...
      Child Pages:: Works best for menu presentation and dedicated editing. PageTables:: Works if you want control over where to place the PageTable fields, but requires opening a modal for the pages you want to edit. It's also kind of like normal pages. Repeaters:: Works great for inline editing and easy control over hierarchy, but the page urls become obscure. Sections in the body field:: Works for copypasting from my note files. But it doesn't expose relationships for easy querying. It looks like my best case for this is child pages since it allows displaying suborganization in the URL easily. But also I lose out on quickly reordering and editing the child pages. Any advice for people running into similar use cases?
    • By Roberts R
      I have simple page structure:
      category subcategory simple-product simple-product simple-product simple-product subcategory .... category2 so Im at category page and running
      $pages->find("template=simple-product, has_parent=$page, limit=8"); and it returns 0 pages

but this returns 4 pages
      $pages->find("template=simple-product, has_parent=$page"); Can someone explain why limit does not work here?
      EDIT:
      So I did some tests and it seems that any limit=n where n is >= actual page count that is possible ... selector return 0 results.
    • By Hubris
      Hi there!
      I'm using some page reference fields to create lists of tags, categories, years, etc.. I'm able to find the pages like so:
      $pages->find("template=project, {$filter}={$page->title}"); Which dynamically does something like: 
      $pages->find("template=project, tags=Experimental"); Only if the value (the page name, like "Experimental") starts with letters. If it starts with numbers, find returns nothing.
      Why is this and how can I fix it?