Cody Connor

plugins are not working for the InputfieldCKEditor module.

I installed the InputfieldCKEditor module and am using the ck editor in all of the fields on my processwire website.  I need to be able to drag images into the CKEditor field so I downloaded a CKEditor plugin called simpleuploads put it into /site/modules/InputfieldCKEditor/plugins/ and added the plugin to the field I am working on.  I have tried doing it many different ways and the plugins still are not working and I have no idea where to go from here.

I am working with processwire version 3.0.61.

I am using CKEditor version 4.4.2.

ckeditor.PNG

ckeditorplugins.PNG

I think your issue is not due to any general problem with adding plugins for CKEditor, but due to the fact that images in PW must be stored in an image field. CKEditor is a third-party tool so by itself it doesn't have any idea about PW image fields. Theoretically a person could make a custom CKEditor plugin that could add images to a PW image field but to my knowledge no such plugin is available. So for now you will need to first add your images to an image field and then add them to CKEditor from there.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mirza
      Any plans to support for processwire with php 7?
    • By sebr
      Hi
      I'm working on my tempate to provide an AMP (Accelerated Mobile Page) template version.
      But there is a problem with CKEditor. AMP needs width AND height attributes to all images. Then when I instert an image in my body field from CKEditor the source code juste includes width attributes.
      How can I add automaticaly height width CKEditor ? Or if not possible width CKEditor, how can I dow from URL image to get height image ?
      Thanks in advance
    • By flashmaster
      Hi im new to this forum and i need some help with a booking system that i have trying to implement under Processwire. I hope that i can explain as much as i can what my problem is.
      Here is the orginal script https://github.com/olejon/phpmyreservation
      I downloaded the script and got some help to fix it because it was all messed up. I have attached a file "ReservationSystem.rar" and it should work out of the box. Also attached the database file "Phpmyreservation.sql".
      The thing is the script works great as it is now but when i install a blank version of processwire and import the script to the template folder it wont work. I have tried many things but cant get it to work just error after error etc. Please ask me if you need some more information about this. I know you are the experts so thats why im asking you.
      ReservationSystem.rar
      phpmyreservation.sql
    • By zaib
      I've a simple scenario, i want to add two users "content_creator" & "content_publisher"
      content_creator can add new pages,edit them(only edit not publish) and view only where content_publisher can publish the unpublished pages after reviewing.

Thank you.
    • By Jon
      Hello All,
      One of my clients is having problems with the alignment of images with captions within the body. The problem is once the image has been inserted into the body and we try and move it by drag and drop this only moves the image and leaves the caption behind.
      Anyone know of a fix for this so the whole figure is moved rather than just the image? 
      Cheers
      Jon