DevCat

no site configuration or install.php available

Hi,

I'm trying to install ProcessWire on XAMPP localhost. I extracted the zip and put the files from master folder to website directory folder and when I go there with Firefox it says 404 page not found (no site configuration or install.php available). At least install.php surely is there. I'm doing WordPress installations on localhost almost every day and no problems. Does anyone here know what is cause for this error?

Narrow it down to possible problems in your setup.

1. Is it the right folder?
  2. Can you access a test.html in that directory from your browser?
  3. Does mod_rewrite work properly for that folder?
  4. Have you setup a virtual host for it?

7 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

Narrow it down to possible problems in your setup.

1. Is it the right folder?
  2. Can you access a test.html in that directory from your browser?
  3. Does mod_rewrite work properly for that folder?
  4. Have you setup a virtual host for it?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes after trying without ProcessWire files in there

4. Yes

It tried few different folder names and it seems like it only works if there are no empty spaces in the name. Is this normal ProcessWire feature?

13 minutes ago, DevCat said:

3. Yes after trying without ProcessWire files in there

Ok... try to uncomment line 116 in the .htaccess

# RewriteBase /

How does your mod_rewrite settings for that directory look like?

I might need AllowOverride All.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeiJari
      Hello forum. I'm trying to figure out how to detect if current form has errors after saving it in pw admin page. This is so that our event location isn't added in database if we detect errors. But I can't seem to find a correct way to detect errors? I only found the wire()->errors() and it always triggers even if I don't have any errors. 
      How can I detect errors in a form?
      By error I mean $page->error('this is the red error');
    • By sam-vital
      Hi,
      So I'm working on my site, getting round to completing it. I remember that I haven't checked at all what it will be like on other devices, so that's my next task.
      I went to the index page and I get hit with this error:
      Fatal error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused (in /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 377) #0 /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/wire/core/ProcessWire.php(209): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->load(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #1 /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/index.php(52): ProcessWire\ProcessWire->__construct(Object(ProcessWire\Config)) #2 {main} in /var/sites/b/mysite.org/public_html/index.phpon line 64
      All I have done from the last code update was change a links target to blank, pushed the update and tested it. Now my site is broken? Went back and changed to the original file and I'm still getting the error.
      I really don't understand what has happened. I am an ok {6 months} web developer with this being my first experience of PW.
      All help is appreciated 🙂
    • By Sergio
      All of a sudden, with nothing changed on the database or server, a website was getting error when doing a search:
      Error: Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 23 Out of resources when opening file './your-database-name/pages_parents.MYD' (Errcode: 24 - Too many open files) (in /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/PageFinder.php line 413) #0 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/Wire.php(386): ProcessWire\PageFinder->___find(Object(ProcessWire\Selectors), Array) #1 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/WireHooks.php(723): ProcessWire\Wire->_callMethod('___find', Array) #2 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/Wire.php(442): ProcessWire\WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire\PageFinder), 'find', Array) #3 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/PagesLoader.php(248): ProcessWire\Wire->__call('find', Array) #4 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/Pages.php(232): ProcessWire\PagesLoader->find('title~=EAP, lim...', Array) #5 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire/core/Wire.php(383): ProcessWire\Pages->___find('title~=EAP, lim...') #6 /home/forge/example.com/public/wire This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.  
      I tried several things, listed in this thread: https://serverfault.com/questions/791729/ubuntu-16-04-server-mysql-open-file-limit-wont-go-higher-than-65536
      But for some reason, MySQL was not getting its limit increased, but in the end, the one that did the trick was this:
      This worked for me on Ubuntu Xenial 16.04:
      Create the dir /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d
      Put in /etc/systemd/system/mysql.service.d/override.conf:
      [Service] LimitNOFILE=1024000 Now execute
      systemctl daemon-reload systemctl restart mysql.service Yes indeed, LimitNOFILE=infinity actually seems to set it to 65536.
      You can validate the above after starting MySQL by doing:
      cat /proc/$(pgrep mysql)/limits | grep files
    • By phillipschmitz
      500 Error after the latest Core Update.
      I have no idea why and what causes the problem, or how to solve it. (Maybe reupload the wire folder?)

Any ideas? 
    • By rareyush
      I am using new processwire and I am receiving this error in my _func.php

Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected 'return' (T_RETURN) Parse Error: syntax error, unexpected '$out' processwire anyone knows anything ??