MoritzLost

How do the page statuses "draft" and "versions" work?

I'm trying to build a bitwise filter for a database query for my textformatter module, and I stumbled over some page statuses I don't quite understand:

/**
* Page has pending draft changes (name: "draft"). 
* #pw-internal
*/
const statusDraft = 64;

/**
* Page has version data available (name: "versions").
* #pw-internal
*/
const statusVersions = 128;

If I'm not mistaked, there's no way to create multiple draft of a page in the ProcessWire core without module, is that correct? I initially assumed was the status assigned to unpublished pages, but the unpublished status corresponds to id 2048. Is the only way to create drafts with the ProDrafts module?

For my purposes, I just need to understand how I should treat those statuses. I'm trying to get all pages that are published and either hidden or not hidden (I want to make this configurable). Do I need to exclude pages that have the statusDraft, or statusVersions? Only one of them? Only in combination with other statuses? Or can I safely ignore those (so it's fine if the pages have the status or not)? I don't own the ProDrafts module, so I can't check the code to see how individual drafts are stored and how the draft ids correspond to the published id.

Any insight into those statuses is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hi Moritz,

not totally sure, but I think for your textformatter, you only need to know the equivalent of $page->viewable(). 

Im on mobile, so no further links here. 

Hi horst,

thanks for the reply! I'll use that check to make sure no pages are linked that shouldn't be visible. However, I would still like to filter out pages with statuses that will never be viewable. I'm querying the database directly to get a list of pages for performance reasons. Since I'm performing one costly regex per title, I would like to only get the pages that are actually published & viewable, so I still need to understand all status IDs to determine whether they're relevant for the bitmask ...

I looked into what checks $page->viewable perfoms, but haven't been able to find a reference to the IDs for "draft" and "versions", so maybe they are not relevant after all?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MoritzLost said:

I looked into what checks $page->viewable perfoms, but haven't been able to find a reference to the IDs for "draft" and "versions", so maybe they are not relevant after all?

I think this is a question for @ryan (?)

• Like 1

Have you noticed those statuses are marked as internal? I guess this is for use of ProDrafts. I can check later tonight how this module uses these statuses.

• Like 3

Yup, these are used in ProDrafts. See attached files. I guess you can use them as wel, but since they are marked internal I would not rely heavily and them and in general usage should be avoided.

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 19.58.35.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 19.59.56.png

• Like 2

Hey @arjen, thanks for the reply! I don't want to use them myself, I just need to make sure I don't included unpublished pages or drafts in my module (see link above). But I've added some additional checks for that purpose now, and I guess the draft module will surely add the correct status for unpublished drafts, so it should be ok. Anyway, thanks for your help!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By VeiJari
      Hello, our customer doesn't like the fact that they have to first add a title and then add the other info in the form. Therefore, we've enabled the way to skip this by making a temporary file before saving.
      But the problem is that by using module schedulepages in this piece of code in the module:  
      if (!$page->isNew() && $page->publishable() && $page->isChanged('status') && $page->is(Page::statusUnpublished) && $page->publish_from) {
                  $this->session->error($this->_("“Publish From Date” field was cleared to prevent the page from being unintentionally re-published on the next Lazy Cron run."));
                  $page->publish_from = null;
                  $page->save('publish_from');
              }
      it fires even with the temporary file and therefore after first save it resets the publish_from field. Is there a way to check if template is temporary, or something along those lines?
      One solution is just to ask the customer to first save the form after adding a title, but I don't see that as a good solution.
    • By Robin S
      Thanks to @Macrura for the idea behind this module.
      Page Field Info
      Adds information about options in Page Reference fields. Supports InputfieldSelect and inputfields that extend InputfieldSelect:
      InputfieldSelect InputfieldRadios InputfieldSelectMultiple InputfieldCheckboxes InputfieldAsmSelect Requires ProcessWire >= 3.0.61 and AdminThemeUikit.
      Screenshots
      Field config

