Eunico Cornelius

Per-word $selector for autocomplete search bar

I am trying to filter my $pages with a find($selector method). 

$matches = $pages->find($selector);

and this is an example of what my selector looks like

$selector = "include=all, title|body~=$q, limit=50";

In this case, it only searches according to the matching exact words.

For example:we search="art", the result="art times","these art",....

Is there any way to search based on the alphabet?

For example: we search="ab", the result="absolutely correct","abstract art",....

Fuzzy matching like one is expecting nowadays of a good search field is actually quite difficult to do with mysql. If you need a fast search returning relevant content for such short search terms you're most often better served using something like elasticsearch or angolia.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 5:24 PM, DaveP said:

If I understand correctly, in your $selector, use body^=$q instead of body~=$q. (Note caret instead of tilde.)

See https://processwire.com/api/selectors/#operators

I understand this part, and I have tried to do it with body^=$q, However in a search, this will only apply for the first part of the word. For example, if I have a question "What is the best pet" this will only work if I search for "wh" and it will not show if I even search for "best". I have read the documentation and body*=$q fits more for search queries. Thank you for you help :) . @DaveP @LostKobrakai

Aaahh, I wasn't understanding correctly. :rolleyes:

Maybe something like this

might be useful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By louisstephens
      So I have a form, once completed, will create new pages. All in all, this is eazy-peezy for me now. I guess I need a bit of guidance on how to actually structure the rest of my code.  I thought I could just write a function (_func.php) and pass the fields to the function and let it do its' thing. However, I am kinda hitting a road block when I do it this way. 
      I currently am passing first name, last name, city, state (options field), and making pages based on the first/last names. I guess where I run into some issues is I am trying to check to see if the "page" already exists, and if it does, throw out an error:
      In the home template:
      if(isset( $_POST['submit'])) { $firstName =Trim (stripslashes($_POST['firstname'])); $lastName = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['lastname'])); $fullName = $firstName . $lastName; $city = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['city'])); $state = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['state'])); $lowerCaseName = strtolower($fullName); $people = $pages->find("template=person"); foreach ($people as $person) { $checkFirstName = $person->first_name; $checkLastName = $person->last_name; $checkFullName = $checkFirstName . $checkLastName; if ($checkFullName === $lowerCaseName) { echo "<p>" . "This person has already created a page. Please choose a different name." . "</p>"; } else { echo "hey"; processNewPerson(need_to_pass_person_details_to_function); } } // end foreach In _func.php:
      function processNewPerson($list) { $u = new Page(); $u->template = "person"; $u->parent = wire('pages')->get("/people/"); $u->title = ; $u->first_name = ; $u->last_name = ; $u->state = ; $u->city = ; $u->save(); $u->setOutputFormatting(false); } I am a little unsure of how to actually pass all the information to the template, as well as if this is even the best approach to do this. Would it make more sense to do this in a class, or keep it the way it is?
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm facing a weird behavior (to me)... Why are these requests not returning the same values ?

// Test 01 : not working > returns empty $allPlayers = $pages->find("team=$team"); // Returns the 10 players (1 of them has HP=14, others have HP>15, no players have coma=1) $dangerPlayers = $allPlayers->find("(HP<=15), (coma=1)")->sort("coma, HP"); // Returns nothing ??? // Test 02 : Working as expected $dangerPlayers = $pages->find("parent.name=players, team=$team, (HP<=15), (coma=1)")->sort("coma, HP"); // Returns the low HP player
      If you can explain this to me, I would appreciate because this is causing me a headache right now 🙂 
      Thanks !
    • By j__
      On a site that lists events, I am using a repeater field 'event_time', which contains two Inputfield Time fields 'event_time_start' and 'event_time_end'. Some events take place multiple times, others just once. Here's an example for the data structure:
      event1 title: First Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 08:00 event_time_end: 09:00 event2 title: Second Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 08:00 event_time_end: 09:00 event_time (2): event_time_start: 14:00 event_time_end: 18:00 event3 title: Third Event event_time (1): event_time_start: 07:00 event_time_end: 09:30 First, I'd like to generate a list of all events, sorted by event_time_start, with every repeater item added as an actual event (similar to a SQL JOIN clause). The desired output would be:
      07:00-09:30 Third Event 08:00-09:00 First Event 08:00-09:00 Second Event 14:00-18:00 Second Event A selector like
      $pages->find('template=event,event_time.event_time_start!=,sort=event_time.event_time_start'); would only return each event page once:
      07:00-09:30 Third Event 08:00-09:00 First Event 08:00-09:00 Second Event without
      14:00-18:00 Second Event Is there a possible alteration of the selector to take all different occurrences into account?
      Also I'd like to filter for events taking place in the morning, using a selector like:
      $pages->find('template=event,event_time.event_time_start>=06:00,event_time.event_time_start<=12:00,sort=event_time.event_time_start'); However, this would only return each 'event' page, which then contains also the afternoon version of event2.
      While I have the impression these are rather simple tasks, I struggle finding a selector-based solution to it. In this example on opening times are some similarities, but it does not deal with multiple occurrences. I'd appreciate your ideas to it.
    • By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      I am trying to add a field that provides a dropdown menu but there are no Options or Selector(s) type available - see attached image of field types available.
      The following reference under the docs does not appear to be applicable any more:
      https://processwire.com/api/modules/select-options-fieldtype/
      I can't see how to achieve this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

• By quickjeff
      Hi Guys,
      Right now, I am using parents as breadcrumbs but I have pages under a parent page just to keep things organized. The pages are called in other areas of the site. 
      I am trying to create user path history breadcrumbs.
      Meaning: If the user clicked a link to the page, it will show the path he took. Has anyone done this? Would love to see who has before I dive in.
      Thanks.