VeiJari

Checking if template is a temporary template before saving

Hello, our customer doesn't like the fact that they have to first add a title and then add the other info in the form. Therefore, we've enabled the way to skip this by making a temporary file before saving.

But the problem is that by using module schedulepages in this piece of code in the module:  

if (!$page->isNew() && $page->publishable() && $page->isChanged('status') && $page->is(Page::statusUnpublished) && $page->publish_from) {
            $this->session->error($this->_("“Publish From Date” field was cleared to prevent the page from being unintentionally re-published on the next Lazy Cron run."));
            $page->publish_from = null;
            $page->save('publish_from');
        }

it fires even with the temporary file and therefore after first save it resets the publish_from field. Is there a way to check if template is temporary, or something along those lines?

One solution is just to ask the customer to first save the form after adding a title, but I don't see that as a good solution.

@VeiJari What do you mean under "temporary file"?  

17 hours ago, Zeka said:

@VeiJari What do you mean under "temporary file"?  

@Zeka

In template settings advanced "Tila" means status so I'm referring to this "temp unpublished" status.

image.png.890d186f8b98d60d5cd0dfc4b69da3ae.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pip
      Hi everyone, 
      Is there a way for us to replicate the "http://mydomain.com/processwire/page/edit/?id=xxx" and change the template to match my site template? 
      I'm terribly happy with the admin / backend page edit. It covers literaly everything I want to empower my non super admin user in updating pages such as validation, repeater management, file upload. 
      I wish not to allow the users to see the backend for both security and aesthetic reasons. 
      Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. 

• By calago
      after the migration to version 3.0.145 our export templates all of a sudden dont work properly, 
      we have a functionality where we use a boiler template with a set of fields. for some reason since the upgrade when we select the export template to export it. it wont show any of the fields added after the migration, 

as you can see the offer certificate remarks field has been added to the export, 
      but when we select it it wont come trough

• By EyeDentify
      Hello dear PW gurus.

I have stumbled over a strange error that i all of sudden got when trying to upload an image to a images field on a page.
      There where images allready stored in the field that i wanted to keep, but during the upload the error apear and after that all images are gone from the field and i can´t upload any, i just get the error every time.
      I am running ProcessWire 3.0.153 dev.
      Update:
      After looking in the assets folder i find the folder for the page and the image files seems to be there including the ones i tried to upload when the error occured.
      But they don´t show up in the images field in the page editor.

The error reported:

SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1 And here is a screenshot of the event:

The TracyDebugger Error reporting:

I hope you fine folks could point me in a direction.
      But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

Regards, EyeDentify
    • By Spyros
      Hello
      I'm having a strange issue with the $page->find(), for some reason I'm missing some of the pages from the results. I found then that I was missing all the pages with the same "PAGE NAME". Is it a bug or am I missing something?
      PS 
      If I change the "PAGE NAME" of one of the missing ones then I'm retrieving the page without any problem.
      Thank you