Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Any help appreciated.
I started with Joomla on this CMS parade. Then later I put my hands on Wordpress and eventually settled into Concrete 5. Recently I came to know about ProcessWire CMS, while I was looking for a better replacement for Concrete 5 in terms of robust, easiness, compact. I went through few Video tutorials of PW and read the documentation. The installation of PW was smoothy.
The concept of Page is awsome. I like the relation of Page, Fields & Templates. There are many things I can equal to Concrete 5 from ProcessWire, yet PW offers a tiny minimal, code level approach for CMS. We have full control over design & data. There are some pitfalls I felt such no sitewide settings, global logo setup etc but it is easily tackled with some API codes. PW api seems amazing, it is par with what Concrete 5 Offers.
I have done a simple website in ProcessWire now and going to do a lot further :
By Clément Lambelet
I'm really new to ProcessWire, maybe I missed the solution in the documentation.
I'm working on a site which involves a lot of image upload fields, and I'm always getting many timeout errors. I'm pretty sure it's because I generate too many variations on a single page load (around 20 images with 7 different sizes, for them to be responsive).
I can't use ImageSizerEngineIMagick to help (my host doesn't support it).
I was wondering if there was a way to hook to the process of client-side image resizing (https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.63-adds-client-side-image-resizing/) to generate the different variations (as it seems really faster). If not, is there a way to generate the different variations on upload and not on page load ?
Any ideas and suggestions are welcome!
By Kiwi Chris
More than a year after I submitted a proposal, I finally was given the contract to build a new website for a regional promotion organisation, promoting a very sparsely populated part of NZ.
The original website I think was running CMS Made Simple, however it was not mobile friendly, and the organisation of directory listings into categories was unreliable, and edits required requests to the original developer.
My brief was to make the site mobile friendly, and user editable, although I also ended up providing some of the photography as some of the site owners were slow to come forward with material themselves. I didn't rewrite content as that was beyond the scope of what I was asked to provide.
Bootstrap 4 came out after I'd already started the project, so it's built using Bootstrap 3.
Modules I used:
Admin Restrict Branch (So owners of listings can log in and edit their own listings, but nothing more) AIOM+ - I found the LESS compilation handy, as I could work with the Bootstrap source files and adjust variables rather than overriding compiled bootstrap. Fieldtype Phone - so I could easily format phone numbers so that they would work both as URLs and display correctly. Social Share Buttons - although I created a modified colour set of icons. Jumplinks - to map URLs from old site to maintain SEO.