Eunico Cornelius

Per-word $selector for autocomplete search bar

I am trying to filter my $pages with a find($selector method). 

$matches = $pages->find($selector);

and this is an example of what my selector looks like

$selector = "include=all, title|body~=$q, limit=50";

In this case, it only searches according to the matching exact words.

For example:we search="art", the result="art times","these art",....

Is there any way to search based on the alphabet?

For example: we search="ab", the result="absolutely correct","abstract art",....

Fuzzy matching like one is expecting nowadays of a good search field is actually quite difficult to do with mysql. If you need a fast search returning relevant content for such short search terms you're most often better served using something like elasticsearch or angolia.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 5:24 PM, DaveP said:

If I understand correctly, in your $selector, use body^=$q instead of body~=$q. (Note caret instead of tilde.)

See https://processwire.com/api/selectors/#operators

I understand this part, and I have tried to do it with body^=$q, However in a search, this will only apply for the first part of the word. For example, if I have a question "What is the best pet" this will only work if I search for "wh" and it will not show if I even search for "best". I have read the documentation and body*=$q fits more for search queries. Thank you for you help :) . @DaveP @LostKobrakai

Aaahh, I wasn't understanding correctly. :rolleyes:

Maybe something like this

might be useful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm facing a weird behavior (to me)... Why are these requests not returning the same values ?

// Test 01 : not working > returns empty $allPlayers = $pages->find("team=$team"); // Returns the 10 players (1 of them has HP=14, others have HP>15, no players have coma=1) $dangerPlayers = $allPlayers->find("(HP<=15), (coma=1)")->sort("coma, HP"); // Returns nothing ??? // Test 02 : Working as expected $dangerPlayers = $pages->find("parent.name=players, team=$team, (HP<=15), (coma=1)")->sort("coma, HP"); // Returns the low HP player
      If you can explain this to me, I would appreciate because this is causing me a headache right now 🙂 
      Thanks !
    • By j__
      On a site that lists events, I am using a repeater field 'event_time', which contains two Inputfield Time fields 'event_time_start' and 'event_time_end'. Some events take place multiple times, others just once. Here's an example for the data structure:
      event1 title: First Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 08:00 event_time_end: 09:00 event2 title: Second Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 08:00 event_time_end: 09:00 event_time (2): event_time_start: 14:00 event_time_end: 18:00 event3 title: Third Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 07:00 event_time_end: 09:30 First, I'd like to generate a list of all events, sorted by event_time_start, with every repeater item added as an actual event (similar to a SQL JOIN clause). The desired output would be:
      07:00-09:30 Third Event 08:00-09:00 First Event 08:00-09:00 Second Event 14:00-18:00 Second Event A selector like
      $pages->find('template=event,event_time.event_time_start!=,sort=event_time.event_time_start'); would only return each event page once:
      07:00-09:30 Third Event 08:00-09:00 First Event 08:00-09:00 Second Event without
      14:00-18:00 Second Event Is there a possible alteration of the selector to take all different occurrences into account?
      Also I'd like to filter for events taking place in the morning, using a selector like:
      $pages->find('template=event,event_time.event_time_start>=06:00,event_time.event_time_start<=12:00,sort=event_time.event_time_start'); However, this would only return each 'event' page, which then contains also the afternoon version of event2.
      While I have the impression these are rather simple tasks, I struggle finding a selector-based solution to it. In this example on opening times are some similarities, but it does not deal with multiple occurrences. I'd appreciate your ideas to it.
    • By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      I am trying to add a field that provides a dropdown menu but there are no Options or Selector(s) type available - see attached image of field types available.
      The following reference under the docs does not appear to be applicable any more:
      https://processwire.com/api/modules/select-options-fieldtype/
      I can't see how to achieve this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

• By quickjeff
      Hi Guys,
      Right now, I am using parents as breadcrumbs but I have pages under a parent page just to keep things organized. The pages are called in other areas of the site. 
      I am trying to create user path history breadcrumbs.
      Meaning: If the user clicked a link to the page, it will show the path he took. Has anyone done this? Would love to see who has before I dive in.
      Thanks. 
    • By sam-vital
      Hi,
      I'm creating a News/Updates section for a client and they would like the 3 most recent Updates previewed on the home screen. So this would be Title and Date Posted. These blog posts will be child pages of a News and Updates page, which is a child of the Home page. So it's like Home -> News -> Blog posts. I don't need this to be a nav menu, just something to show the newest updates.
      All help is appreciated 🙂