jploch

Portfolio Website

I just relaunched my portfolio website. It's my first ajax driven website using ProcessWire as a CMS.
Its a showcase of some of my work as well as a digital playground to improve my coding skills.

If you encounter any bugs or have feedback, feel free to share :) 

janploch.de

• Like 13

Very nice!! Loved your work, specially Fabricius logo and website. Great job!!

The only criticism I can make is that sometime a click on an item took more time than expected and I had no visual clue to see if it was loading or not. :)

• Like 2

Now that I've looked at the Network inspector, I know why: it took 22 seconds to load all the 25.4MB of images here in Brazil in a 60 Mb/s connection.  :o

Edited by Sergio
grammar
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Now that I looked the Network inspector I know why, it took 22 seconds do load all the 25.4MB of images here in Brazil in a 60 Mb/s connection.  :o

Hi Sergio, thats unfortunate.
Iam still optimizing the page. Intentionally it should lazyload/preload some of the assets (this is needed for the scroll sequences used on some pages).
But that should not stop the rest of the page from showing up. What browser did you testet this on?
Maybe I have to add a loading icon just in case..
I added a loading icon if the page is not ready..
Thx for testing!

Great!

I'm using Opera v52 on Windows 10.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ICF Church
      Hi 👋
      Anyone else having this problem?
      Requirements:
      - Repeater (matrix & normal) with mutlilanguage fields (text, textarea…) 
      - Backend language set to something other than default (ie. German) 
      Reproduce:
      - Add a new repeater Item (ajax, I found no way to possible to disable it with matrix)

(Notice how the default language tab is active instead of the backend language…)
      - Write something into the (default language) field
      - Try to save, if field is required, this will not work. If not required, then when reloading, the content will be inside the backend language field, instead of the default language field who was (presumably) active
      Analysis:
      When  loading  a new repeater element with ajax, the default langue tab is active, but the backend language inputfield is visible (with no visual indication). When writing into the field, it will populate the backend language. When manually clicking on the default language tab (which is already active), the field will switch to the actual default language field (which is [now] empty) (that can now be populated…)
      Also Notice, the labels of the elements to be added are in default language as well instead of the translated label (images instead of Bilder)…
      ProcessWire 3.0.148, Profields 0.0.5…
      Is it my system configuration, or does anyone else have the same issue? This is a screen recording of the problem:
      Issue: https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/1179

Screen Recording 2020-02-25 at 14.18.31.mov
    • By MateThemes
      Hello everyone!
      I am working with Processwire since some time. But some topics are quite hard for me.
      I have a Portfolio (Gallery) Page.
      I am build a template with Portfolio Index and pages with portfolio entries.
      Structure:
      Portfolio Index
      -- Portfolio Entry
      -- Portfolio Entry
      and so on.
      Portfolio Entry has an Image field with max 12 images and are accessible Templates. 
      Now I want to display the single Portfolio Entry on the Portfolio Index and Paginate them. In the index page all images of a single Entry page should be displayed (I should not be organized as albums, where a random image of the portfolio entry should be displayed). 
      I have no clue to achieve this. May someone could give me an advice.
      Thank you in advance!
    • By michelangelo
      Hello there,
      I am building my website, which has a dozen projects with 10 images each. Basically, I need a filtering system but built in the most efficient and user-friendly way. You can see below that the images flow sideways so being hidden, JS lazy loading was a good tool, but I just wanted to try AJAX. Is it fit for this purpose or it's more for dynamic content?

• By louisstephens
      I have been messing around with creating pages from ajax requests, and it has gone swimmingly thus far. However, I am really struggling with creating a page and saving an image via ajax. 
      The form:
      <form action="./" role="form" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"> <div> <input type="text" id="preview" name="preview" placeholder="Image Title"> </div> <div> <input type="file" id="preview-name" name="preview-name"> </div> <div> <select id="select-tags" name="select-tags"> <?php $tags = $pages->find("template=tag"); ?> <option value="">Select Your Tags</option> <?php foreach ($tags as $tag) : ?> <option value="<?= $tag->name; ?>"><?= $tag->name; ?></option> <?php endforeach; ?> </select> </div> <div> <button type="button" id="submit-preview" name="submit" class="">Upload Images</button> </div> </form>  
      The ajax in my home template:
      $('#submit-preview').click(function(e) { e.preventDefault(); title = $("#preview").val(); image = $("input[name=preview-name]"); console.log(title); console.log(image); data = { title: title, image: image //not sure if this is actually needed }; $.ajax({ type: 'POST', data: data, url: '/development/upload-preview/', success: function(data) { console.log("Woo"); }, error: function(xhr, ajaxOptions, thrownError) { alert(xhr.responseText); } }); }); And finally in my ajax template:
      $imagePath = $config->paths->assets . "files/pdfs/"; //was from an older iteration $title = $sanitizer->text($_POST['title']); $image = $sanitizer->text($_POST['image']); $p = new Page(); $p->template = "preview"; $p->parent = $pages->get("/previews/"); $p->name = $title; $p->title = $title; $p->save(); $p->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('preview_image'); $u->setMaxFiles(1); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($p->preview_image->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $p->preview_image->add($filename); } $p->save(); I can complete the file upload but just using a simple post to the same page and it it works well, but I was really trying to work out the ajax on this so I could utilize some modals for success on creation (and to keep my templates a little cleaner). When I do run the code I have, a new/blank folder is created under assets, and a new page is created with the correct title entered. However, no image is being processed. I do get a 200 status in my console. I have searched google for help, but everything seems to be slightly off from my needs. If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. 
    • By louisstephens
      So I am using ajax to upload an image, but I am getting the error "Method WireUpload:: save does not exist or is not callable". I am not quite sure how to go about fixing this (at the moment).
      elseif($config->ajax && $input->urlSegment1 == "upload-preview") { $u = $config->paths->assets . "files/pdfs/"; $title = $sanitizer->text($_POST['title']); $p = new Page(); $p->template = "preview"; $p->parent = $pages->get("/previews/"); $p->name = $title; $p->title = $title; $p->save(); $p->setOutputFormatting(false); $u = new WireUpload('preview_image'); $u->setMaxFiles(1); $u->setOverwrite(false); $u->setDestinationPath($p->preview_image->path()); $u->setValidExtensions(array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'gif', 'png', 'pdf')); foreach($u->execute() as $filename) { $p->preview_image->add($filename); } $u->save(); } I compared my code to something I did previously (though previously I just posted to the current template file, not through ajax) which works, but this doesnt seem to be working. I have the _init.php file prepending as well. Does anyone have any ideas of what might be happening?