Sign in to follow this  
louisstephens

Sending ajax data from multiple page to one template

So I have a project where multiple pages are sending POST data to 1 single template page.  All was working well (well, at least with one ajax post), but now I have hit a stumbling block. I figured  the "best" way to handle the request were to use url segments and then use the following in the status page:

if ($config->ajax && $input->urlSegment1 == 'add-bookmark') {
// some code here
}

However, this doesnt seem to really work (as I assume the the request isnt being posted to /status/ but rather to /status/add-bookmark/). What is the best way to actually handle this?

have you tried logging the POST request to both the URL and the URL with the Segment - it should be the same unless somehow URL segments are not activated on that template. The idea should work, I can't think of any reason why segments would not work on an ajax service page; if you keep hitting up against issues you could go for query parameters instead.

You may also need to check if there is a URL segment present, like if(strlen($input-urlSegment etc.. ; and make sure to also do the regular sanitization of the $input, as well as return 404 for unused segments...

• Like 2

Thanks Macrura for the help. To be honest, I am still wrapping my head around ajax, so I completely overlooked logging the POST requests etc. As it turns out, I had a "wonderful" typo in my code, and forgot the "()" on $page->save() that was causing the issue. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      I have done a bit of searching, but I can not seem to find an actual answer. I have a list of services as child pages under "Services". I can output the services just fine, but I cant wrap my head around how to group them "alphabetically" like:
      Services A - Service "A" 1 - Service "A" 2 - Service "A" 3 B - Service "B" 1 - Service "B" 2 - Service "B" 3 C - Service "C" 1 - Service "C" 2 - Service "C" 3 Has anyone achieved this type of functionality before?
    • By Falk
      Hi!
      I have lots of blogposts in my pagetree and I want the pagelabel to include the value of the post’s datefield (only the year).
      Adding date | title in the template settings results in something like…
      1536012000 | my blogpost title
      Is it possible to convert the timestamp to a readable date?

• By zota
      Hi,
      After 2 or 3 cliks on my nav bar the browser starts to show
      http://julio.x10host.com/home/juliox15/public_html/logos/
      instead of
      http://julio.x10host.com/logos/
      Where or what should I start the fixing?
      Thanks
    • By mjut
      Hello!
      I am trying to get some extra css-file into my admin templates. I managed to modify my admin.php to this:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; require($config->paths->adminTemplates . 'controller.php'); echo "<link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='" . $config->urls->templates . "css/admin.css'>"; By doing so, the css <link> is added to the very end of each parsed admin-html. (right AFTER the closing </body> tag.)
      That causes some trouble. e.g. the page tree is not displaying any more. Although, other pages are working - like the edit form of a page.
      My question: is there a correct way of adding my extra css to the admin area?
      Thanks for you help!
      Stephan

• By karian
      I don't know why multiple instances (repeater_repeat_columns1, repeater_repeat_columns2, ...) of my repeater field are displayed inside Template field (see image).
      Is there a way to clean/reset it ?