Cody Connor

plugins are not working for the InputfieldCKEditor module.

2 posts in this topic

I installed the InputfieldCKEditor module and am using the ck editor in all of the fields on my processwire website.  I need to be able to drag images into the CKEditor field so I downloaded a CKEditor plugin called simpleuploads put it into /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/ and added the plugin to the field I am working on.  I have tried doing it many different ways and the plugins still are not working and I have no idea where to go from here.

I am working with processwire version 3.0.61.

I am using CKEditor version 4.4.2.

ckeditor.PNG

ckeditorplugins.PNG

I think your issue is not due to any general problem with adding plugins for CKEditor, but due to the fact that images in PW must be stored in an image field. CKEditor is a third-party tool so by itself it doesn't have any idea about PW image fields. Theoretically a person could make a custom CKEditor plugin that could add images to a PW image field but to my knowledge no such plugin is available. So for now you will need to first add your images to an image field and then add them to CKEditor from there.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By encho
      I have few issues with CKEditor customisation. PW 3.0.68 here.
      First, I wish to have custom styles in the bar and I have followed the instructions here. However, my styles still do not appear. Is there a field that needs to be enabled as well and where?
      Second, when inserting images with pwimage plugin there are style names that I wish to change, for example align_left to uk-align-left. I have copied plugin from wire folder to site, as instructed in 'plugins' section of field input properties. I have changed the styles, but now when aligning image none of the styles are there (not even the original). When I look at the source code, there is no 'class' attribute, although it still respects 'alt' attribute that can be changed via plugin.
      Any help appreciated.
    • By benbyf
      Hello,
      Does anyone know whether the is a place detailing the structure your admin theme should take when creating one? e.g. I see UiKit, Reno and Default admin themes all have default.php, init.php, controller.php files, is this a stylisitic choice or a prerequisite for any admin theme module?
      Thanks!
    • By Claus
      How do I go about adding custom markup to my Body-fields? I want to add some spans, but they are all removed if I add them in the ‘Source’ window.  I can see that the Body-field is edited by CDEditor, but how do I add a custom ‘mystyles.js’ to it? (If that indeed is what I need to do). The guides I have have found on this seem outdated.
    • By ethanbeyer
      I have a question about Multiple Site implementation, and how to possible "share" modules between them.
      First, required reading: https://processwire.com/api/modules/multi-site-support/  I'm dealing with Option #1.
      The way this works is that in the root directory of a site, there is an index.config.php file that denotes what domain is mapped to which site-*/ directory.
      The project I am working on has three site-*/ directories, each with their own site-*/modules/ directory.
      What has happened is that a lot of the modules from site to site are the same.
      I was wondering if there was any way to "share" modules between sites in the Multiple Site setup, via symlink or alias, or potentially if there was some roadmapped feature that @ryan has planned to solve this issue.
      Either way, any help/pointers would be appreciated!
    • By Herrmann22
      Hi,
      i build at the moment my first website with ProcessWire. Now I want integrate a 3D configurator like on the following site.
      Know anywhere a PlugIn or another module with them I can realize my project? Thanks for help.