Example of changes to inputfield

Example of info field filled out in Page Edit

Installation
      Install the Page Field Info module.
      Configuration
      In the Input tab of the settings for a Page Reference field...
      Tick the "Add info tooltips to options" checkbox to enable tooltips for the options in the field. Tooltips are not possible for Select or AsmSelect inputfield types so for those types you would want to tick the next option. Tick the "Append info about selected options" checkbox to append information about the selected options to the bottom of the inputfield. If the Page Reference field is a "multiple pages" field then the info for each selected option will be prefixed with the option label (so the user will know what option each line of info relates to). In the "Info field" dropdown select a text field that will contain information about the page, to be used in the tooltips and appended info. Of course this field should be in the template(s) of the selectable pages for the Page Reference field. Hook
      In most cases the "Info field" will supply the text for the tooltips and appended info, but for advanced usages you can hookPageFieldInfo::getPageInfo() to return the text. For example:
      $wire->addHookAfter('PageFieldInfo::getPageInfo', function(HookEvent $event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); // The page $inputfield = $event->arguments(1); // InputfieldPage $field = $event->arguments(2); // The Page Reference field $info = $event->return; // Text from the info field, if any // Set some custom text as the $event->return... });  
      https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageFieldInfo
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-field-info/
    • By sambadave
      Hi everyone, here's the problem I'm trying to solve.
      I have a config area in my PW admin that is locked down for admin use. I use pages to store a bunch of settings that I'll use for my clients website. It's mostly used for visual things like colours and theming. This list could be tiny or large, depending on the sites requirements, but its great because I can store any information I want to. So the page tree could look something like this:
      ADMIN SETUP
      Home Config Aesthetics Colours Red Field: Custom Label - "Red" Field: Class name - "theme--red' Green Field: Custom Label - "Green" Field: Class name - "theme--green' Blue Field: Custom Label - "Blue" Field: Class name - "theme--blue' etc... Sizes Small Field: Custom Label - "Small" Field: Class name - "sm' Medium Field: Custom Label - "Medium" Field: Class name - "md Large Field: Custom Label - "Medium" Field: Class name - "lg" etc... Icons Target Field: Custom Label - "Hands shaking Icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' Target Field: Custom Label - "Target icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' Success Field: Custom Label - "Happy face icon" Field: Icon SVG - "[svg code]' etc... HOW I USE THIS
      I'm then able to set up page reference fields for colour, size and icons. I'll use these fields on particular pages so that my clients can select a particular colour, size or icon, or anything really. Currently, with the page reference field I can create a custom label for the options. So for something like colour I can label the field "Theme" and present a list of colours like "Red, "Green" and "Blue" using the custom page label label format of the colours page.
      This of course means that I can use this to do some lovely presentation on the front end of the site. With a colour selected I'll then be able to use the page reference to get the class name for that colour theme so that I can update the page's look and feel. So in my markup I'd end up with "theme--red" or "theme--green" etc.
      THE PROBLEM
      I have this all working which is great and it's really flexible for the client which they love. However, I'd love to be able to make things more visual for the client.
      Is there a way to be able to output more than just text in the page reference field? I might have a bunch of different blue colours, so instead of a list like so:
      Navy Blue Deep Blue Bright Blue Sea Blue ... it would be great to be able to output actual colour swatches, which is a lot mor visual for the client.
      Taking the icon selector, I would ideally like to show the actual svg that I've stored against that icon as a selectable image instead of seeing text options like:
      Hands shaking icon Target icon Happy face icon Just a couple of scenarios here, but as you can see there could be any number of reasons to display a more visual method of selection.
      ANY SOLUTIONS?
      I've looked at modules like FieldtypeColorPicker which could help in solving the colour issue, but it doesn't allow me to select a colour and then use a particular class name assigned to it the way I describe above.
      Considering the other use cases I mention above, does anyone know if anything exists already that would help me to create custom presentaion for page reference lists, or if there's anything planned?
      Thank you in advance for anyone who's read this far and has any words of wisdom!
      Dave

• By EyeDentify
      Hello Gentlemen and Ladies.

I have not posted for a while but now i need your help figuring out some things.
      The Documentation has come a long way and i love it.
      Though on the page:
      https://processwire.com/api/ref/pageimages/

I am trying to figure out if when i want to add an image to an existing image field with multiple images alldready in it and using the method $page->images->add()
      <?PHP /* get the images object array for the Page */ $myPageImg = $page->images; /* define the image to add */ $newImg = 'http://www.somesite.com/image.jpg'; /* Thanks Autofahrn, forgot about the output formating */ $page->of(false); /* create a new Pageimage object with the given URL and add to the Pageimages array */ $myPageImg->add($newImg); /* save the page */ $page->save(); ?> I am pretty sure i missed a few steps in the code above?
      Is that string suppose to be an URL like "http://www.somesite.com/image.jpg" and the method will automaticly download the image and create an Pageimage Object and add it to Pageimages array or does it have to exist on the host first and i supply a file path to that image?

I guess im confused about that, hope you guys could clarify that for me.

And if it needs to be allready downloaded to my host before adding the image, what would be the best API methods for that task?
      Just point me in the right direction and i will figure it out.
      Sorry for the bad explaination but i could not figure out a better way of asking.

Thanks in advance.
      /EyeDentify
    • By AndZyk
      Hello,
      when you add a page you can see the page name of the page under the page title field. But when you change the page title afterwards, you have to go to the settings tab to also change the page name.
      We have many clients that change the page title afterwards but forget to change the page name, because they don't look in the settings tab or forget it.
      Is it possible to show the page name on the content tab under the page title?
      I hate to say this, but I like how WordPress handles this better:

Or should I open an GitHub request?
      Regards, Andreas